Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Merchant's Quarter

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:40 pm

At what the Elf said, Merthissa couldn't help it; he burst into laughter. Tears trickled out of the corners of his eyes as he all but sobbed with mirth. He leaned against the counter, raising one hand to cover his face, as if to quell the laughter bubbling up from somewhere inside of him. The upstart Elf. He spoke of Erin Wolf as if he was a hero, a legend, a gift from the gods. Apparently, the man's mania had sucked him into believing he was greater than he really was. Merthissa had defeated Wolf once and he was an "old man" according to the suspicious character who he had exchanged words with earlier. From the way the Elf carried on about him though, Wolf might as well have been some immortal kind of super-being. It was a joke, really. Wolf was just a man with the gift of fire. He wasn't anything to get excited about.

Adriele gave a startled hoot and fluttered off his wrist and onto the counter, studying him with enormous eyes. Was there something the matter with him? Her master tended not to laugh at all, no matter the situation or how much he had had to drink. Maybe there was something wrong with his head. They had just come back from Caligo... Maybe he was ill. She needn't have worried. Merthissa was fine.

"You sound like you've never seen him lose a fight," he croaked after about a minute of this.

The wizard pushed himself upright and grabbed his staff, folding his hands across the knob and resting his chin on top of his hands. A smirk was etched onto his worn and wrinkled face. His hood had fallen from his shoulders, throwing the details into more relief. At the same moment, there was a commotion from near Todd's end of things, and his head snapped around just in time to see Todd leaping to his feet as the door was forced violently open. The door wasn't usually locked, they could have just entered, but Todd looked horrified enough for Merthissa to guess that he'd had his reasons to try to keep people out for the rest of the night. But what were they? Merthissa didn't have a lot of time to think. Adriele gave a shriek and swooped into the air, landing on his shoulder. This seemed to be the cue chaos had been waiting for, and all hell broke loose.

Men's shouting voices filled the heavy air, and several lights were knocked out. The darkness thickened, and Prek snarled a curse behind him. His attention was diverted away from Loren when a wiry guard with unkempt dark brown and a matching beard pointed a sword at Prek's throat and began to shout at him. Merthissa couldn't hear the words, but he didn't need to. The scowl on Prek's face and the fury and fear on the guard's told him all that he needed to know. Something dodgy was up, and he was going to find out what it was even if it killed him. First things first, however.

"Leave him alone, would you?" the wizard snapped, sliding off his stool and grabbing his staff. He strode towards Prek and his tormentor, looking angry.

"Look here, old man-" the guard started. With that Merthissa got angry. He hated being called "old man" unless it Prek. His eyes saw the the tankard that a miserable-looking drunkard was just raising to his lips, and in the next moment he acted. The wizard was never able to explain how telekinesis worked, only that it just did somehow; however the mechanics of the piece of magic worked, what happened was simple and effective. At the same moment that Merthissa locked eyes with the other man's tankard, his mind forced open a pathway to the inanimate object. The shift of balance gave him the control he needed, and the tankard flew out of the drunk's grip and hurled itself against the face of the guard. Merthissa didn't have to tell Prek what to do after that; he could take care of himself.

Merthissa made his way around towards the door, eyes darting around and keeping to the shadows. Adriele's talons were clamped down hard into his shoulder, and he was trying not to think too much about the pain her sharp talons were causing him. His eyes found the man with the short black hair. As he watched, he saw him get so hurriedly off his stool that he knocked it over. Without a backward glance, he tried to bolt. After only a few steps, he was intercepted by a guard with a sword in his right hand.  the unfortunate guard was knocked to the ground with one swing of the man's axe, making Merthissa wince slightly. That blow had to have hurt. While he didn't envy the headache he would have upon awaking, the guard would live. Moving as fast as he was able, he followed the man to the door. Despite the fact that it would be interesting to talk to him, he wanted to get out of the tavern a lot more at the moment.

Last edited by Lupa on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Loren and his elves rose swiftly. Two possible informanta were about to escape. That was unacceptable. "Firthmore, retrieve the human. I want him alive and relatively unharmed. Meet us at the camp from two days ago."

"Yes Sir." Short and concise, Dareyll Firthmore was a master assassin and an elf of few words. He slipped out of the bar noiselessly and unnoticed.

"Squad! We will retrieve with the human with the owl. Move out. Rydge, upfront with me. Vinderstaff, on the left, and Ryder, you take the right. Eric, take point and hunt down the human..."

And then Julienne Fontsworth strode up to them. "Captain? Shall i bring up the rear?" Loren nodded once.

The Elves began to move through the mess of men and stools in the bar, their fierce countenance and their movement in formation seemed to be enough to frighten most people out of the way. In moments they too exited the bar and searched for Merthissa.

Firthmore looked about, his dark cloak was enchanted to help him blend into surroundings, taking whatever form he pleased. From armor to tree bark, his cloak did a fine job of hiding the elf. Silent and deadly, he crept along walls and slipped around corners. Soon he caught sight of Ro'car and a dark smile spread across the assassin's cowled face.
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 am

Ro'car hurried down the mostly abandoned streets of Tharlacolf, as the sun grew dim and the shadows long. Cloth rustled on the wind far behind him. Ro'car whipped himself around, but saw only an empty alleyway of wood, mud, and stone. He turned around and contined on his path away from the inn, his boots creating echoes in the narrow passage.

It's a shame my time with the elves and the wizard was cut short. If nothing else, they could have provided an interesting conversation. Now, it seems that I am in need of an even filthier hole to stay for the night.

Multitudes of footsteps resounded ahead. Ro'car slid along the wall until he reached the corner, and did his best to eavesdrop without being seen. He heard snatches of the conversation.

"...think this outlaw the Duke is having us search for could sort out all these mercenaries?" one voice asked.

"The Duke always has an eye for the right man for the job, and they haven't said anything, no matter how much we've threatened. What we need is..." another one replied, but eventually had moved too far away from Rocar's position for any more to be heard.

Well, I suppose if you want to dispose of a mercenary, you find a mercenary to do it.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Dareyll Firthmore was several yards behind Ro'car and was considering the best way to retrieve his quarry. The human can fight. The action presenting the least risk to myself is... The assassin drew a tiny blowgun and loaded a dart into it. This should do the trick... Firthmore fired the dart and slipped away into the shadows waiting to see if the dart did it's job. The barb had been dipped in a concentrated sedative. It had been derived from a rare mountain lily and had the capacity to knock out creatures several times the size of a human for three hours or so, and it needed only touch skin to be absorbed. This dose worked slower if it had to be absorbed through the skin, and worked fastest if the dart penetrated skin. Now it was a waiting game.

OOC: take it where you will Wrath. Maybe it hits, maybe it dosen't...maybe it grazes, or hits its mark dead on...
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 am

Merthissa did not hang around when he made it out back into the sunlight. Of course, he could always become transparent or transfigure himself, but he was curious now. When the guards burst in to hunt down the man with the short black hair, the Hunters had immediately seemed to have joined their side. This meant naturally that he and the strange man were now in danger because the Hunters would be after both of them. The stranger because the guards seemed to go straight for him, and Merthissa because he had been in the wrong place at the wrong time and all but told the Hunters that he and Wolf had been anything but friends. They would want both their blood and whatever more information they had to give.

Adriele took off as soon as the door slammed shut behind them. She understood that she was a giveaway when it came to identifying Merthissa, and it was best if they separated for the time being. The small owl flew straight west, towards the sun. There was a big tree near the outskirts of the town where she an Merthissa would usually meet up in emergencies. The orders were always the same: Go to the big tree and wait for me there. I will come for you. If I don't come and you don't hear from me in one day's time, assume the worst and take to the skies. The wind will speed you home. So it was that the old screech owl flew to their meeting spot for the last time.

The aged wizard set off at a quick pace, but not running just yet. He didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention to himself just yet. As the shadow's lengthened, the number of people on the streets grew fewer, but those who hung around he would not want to cross. They were young fools, many of them, out for a little fun in the moonlight. What he did not like to see was the number of mercenaries that lingered on the street corners, in the shadows, and a few even took to following him at one point. A quick shift rendered him transparent and he passed from their sight. By the time the few had realized that he had disappeared, the wizard was long gone. He was making his way towards the wealthier sector, hoping to find a friend of his at home. Ethelfleda might not be the nicest character, but she had a brain in her head and looks that usually turned the minds of most men away from whatever thoughts that might have previously been in their minds. He needed a distraction and a place to hide until he could come up with a plan. He had intended to ask Prek for news, but things had gone awry due to the blasted idiots that now seemed to running unchecked. Ethelfleda would know as much as anybody, and he needed information. Fast.

Walking faster, he turned a street corner and hurried along it, stopping briefly in front of a large square stone house. The pathway was lined with some kind of tall plant that he didn't recognize, but he wasn't interested in details now. He walked purposefully up to the door, rapping once on the door with the brass doorknocker, which was in the shape of a dragon. He stepped back slightly, but as soon as the door was pulled open and he saw her ice-blue eyes under dark blonde hair he stepped forward and made an urgent gesture towards the door. She nodded and stepped back, and he stepped in. Ethelfleda shut the door behind him with a snap.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded, following him as he proceeded to ignore her and move forward into the house and away from the door. "Do you have any idea what happened the last time you stopped here?" she went on, stopping behind him when he came to the hearth. "Aeduuin was furious with me when he discovered you had been here; such lies I had to tell!"

Merthissa waved a hand. "You lie to him all the time, and about things far worse than my presence here." He turned around to face the woman. "Out with it; what's going on here? What's happened since I left?"

Ethelfleda sighed and ran a hand anxiously through her long dark blonde hair. She was not tall, but neither was she very short. The long tunic she wore concealed anything that the eye might find appealing, but it was nevertheless clear by her face that she was very beautiful. That's why Aeduuin had married her, and that's why they were speaking to each other today. Ethelfleda knew how to handle herself and how to manipulate people with her body, and he needed a distraction in case the Hunters came banging down the door. Old as he was, he could have cared less about how she looked but he was hoping that the men in the organization would be obliged to care. Not only that, but he doubted that he would be looked for here. The people that lived in this part of town were as close to polar opposite with him as they could possibly be. They did not mix, rather like water and oil.

"I honestly don't know," she said after a minute. "Countless mercenaries have gathered around the city, and many are getting worried. They're very crude, and they seem to be looking for something, or someone. Several people have been killed recently, and not just the two this afternoon. No one really knows what's going on; they're a secretive bunch."

The wizard groaned. He had suspected as much already, but some of what she had said had indeed been useful. The only thing left for him to do now was get away to a safe location as fast as possible. "Right," Merthissa said with a curt nod. "You know any places within easy distance one could hide?"
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Loren and his warriors marched forward searching for Merthissa. They searched left, right, and all around...but there was nothing, until the sounds of voices flitted up, but who the voices belonged to was yet to be determined.

They had reached a lane with a large stone building and a strangely tall plant. Loren ordered his soldiers to hide on either side of the house. He and Julienne approached the door and the captian rapped his gloved fist thrice on the sturdy door, his senses on high alert for any sort of threat.

"Hello? Anyone there?" Loren's voice was gentle, but strong.

"Dear, maybe know one's home? Did you think of that? Or maybe they're just sleeping." Julienne played her part perfectly.

Loren sighed, "And i was so looking forward to meeting our neighbors..." he began to turn away, hoping that whoever was inside would open the door.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

"Hello? Anyone there?" A deep voice could be heard calling in to the pair inside, accompanied by a strong knock. A woman's voice joined his a second later, and the man answered her. Both voices and their words were clear and distinct, despite the thickness of the door and its tendency to muffle most sound. They must want them to hear their exchange and come out. Merthissa recognized them too; they were two of the Hunters from the tavern.

Ethelfleda gave a tiny squeak when the knock sounded on the sturdy oak door, small hands flying to her mouth. She looked at Merthissa with big blue eyes, and he could read the silently question in her eyes. She was asking him what she was supposed to do.

Merthissa shrugged at her. He didn't care in the end what she did. He had enough power to protect himself from whatever Life threw at him, and if the Hunters wanted to take a swipe at him they would learn quickly that they had lit the wrong fire. Where are the kids? he thought at her instead of answering directly.

She stamped her foot angrily, needing an answer. Nevertheless, she answered him in the fashion she had learned from him. Working. Brenner was apprenticed while you were gone... So we're alone. Ethelfleda glared at him. Demanding an answer with her eyes. Instinct told her to leave it, but her more personable self who had to present a certain kind of face to the public screamed at her to open it.

The wizard nodded. That made sense. So that meant that they were alone, as Ethelfleda would likely have given her the day off. Aeduuin was likely on another business trip, which explained why Ethelfleda answered the door directly instead of a servant. She hated having to rely on anyone else. While Aeduuin's frequent trips and the seemingly endless time apart bothered her, because she happened to care about him as he seemed not to notice, they had nevertheless increased her self confidence and made her into a very capable person on her own. He had first known Aeduuin when he was just a boy of around twelve summers, and it had been clear even then that he would never be content to stay put anywhere... But this was Ethelfleda's home, and when he married her six years later he had been forced to resign himself to the fact that if he was to live up to his dreams he would have to leave her along most of the time. On her own, his young wife had been left to her own devices and had fallen in quickly with the wrong sort. Hurt and lovesick, she was easily expendable and it had been easy to turn her aside from the ideals of her youth. Her mind was sharp now, and she was vastly changed. The child though, was still there, underneath. Long buried, but he sometimes saw flashes of her when the woman thought she wasn't being watched.

Open it, Merthissa thought to her after a second. I'll transform. They won't recognize me.

Ethelfleda nodded, face arranged carefully into a mask of pleasant surprise. She turned swifly and opened the door just a crack. "Hello." He heard her pleasant voice addressing the two soldiers outside. There was a smile in her voice, and he could tell she was turning on the charm. "Can I be of assistance?"

Merthissa took a few steps back into the shadows. A moment later, he was shooting towards the ground, clothes being absorbed into his skin and thick fur shooting out of his skin all over his body. Limbs shrank and his eyes moved to opposite sides of his head, becoming large and clear-sighted. He flicked a sleek black tail, and the elegant black cat stalked forward to the crack in the door. With enormous green eyes, he surveyed the Elves from a very different perspective than he had previously. They were much taller now, for one thing...

ooc: Merthissa's staff is in the shadowy corner where he transformed, leaning against the wall. It is unlikely to be noticed at a first glance as it blends into the shadows and is dark itself, but after a few careful looks around a sharp eye might notice it.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Ro'car felt something sharp prick his neck, like an old, weak hornet with no venom left in its stinger. He instinctively reached his hand backward to swat away whatever had stung him, but instead felt a strange mixture of feathers and twine. He carefully removed the object and held it out in front of himself. But, his eyes refused to focus on the dart in his hand. His eyelids felt heavy. He staggered forward, bracing an arm against the wall. His boots scuffed on the street, and Ro'car thought he heard voices down the road that the guards had just went.

Before he slipped into unconsciousness, he managed a single thought. Damn...

One of the guards that Ro'car had been spying on heard the sound of a boot on the cobblestones. He turned to his partner, who nodded silently and drew his weapon. The two had patrolled the neighborhood long enough to know that around every corner could be a thief ready to cut your throat for the clothes on your back. The crept towards the sound of the noise, and heard a body fall to the ground. Just when they thought they would find another mugging victim, they turned the corner and found Ro'car.

One guard tilted his head inquisitively, and the other stroked his salt-and-pepper beard. The former asked, "Is that...the mercenary?"

The other replied, "Looks like it. I knew we'd find him eventually, but I didn't expect the goddess to just drop 'em out of the sky for us to find."

After some discussion involving who owed who money for ale, the bearded guard eventually convinced his younger partner to carry the fugitive. Just like that, Ro'car was slung over a shoulder, en route to the palace of the Duke of Tharlacolf.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am

Firthmore dropped from the roof, in front of the startled guards, his cowled face hidden from sight. "Mine." He pointed to Ro'car's limp body, his voice a guttural growl, "You can have him back when I am through."Your Duke does not need this man as much as I do." The hooded figure looked from the bearded guard to his partner. "The Duke can deal with us," He referred in a roundabout fashion to the other Hunters, "When we are through with the mercenary, so," the Elf assassin stepped forward, his hands hidden in the folds of his clothing, "What will it be, boys? Shall I take that baggage off your hands? Or will I have to take it?"

Lore smiled graciously, "Greetings! My name is Ducard, and this,' he pulled Juliene towards him gently, "Is Lien, my sister. We've heard about this house, and, well," He gave "Lien" a pleading look.

Julienne flashed a dazzling smile back to Ethelfleda, "Well, what my brother is trying to say is that I dragged him all out here because I wanted to see how you set up your home. I've heard lots about the unique style and oh, it'd be just splendid if you could give us some pointers on house decorating..." he pointed over her shoulder to an indistinct location down the street. "I moved in down there, but i haven't a clue how to make up a home. Could you?" She paused and looked back to her "brother.

"Could you help us?" Loren finished for her.

"Lien" shivered, "Ooh, this breeze is giving me the chills, and simply can't get ill. I have a jubilee feast to make in a week. Everyone would be SO disappointed if i couldn't cook my roast beast dish and the pudding pie...Little Johnny would be crushed. He had it last year and fell in love with my cooking, the adorable lad, but he's only four...he wouldn't understand if the feast was cancelled on account of my health...I don't want to impose on you, but...do you mind if we step in out of the wind?" Julienne gave an apologetic smile.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Both of the guards were paralyzed with confusion and fear. They had seen thieves jump out from alleys and dark corners a dozen times a day, but neither had been unfortunate enough to be confronted by a trained soldier leaping down from above.

The younger one turned to his partner and asked, "Sarge?"

The aged man brandished his iron cudgel, but took a defensive step backward. He tried to order his comrade to lower the fugitive and stand his ground, but before he could turn and speak the other guard had dropped Ro'car like a sack of potatoes and broke off running.

"Hmm...kids...." the grizzled man huffed in disgust. He returned to face Firthmore. He declared, "This man is under my custody! Unless you have credentials, he's gonna stay that way."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:56 pm

@Wolf:

There was no reason for the older woman to refuse. With every appearance of reluctance, she stepped back from the door and bowed her head to allow the strangers entrance. The black cat that was the wizard sauntered out of the shadows and rubbed itself against Ethelfleda shins. It turned luminous green eyes up to the Elves, purring loudly.

"Dear me, excuse Satis," Ethelfeda commented, stooping quickly to scoop up the cat.  "He loves people." With eyes like chips of ice, she shut the door firmly behind the two strangers, already scanning them for detail. The rough clothes they wore did not match the status to which they claimed to belong to, but no matter. She had a part to play. she took two steps back, turned, deposited the cat on a chair where it promptly began licking its paws, and pivoted to face Ducard and Lien.

"Aeduuin is away on business," she said slowly, tentatively, lifting a hand to push a strand of dark blonde hair away from her eyes as she stared from one to the other. Play the weak wife, old girl, she told herself sternly. Become the girl you used to be. Bold words and defiant eyes will only get you killed. It was clear to her that they were not here for the decorum, as clear as it had been to Merthissa. "But I am afraid you cannot stay long... The boys will be back before sun-fall." She clasped her hands meekly, awaiting instruction. If the worst came to the worst, Merthissa would show himself. She wasn't alone, after all. Her eyes darted to the staff for the briefest of moments before alighting once more on the strangers. It would have taken a very sharp eye to notice the glance, the quick shift from servitude to fear.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 am

The Elven warrior frowned and took a step forward, a low, quiet voice found it's way out of his chest. "As you wish, sir." Firthmore made a show of searching some papers as he sauntered forward slowly.

As he came close he looked up with a surprised smile, "Found it! It's right...." he drew his hand out of his cloak and threw a quick punch aimed at the guard's diaphragm.

~~~

Ducard nodded respectfully as he ushered his sister, Lien, into the foyer of the home. "Sister, why don't you ask the lady about the decorating now? I see she's got splendid taste." The Elven commander gestured at some furniture vaguely.

Lien nodded curtly, her hair bobbing with her head. "I don't think I caught your name, miss...But I love the way you did this room...Do you mind showing me around? I hope it's alright if my Brother, Ducard, stays and sits down here while we walk." She smiled shyly, as any woman would when she felt as though she were imposing on a stranger, which she was. "He's got a terrible eye for decor and can be quite the clumsy fellow, on occasion. I'd hate for him to accidentally break anything."

Ducard chuckled and rolled his eyes at his companion, "Lien, dear sister, you have the most subtle of ways when it comes to poking fun at your elders." The warrior turned and gazed over at their hostess and continued, "She is right though. I have a bit of a clumsy streak in me. They say it's from our Father's side though! I'm not sure he had much affinity for balance either." He took a seat, casually, and shooed his sister and their host, "Go, Lien! Do what you have to. To be frank, I had hoped to have been back with my mates at the tavern an hour ago. I only agreed to this because you told me it would be quick!"

His "sister" only smirked and turned her back to him as she pointed off to a part of the house, away from the entry way of the home, "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Ethelfleda took a step back, turned to lead them, and stopped. She was more terrified than she had ever been in her life. All the hair on the back of her neck stood on end as her spine prickled ominously. Near her ankles, Merthissa waved his cat's tail anxiously and arched his back, sensing her fear. The woman had never let him down before, but he felt it too. The change in status quo was barely imperceptible, but it hung in the air like the stench of rotting meat. The wizard was too far away from his staff; the two siblings blocked his way. While he could still use magic without it, the effects would be more draining. Raw power needed a channel, human hands were slowly losing their ability to control ancient power on their own.

"This is the library," Ethelfleda said, voice quavering slightly.

How fitting; the old wizard had always loved books. Books contained words, information, knowledge. Knowledge was power. Greed for that power would be his ultimate demise. Merthissa had never loved anything or anyone so much as he loved power. It was the one thing he knew how to control, the thing that had saved him when he was so far gone that he had all but given up hope. In the end though, he had. What was the point of such frivolous things as hope? It was better to rely only on yourself to have only yourself to blame and to thank.

It was then that the old wizard did the only noble thing that he had done since he had rescued that baby screech owl all those years ago. As Ethelfleda turned around to face Ducard and Lien, the cat rose to its hind legs. And it kept rising. Merthissa's transformation was swift, and his words were few. "Have mercy and spare her."

ooc: Feel free to kill 'em both. :)Merthissa for his crimes and Ethelfeda for providing asylum for the wicked. At least kill Merthissa.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Loren Strykar rose with cat like grace, a long knife sliding from the folds of his clothing and into his hand. "What in the...?"

It was then that the old wizard did the only noble thing that he had done since he had rescued that baby screech owl all those years ago. As Ethelfleda turned around to face Ducard and Lien, the cat rose to its hind legs. And it kept rising. Merthissa's transformation was swift, and his words were few. "Have mercy and spare her."

Julienne pushed Ethelfleda off to the side and away from the wizard. "Captain! Be careful!" The lieutenant moved quickly as soon as she noticed the staff sitting to one side and went to secure it and keep it away from the wizard. "I've got the staff!"

Captain Loren growled softly, "We don't want trouble...wizard. Just come with us. You know possess knowledge of matters we are involved with and require your assistance." He glanced to his second in command, as though silently asking her a question, to which she nodded in reply. Loren returned his gaze to Merthissa. "We are prepared to offer you a reward for assisting us in finding our quarry or, at the very least, in return for solid leads. What say you?" Loren eased back into a slightly less aggressive stance, to give the wizard some breathing room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant's Quarter   The Merchant's Quarter - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Merchant's Quarter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Sylvia :: Tharlacolf, The Human City-
Jump to: