Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First character! Yay!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

Location : In a place where chocolate bunnies and vampires still exist

First character! Yay!  Empty
PostSubject: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Monster Form
-A form for Werewolves, Vampires, Abarimon, Nephilim, Giants, Mere-folk, and other dark creatures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Name: Jennifer (Jenny) Shadows

Eye Color: Purple

Hair: Grey

Skin Color: White pale skin tone.

Height: 5'5"

Parentage:

Mother: Her mother is a vampire named Elizabeth who dislikes Jenny very much and always finds faults in her actions. She never wanted a girl child, she always hoped her child would be a healthy, strong man who could protect the people of Lapidem.

Father: Her father is a vampire named Edward who cares greatly for his daughter. Edwards always tried to find the best talents in Jenny and stop her mother criticizing her. Edward loved her daughter, but he had to agree with Elizabeth; Jenny was not the child he had hoped for.

Species: Vampire

Physical Description: Jenny is a thin, average height girl, with long locks tied into two pony tails. She is not a very strong or fit girl, but she is able to hold her own if needed. She very rarely trains so she is a bit weaker than most people/vampires.

Personality: Jennifer is a shy and secretive girl. She never tells anyone what she is doing or where she is going. She learned that if anyone found out what she did in her free time, they would laugh and criticize her for not being a good vampire. Jenny never speaks about herself unless forced to or if she is talking to a friend.

Realm of Origin: Lapidem

Talents: Plays ocarina

Weapon*: A steel sword that turns into a bracelet when she's not using it. She calls her sword SICARIUS which means 'killer' in Latin. It is three feet in length.

Flaws**: Shy, very secretive, naive and has a fear of fire.

Powers: Can turn into a bat. She can stay in this form for an hour at most before changing back into her original form. She can only turn into a bat at night.

Backstory***: Jennifer was born in the Lapidem realm where both her parents took care of her. She was raised like any other vampire in the realm; a hunter and tactician. She was never the best at anything, she could only play the ocarina, but no one cared about that. She would occasionally fly into the forest and sit in a dark cave practicing on her ocarina. Her parents would shout at her for not being as good as the other vampires and for being able to fly properly. Jennifer got tired of her parents criticism, but she did nothing, she was still too young. Jennifer would try her best to appease her parents but nothing she did seemed to please them. When she turned fifteen, she packed her bags and ran away, she had no idea where she would live or how she would survive, but she had to get away from her parents.

How does your character feel about being a monster? Regrets or is the life satisfying?***: Jennifer absolutely hates being a vampire, she wishes she was never born, at times. She would trade her life for a humans life if granted. She feels monsters are more sensitive than humans actually are, to her humans have no feelings; which is what she would prefer. She hates having to live off the blood of other living creature and not being able to eat anything like humans. Jennifer compares herself greatly to humans and finds humans much better than any type of monster.

Roleplay Example***: I walked through the forest, feeling the branches of small bushes brush against my legs. I heard something high up in the trees, What could that be? I wondered. I unsheathe my sword and look around, "Hello?" I call aloud, "Anyone there?" I decide it must be my imagination and continue walking. "It's just a few yards until the cave, keep walking." I tell myself. I really wanted to get to my cave, it was my secret cave where I could do almost anything. I stopped outside the entrance, it looked like someone else had been here. "What happened here?" I said to myself, "Who could've found this place?" I unsheathed my sword, ready to fight anyone I saw. I was furious, someone had destroyed my home and I wanted revenge.

Last edited by Scarlet Shadow on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Can you pretend that the picture does not exist for a moment? Please describe your character, Jenny, completely. Click on the characters in my signature if you need help with what we're looking for here.
Violins were first created during the Renaissance Period, a time after the medieval era. Please chose a different, older instrument.
What kind of a sword is her weapon? How long is it? What kind of metal was used in its creation? Does it have a name?
Exactly how fast is 'vampire speed'? If it is something that occurs only in the 'Twilight' saga, we are not accepting that power. If it is legitimate, then please elaborate.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Can you please leave some indication as to when you edit your character, for future reference? If you edit and then don't say specifically that you have, then I don't know to come back and check it.
Please add a roleplay example.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:34 am

Sorry, I was going to say 'edited' when I was done with the whole character. At the moment it is still a Work In Progress, hence the (WIP) in the title.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:08 am

I understand that you are still working on your character, but you have made edits and it's just helpful to know when those changes take place so that the character can be re-assessed and possibly approved.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 am

I will be sure to always say when I have edited in future. Sorry for not doing so on this character.
I hope this character is fine.

Oh, and EDITED
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:10 am

Vampires cannot tolerate direct sunlight, so perhaps she out to have skin an unhealthy-looking white instead of tanned.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 am

Edited
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Approved.

Happy Roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Another character   First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Name: Seth Rodriguez

Eye Color: Yellow, but looks gold at night.

Hair: Blonde-white, looks silver at night.

Skin Color: White, with the slightest tan.

Height: 5'8"

Physical Description: Seth is built muscularly, he trains hard almost everyday so he is very fit. He has a very strong body, so he able to fight and hold his own pretty well.

Personality: Seth has a very secretive life. He tends to get angry easily and tends to be too loyal to his friends. He dislikes being introduced to new people, but eventually grows to like them.

Type of Creature: Seth is an elf.

Parentage:

Mother: An elf by the name of Silver-Arrow.

Father: An elf by the name of Tiger-Claw

Realm of Origin: Sylvia

Animal Companion(Optional): A white tiger by the name of Solider. Soldier has been Seth's companion for many years now, he had lived with Seth ever since he was a cub.

Talents: Seth is a great swordsman and has great agility.

Weapon*: He uses a gold sword. He doesn't have a name for his sword and his sword is four feet long.

Flaws**: Seth is very secretive, he is anti-social, he is stubborn and he becomes too attached to his friends.

Powers(Optional): Seth can communicate with plants, animals and most nature spirits.

Backstory***: Seth grew up in the realm of Sylvia, he was part of the Rurulfids clan with his parents who took care of his every need. Seth might've had everything, but he certainly was not a spoiled brat. Seth always wanted to be a guardian, he would occasionally go on walks in the forest to see what the guardians were doing. Seth would watch over the realm, he wasn't protecting the realm, he was just keeping an eye on things. One night while Seth was walking home from watching over the realm, he saw a tiger cub wandering alone. Seth took the cub home and kept him as a companion. The cub, Soldier, would at all times be with Seth no matter what happened. As Seth grew, he matured into a elf and he would get better at working with plants and also being a great fighter. When he turned seventeen Seth's father died of a lung disease, he accidentally breathed in a drug and became very ill. His father lived for a few days and told Seth to protect his people and become a brave warrior. Seth swore upon his fathers grave that he would find a cure to the disease so that no other innocent lives would be taken away.

Roleplay Example***: I ran through the forest, feeling the wind in my face. I could see the end, a bright light was shiny right at the end. I had to get there no matter what, I just needed to get there. I leaped forward as I saw the light getting closer, I stretched out my hand as if to catch it. I fell down as I landed, I looked around quickly, but I did not see the light. Where did it go? I thought to myself. I got up and dusted the dirt off my cloak, So close, I though to myself. I picked up my ring that had flown off my hand and slipped it back onto my finger. I started running again, "Just a few more hours until I get you." I told myself as I ran, chasing the light.

Any notes about your characters: Seth is on a mission to find a cure so those who try to stop him might not be so lucky.

Last edited by Scarlet Shadow on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Er, blue hair? Please chose a natural hair color. If it looks silvery at night, maybe it should be white-blonde.

In most tales, Elves are simply exceedingly lithe, fair, and graceful creatures. The do not differ to any large degree from men otherwise. They do tend to be rangers and archers in many stories however. They are very in touch with the natural world around them, though, but more on a spiritual level than anything else.

You might want to go through the Sylvia information to see what Clan his belonged to. What were the Elves' reactions when his father fell in love with a human? Was he kicked out of the Clan, or was it accepted? Was his mother accepted into Clan life, or was she ostracized? If so, did his father give up life in the Clan to be with her or did he chose to stay?
And then Jason ought to have a warrior name, since he is over fourteen and his son likewise if he was raised in the Clan. {Warrior names are bestowed to Elves upon completion of their training/signify that they are now adults in the Elvin society. The name usually has represents them in some way and is used instead of their given name when being addressed thereafter as a symbol of status. Examples of names might be: Raven-Eyes, Cloud-Heat, Fleet-Foot, etc...}
Who invaded the realm? That seems a tad dramatic. Maybe he should have died in a raid led by another Clan for various reasons such as lack of resources or vengeance or something.

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:18 am

Edited
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 am

His mother needs a warrior name now that she too, is Elvin.
What Clan did he belong to?
What was the nature of the disease that took his father's life? {This is important because it will directly effect your character's life and actions.}
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:49 am

Edited.
The disease is in the second last sentence of "Backstory".
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Approved.

Happy Roleplaying!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First character! Yay!    First character! Yay!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First character! Yay!
Page 1 of 1