Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A cottage on a hill

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
A cottage on a hill  Empty
PostSubject: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Wesley was not in his armor unlike last time. In his boots, tunic, and pants he was mending a fence. He picked up a massive stone and began to clear were the fence had toppled over. He had been away for a long time and he had missed home. Then, he began to began the slow process of building the fence back up. Even though it was in the coolish evening weather it was sweaty work and hopelessly boring compared to the adventure he had had in Lapidem. The milk cow meandered over and mooed softly, licking his arm.
"Hey," He said itching her head. "How's cow life?"
The cow mooed again and he cracked a smile. The emotions let off by the cow were quiet simple, calm contentment unlike the turmoil mortals put off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Lyssa had been traveling all around the world, ever since she left those three people at the mysterious cavern where she had almost died seven-too-many times. She had to admit it, she was a coward. She always had been. That is part of the reason she left the three. She was too scared. She wished she wasn't such a coward. She had wicked powers for goddess sake. It was just how she was. She was naturally shy and timid. She couldn't help it. She wanted to overcome it and tried many times, but in the end she always failed. Why did she hold in so much cowardice, and how would she get rid of it? She wanted help, but she was too afraid to talk to people. It was a situation she couldn't find a way out of.

The girl found herself coming up to a small cottage atop a hill. Light from the sun was just barely peeking out from above the cottage, for it was getting to be nighttime. Lyssa stands at the bottom of the hill that the cottage rests on and looks up to the west at the sky. There were ominous dark clouds in the distance that seemed to be a warning everyone to hide or feel its wrath. The girl did not want to be caught out in the storm, which, from the looks of it, was going to land in either the late night or early morning. The small legacy girl makes the tough decision that she would go to the cottage to seek shelter. She slowly begins to make her way up the hill, her steps light and wary, as if some menacing creature was going to maul her if she made any wrong moves. She had learned not to trust things the hard way.

Then she saw him. The same guy who was with the pirate chick on the beach with her and Shard. What was he doing here? Was this where he lived? Fear racked up Lyssa's back. She didn't know what to do. She had not one doubt in her mind that the guy . . . Wes, was it? That he would reprimand her for being a coward and forcing her to leave. She didn't want to stay outside, it was getting cold and she didn't want to be out in the threatening storm. Was she to approach him or not? He appeared to be rebuilding a stone fence, and was . . . talking to a cow? Now that was a bit odd. Why would somebody in his right mind talk to a cow? It was almost beyond crazy. Talking to a dog or cat? That was fine. But to a cow, as if it was a human being no less? Sort of odd.

Lyssa hid herself behind a small bush near the cottage; one among many tiny ones that adorned the hill. She watches the boy fix up the fence. He looked really hot and sweaty from all the work, even though the temperature was dropping quite rapidly. It was becoming rather chilly out and Lyssa shivered a little. She decides to stay put and watches Wes as he fixes the fence. Maybe, just maybe, when he was done she would ask him for a room for the night. She had money that she could pay him. The cottage was quite large enough to hold two people. Well, from the looks of it the guy lived alone. The girl ends up letting out a small sneeze. Dang it, stupud plants. She was allergic to pollen, and blamed a small flower box outside one the cottage's few windows. She quickly curls herself into a ball to make her self less visible. Hopefully Wes wouldn't notice. Hopefully...
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 pm

Wesley was pushing the final stones on the fence into place when he felt a trickle of fear tickle his senses. He glanced up at the cow, to the coop of chickens in his neighbor's yard, to the dog laying on his porch. When the dog noticed Wesley looking at him, he wagged his frayed tail, stood and trotted off. After honing in on the emotion he made the decision that it was human. Fear... fear of what? Judgement. Wesley stood back to admire his handy work on the fence.
"Not my best job but it will do," He muttered to himself itching his jaw. He realized he had stubble on his face. He pulled a face, his hair had gotten slightly longer too. Long enough to pull into a small ponytail, not that he would want too.
He walked down the path searching for the source of the human emotions. Then he spotted a small form curled up on a hill watching him with wide eyes.
"Lyssa?" He asked, shocked. "What are you doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am

Great. How was Lyssa going to talk her way out of this one? To be honest, she didn't want to talk at all. She felt like running away. She was scared of Wes. He was big, strong, and definitely intimidating. If only she didn't sneeze. Stupid plants. She would have been fine, but no, she had to sneeze because of the pollen. Just her luck too.

'I'm sorry! the girl exclaims as Wes asks her what she was doing. She jumps up go her feet and debates mentally whether to run or not. She was fast, but probably no where near as quick Wes was. She decides to tell him the truth. She stands up straight, making herself look a little bit taller than she was. She tried her best to make herself look brave, but in reality her insides were falling apart. Her hands were trembling terribly no matter how hard she focused on making them stop, she couldn't make it go away. It was completely evident she was terrified at the moment.

'I....I uh....I was just won...' Lyssa tries to talk, but she kept on faltering from fright. 'I'm sorry! I just needed shelter for the night and it's getting cold out and it's going to rain soon and I didn't want to be caught out in it! I saw you fixing up the fence and I was going to ask you when you were done if I could seek shelter in your house for the night. I have money. I can pay! Just please, please don't hurt me! ' she ends up blurting out. The last sentance came out of nowhere. She had no intention of saying that. It just flowed out with everything else. Now she was probably in some deep muck. Wes was not happy with her, or so she thought.

Last edited by Supernova on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:46 am

The dog came over to investigate, he wagged his frayed tail as he trotted over. Wesley put his hand on his head, scratching him behind the ears.
"Whoa, relax." He winced as he was bombarded by the onslaught of emotion from Lyssa. "I can't think strait when your panicking... Of course you can stay, no need to pay. This is Moose."
Moose wagged his tail and sniffed Lyssa before licking her arm showing his approval. "Come inside," He said walking up the path.

((Sorry, pathetic post. I ran out of time. ))
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Lyssa a bit scared of the dog that had approached with Wes and almost let out a tiny cry of fright when it came up to her. She held it in though. Good thing too, for all the dog did was lick her arm. Moose. That was the dog's name. Why would someone name an animal after a different animal? It didn't really make any sense to her. She gives the dog a light pat on the head and it reacts playfully. It starts running around her as she rises up to her feet. She thought for sure that Wes was going to hurt her when he saw her cowering in a bush. It was not something people normally did. Then again, Lyssa was not close to normal at all.

The girl follows Wes up to the cottage. She had no idea if this was his house or not, but why would Wes be there? It had to be his. 'Uh...are you positive it's okay if I stay? she asks him, her voice quiet and showing her timidness.

OOC: A sucky post as well, this is.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

"Yeah, it's fine. I don't get many visitors. " Wesley answered watching Moose gamboling about. The mutt wiggled all over and dashed up the way, slipping on the dirt path as he went. Wesley smiled at the sight. The cow reached over and attempted to eat his shirt again. He danced out of the way.
"No you don't. That will be the third time this week you've slimed up my tunic."
The cow meandered off to the middle of the pasture, to were a goat was grazing. The goat bleated and bounced off and up a tree that was slightly crooked, hopping from branch to branch. Wesley pushed open the door, the cottage was a simple three rooms. One was for sleeping, the main area for sitting and eating with a fireplace, and the last room was also for sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:47 am

Lyssa walks into the house with Wes, her footsteps still wary. Wait a minute...was Wes talking to a cow? And the cow seemed to have responded to him. Then what was Wes? Was he actually a human, or something more? Something stronger; something smarter? No, it couldn't be possible. The cow probably just went off on its own. Wes was definitely a human.

'Thanks', Lyssa mutters quietly as she steps into the main room. She could tell it was the main room for there was a stove, counter, and all other types of kitchen furnishes in there. The other two rooms were most likely bedrooms. But why would Wes have two bedrooms in his house? 'So...' she says, her voice barely audible. She didn't know what to say. No stranger had ever been so kind to her as to giving her a room for the night. She still planned on paying him too, for she was most likely going to be a burden on him. That's all she was too, a burden.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:22 pm

"No problem," he answered throwing another log onto the fire. The stack was getting low, he'd have to go cut some more in the morning. He felt the stab of worry and fear again and he winced.
"You okay?" He asked looking at her with his stormy colored eyes, concerned. He opened the closed bedroom door. "You can stay in here."
The window was on the west side so who ever stayed in there could see the sunset, much like the one that was going to happen within the next hour or so. A bed was positioned built into the wall and there was a trunk at its bottom. It was empty so who ever stayed in there could store their stuff and there was a stand in the corner with a wash basin and a pitcher.
"If you need water," he said walking over to a corner in the main room. There was a hidden handle in the floor boards and his finders hooked around it, puling it up he relieved a well. There was a rope and bucket sitting a few paces away. "Any other questions?" he asked gently. If Lyssa had been paying attention to Wesley at all she would have realized Wesley was a rather quiet person who was kind and willing to help just about anybody.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 am

Lyssa was caught completely off-guard by Wes' kindness towards her. Why was he being so nice to her? Also, why did he keep on wincing? Was he in pain? Did he somehow get hurt without her noticing? The girl slowly walks up to a large window that gave a great view of a valley and the setting sun. She didn't really care about the view at the moment, she wanted to know if Wes was okay. If something had happened to him while she was around, other people would probably think that she had somehow hurt him. She didn't want people to hate her as if she was a criminal. She wanted the total opposite of that.

'Wes,' Lyssa says, her voice quiet, as she turns to face him. 'Are you okay? You look pained.' she finishes. She didn't like to see other people in pain, especially such nice ones. What had happened to him though? He was wincing as if he was getting stabbed repeatedly, but there was no sign of any wound on his body from what Lyssa could see. What was wrong with him then? Was it Lyssa's fault?
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 pm

"Yeah, I am fine." He said quietly. Her fear was replaced for concern for him and he smiled as the little puppy Moose had adopted came scampering across the floor, she skidded and slammed into Lyssa ankles. The puppy was barking at Wesley with all of her might. When Wesley moved forward to pick her up, she hid behind Lyssa's legs and resumed barking at him. It was a hysterical sight, a rolly poly grey puppy barking at a massive six foot five inch man.
"Oh really, why don't you like me?" He muttered crouching down, " Is it because I'm different?" He asked in a quieter tone. But the puppy would have nothing to do with him.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

Lyssa had had bad experiences with dogs before, but she manages to keep herself calm. The puppy seemed to be using her as protection against Wes and it was quite funny. It was barking at him as loud as possible, but it had no effect whatsoever on Wes. He looked amused now instead of pained. Lyssa was happy about that. She didn't like to see other people in pain. It made her feel pained as well, or so it seemed.

The girl tries to move to the left a little, but the small dog followed, using her feet as protection. Lyssa let out a quiet laugh and smiles a little.

'I guess he does not take favor to you,' she tells Wes with a slight grin. She had decided she could trust him and be herself around him. She could be safe here. She felt safe as well. She also felt happy as well, for even now she could hear thunder starting to roar in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 pm

"I tripped over her once," Wesley complained trying to bait the puppy to come out. There was the sound of large paws scratching at the door. Wesley decided to ignore the puppy and opened the door for Moose to come in. The puppy ran over to the large mutt and desperately tried to lick his face. The older dog walked over to the fire place, flopped down, and let the puppy burrow in between his two front legs.
With that Wesley opened the cellar door and went down the ladder for the potatoes and meat. He came back up twice. Unwrapping the chunk of dried meat he put it in the pot along with a half-bucket of water. Then he put it over the fire and started scrubbing the potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:06 am

Lyssa smiled a little at the fact that the tiny dog tried her best to stay away from him. It was odd though. It seemed as if Wes could communicate to animals. Not like how normal people do, but actually talk to them. She knew it wasn't possible, but that was how it seemed. The girl makes her way into the kitchen, following Wes. She noticed that everytime he went to the basement he came back up with some wrapped food. He must be making dinner. It was only natural that Lyssa asked if she could help. She always made dinner when she lived with her father. She didn't enjoy it, but it had become a habit.

'Do you need any help?' Lyssa asks Wes, eying him curiously. It wasn't often a man made food, usually a girl servant or wife made it. Maybe Wes didn't have any. Maybe he was all alone besides these animals. The girl tries to push the small thought out of her mind as she waits for Wes to answer.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Wesley scrubbed the potatoes with vigor and his lips twitched in amusement at her curiosity.
"Come now, it is quite normal for a man living alone to prepare a meal for himself and his guest. But if you insist, wash you hands in the basin in your room and you can help me with the potatoes."
He went back to removing the dirt from them and when Lyssa came back he handed her a small, clean knife to cut potatoes with. He studied each potato with an unusual intensity in his stormy eyes. Occasionally, he would run his thumb over the scar on the right side of his face that traveled the jaw line. It was small and barely noticeable unless you were close to his face. He did this often when he was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Once Lyssa came back from washing her hands, Wes handed her a small knife. She took it and grasped it firmly in her right hand. She moves a slab of wood that served as a cutting board to infront of her, then grabbed a potato. She carefully sliced it up into small layers. Once done with the one potato, the girl looks up to Wes. He seemed to be rubbing the thumb on his right hand along his jaw as he cleaned the potatoes. After a but closer inspection, Lyssa could make out that he had a large scar running across his face. Lyssa wanted to ask him how he got it, but instead asks him something else.

'Is this good?' she asks Wes, not being able to take her eyes off of the scar on his face. It was so out of place, but made him look a lot tougher. Lyssa wouldn't dare ask him about it. Usually people were sensitive about such things. She didn't want to cause any trouble.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Wesley was jerked out of his thoughts by Lyssa.
"Is this good?"
He looked at the chunks of potato on the board and smiled, "Yep. Could you make a stack of them right there while the meat simmers?"
He indicated a spot on the well worn table. Wesley finished scrubbing the potatoes and checked the meat, then he began pulling it apart with a couple roasting stick.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:00 am

'Okay!' Lyssa answers Wes, a random bit of happiness in her voice. She didn't know where it came from. She suddenly felt happy to have someone who she could call a friend. Well, at least she thought of Wes as a friend. She didn't know what he thought of her. Hopefully he liked her as well, for things could get awkward later on. It would be weird to sleep in someone-who-hates-you's house.

The girl stacked her first pile of spiced potatoes on the table, then went back to finish with the rest of potatoes. There were about three left, so it wouldn't take to long. The girl only cut herself on accident once, when she was finishing the last potato the knife slipped. It wasn't bad though, about the same as a cat scratch. The legacy quickly put the potatoes she had just cut with the rest then goes to the wash basin to clean her hands and scrub out her cut so it wouldn't get infected or anything. Many people didn't care about being clean, but Lyssa did. She knew the dangers of being unclean. Once she returns from the wash basin, she goes up to Wes and watch him prepare the meat.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 pm

After Wesley finished pulling the meat apart he stood and washed his hands in the basin. Removing all of the potato dirt from underneath his fingernails and scrubbed up to his elbows. When Lyssa cut her hand Wesley watched with his stormy eyes.
"You alright?" He asked catching the cut hand in his callused ones. He studied the tiny cut. He ran a clean thumb over the cut. Were he touched the wound closed up and a expanse of pale pink flesh was there, brand new baby skin.
"All fixed."
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:39 am

Lyssa stares at her finger, then to Wes. Her eyes showing both fear and curiosity. How did he do that? Was he really a magic user? He didn't see him being one, for they usually looked old and dark. Wes was the total opposite. He was something. Lyssa didn't know how to respond to him. He just healed her finger without so much as a bat of an eye.

'You . . . you aren't human, are you? No human can have the power to heal, without being magic practicers, and you, you do not look like a magic user.' Lyssa questions him, afraid he might respond harshly. He could be anything. Any monster, any divine creature. Anything. Lyssa cowers back from him slowly as she waits for Wes' reply. She didn't know what he would do, but she was scared.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Wesley detected Lyssa's fear and backed up a few steps.
"Sorry." Wesley listened to her question before answering with a question. Bad thing about Nephilim is they love to answer questions with riddles.
"What does a magic user look like then? If I wasn't mortal why would you be scared of me? Have I done something to cause distrust. You already know I could heal after I saved Katherine from Iron poisoning. Why freak out now?"
Wesley put the potatoes in the stem and then started picking up the table. Watching her with intelligent blue grey eyes.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Wes had got her there. Lyssa didn't really remember Wes' role at the sea, she just watched him from afar. She bows her head so her hair hides the shame that was written on her face. She had a bad memory, that was why. She didn't even know Katherine had contracted iron poisoning. She didn't remember it.

'I'm sorry! I don't remember. Lyssa begins, flinching back. She still didn't exactly trust Wes. 'I have a bad memory. I didn't even know Katherine had gotten poisoned! I'm sorry!' she finishes, tears now streaming down her cheeks. She was scared. Wes was stronger, bigger, and had more magical powers than she did. She was afraid that he would hurt her for her stupidness.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 am

Wesley sat down in a chair but stood up abruptly as soon as she started crying and the emotion started of fear started rolling off her in torrents.
"Whoa there lass," Wesley murmured enfolding her in his arms. The fallen angel dwarfed the small Legacy. "Why would I want to hurt you? You have only been kind to me. It's okay you don't remember that happens to living things."
He stroked the back of her glossy hair and pressed his lips to the crown of her head. Wesley was coping quite well for someone to little to no experience with actual girls. Katherine didn't count because she was a pirate and... well... Katherine. He was in fact panicking slightly but he didn't let it show.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:50 am

Lyssa felt little comfort from Wes trying to calm her down. It just freaked her out more. She didn't resist him holding her though. She knew she wouldn't have a chance of trying to escape his grip. She didn't know what he was doing. The girl wasn't sure if he was being affectionate or what.

'I'm sorry! I'm such a mess!' she cries, burying her head in Wes' shoulder. She was scared. Scared of how he might react to her. She didn't want to end up getting hurt or anything. That and there was no way she could escape from him. If he liked her as a friend she wouldn't care, but she could tell he was upset with her. He was angry at her for being such a pain.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Wesley chuckled slightly, "We all have messy moments all the time."
He sighed deeply and read her emotions some more. Then he could smell the soup and he disentangled himself from Lyssa. He moved over and stirred it and looked back at her.
"I am not angry at you despite what you may believe or feel Lyssa."
He pulled some wooden bowls down from a shelf and he filled them balancing them on his arm. Then he removed the pot from over the fire and moved the bowls onto the table. Wesley then put the on the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A cottage on a hill    A cottage on a hill  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A cottage on a hill
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Sylvia :: The Winding River-
Jump to: