Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue Mission

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
Rescue Mission  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am

Dante's eyes locked on to hers.
"Nice joke," he said softly, a light teasing tone in his voice. Hey lay his head on her shoulder, Dante wrinkled his nose as Hanna's hair tickled it. "You grew it out again. I like it long."
His arms snaked around her waist. His eyes slowly drifted closed and he was asleep. When he was sleeping he looked... like the dead, no heart beat, no breath. But there were traces of life, the occasional twitch of an finger or the flickering of eyes under bruised eyelids. If Hanna looked she would find he had very few scars left from his human life. The one on his palm was gone, from when a knife had gone though his hand. But one could see a scar on his collar bone from a stick that had sliced open that area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 am

Hanna exhaled slowly, resting her own head on top of Dante's. It wasn't until now that she noticed how his transformation had changed him. As her eyes traveled over his sleeping body, she took in the absence of old scars she knew, and the emergence of newer ones that had not yet faded. Later, she'd have to ask him the stories that went with the scars, but for now she was contented just to look. She brushed a strand of her hair out of her face, then replaced it around his waist. His body was cold, almost like ice, like a corpse. When she slipped her hand up to rest on over his heart, she felt no beat. Dead, but alive... Well, mostly dead was better than all dead.

The girl with purple eyes released a small sigh. In the long run, it didn't matter whether Dante was a vampire or pure human. It didn't matter; she still loved him. Inside, he hadn't changed. He was still the same man she had known six years ago, just adapted to better fit his situation... He was still Dante.

Hanna relaxed her hold on him and laid down, eyes facing the ceiling and Dante's head nestled against her neck and shoulder. She'd allow herself to sleep. In a few minutes, her eyes had flickered closed and she was sleeping peacefully next to him.

ooc: Lawl. I was totally unaware that I ended the character perspectives of my last two posts with puns until Dante reminded me. xD
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 pm

When he heard his name, Erin blinked, but not sure why. Something was familiar, something he knew...the history of his name...but he knew it not...Then, the lightning, and Lyra flinching back...the warrior reached out to hold her close, and then immediately pulled his hands back hoping she'd not noticed. Who was he to do that? What if she already had someone? Erin shook his head, unsure what to do...he wanted to console her..say something..anything...but he didn't know what to say, and pain filled his eyes.

"Lyra?" he began, "Are you...alright?" He mustered the courage to place a hand on her arm, hoping she'd not take too much offence. She responded with a rather poor pun that had a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Erin moved closer to her, getting a better look at the book. He opened the cover, the runes flaring with his touch, and flipped to the first page with an entry...

"It's dark and cold...winter it upon us, here in Endar, and my brothers are out helping to bring in the last of the food, before the freeze settles in and kills the crops...of course, we don't really farm that much...they're helping our neighbors...i'd be out there too...but i've caught some illness...i can barely breathe these days and i feel as though my blood has frozen, while my head feels like it'
s being roasted...Mother brought some soup, but i couldn't eat more than a spoonful...and i barely have strength to lift my pen anymore...i guess i should sleep now, eh? I'll write more later..."

The entry was dated to twenty-two years ago...and Erin flipped forward a few months, before reading again,

"It's the first sign of spring...a crocus is blooming out in Farmer Jay's fields...Father says it might be a good omen...that we will have a good growing season this year... Mother just smiled and looked out to the sunset and Ryan, my older brother, and Kiliyan, my eldest brother, are telling Father about their jobs... Ryan's still getting complimented for his new lamp oil...he made it in his bedroom one afternoon..it burns cooler, brighter, and longer than the standard lamp oils and now all of Endar uses it. The pompous oaf won't shut up about it either...And Mother and Father are SOOO proud of their middle son's accomplishments...after all, sons of the Lord and Lady of Endar should be just as lordly and brilliant, right? Guess that makes me the odd one out...i'm no genius...and i'd certainly not brag about it if i was...i'm too fed up to write more...g'night..."

Wolf sighed sadly as he read on,

"It's the start of school and i have no friends again...i was pushed around by Marcus before i managed to grab an old rake handle and beat him to a pulp...Father said he'd have "words" with me and my marital arts training...something like "Son, you can't use your talents like this...a the people mus TRUST a leader to wield his weapons in defense of their lives and livelihoods...NOT to gain retribution on those who wrong him...i think you will be doing some extra chores and I will have a talk with Daydrien, your martial art's master about your teachings..." I walked out before Father'd finished...i don't need him to tell me how to live my life... I don't need him to tell me what to do all the time...And then i met Dracus...

Dracus...he's taller than me...dark hair and his eyes are...different...sort of gray, with flecks of black around the edges... said he saw me fight...and...wanted me to join a "club" with him...A group that'd appreciate my talents...i told him i'd think about it..."

Erin's hand tightened on the old journal, and his palms began to sweat,

"Dracus and some "friends" of his found me today outside the stables, practicing with my sword...something about a "job" they wanted me to do for them...said i'd be "paid handsomely" and "wouldn't have to worry about being told what to do or how to do it..." I asked what it was...There's a man, you guards an old oak chest down the street from Trader John, and the teapot, well, it's been a part of the group for a long time, till this fellow took it from them...slipped into Dracus's house one night and stole it...They wanted me to go get it back...I agreed...

It wasn't hard. Daydrien taught me how to move like a shadow and slip around unnoticed. "If your enemy sees you not, then there is no need to fight. And, if you can slip past your enemy's soldiers unnoticed, then you can weak havoc from behind, allowing your forces to gain victory. A commander need only a few warriors practiced in stealth and deception to be able to bring his opponent to his knees." I was Daydrien's best student...

I got their chest, and dropped it in front of them. They thought i was some sort of savior...they'd spent months trying to "get it back" and he'd caught them every time...they opened it up...it was a coffer of gold coins...and inside the chest was a nameplate, "Property of Nathaniel and Trillian Franceworth"...Was this THEIR gold? had I just stolen from them?

I confronted Dracus and he grinned. "Welcome to the Shadow Thieves..." was all he said...I went home, confused and slightly concerned...but then, it HAD felt good to be appreciated for being the stealthiest...they told me if i ever wanted to have some fun..i could talk to Dracus..."

So the entries went on and on...him skipping school to join up with the Shadow Thieves...him stealing his father's howling wolf ring to gain favor with the gang's leader...his father finding out that Erin'd skipped school and asking him what he'd been doing instead of classes...and Erin screaming at his father saying that he knew he would never be good enough for his parents and that his father should have stopped having children at Ryan and left Erin to be nonexistent...The secret deal the gang leader made with the slavers...Erin telling his parents to go to the City Square for an announcement, but not sure why he was supposed to...The betrayal by the slavers, of course they betrayed a tiny street gang of kids...the Shadow Thieves were supposed to get everything in the house while the slavers took their pick of the the inhabitants of the city...The slaver's setting the homes on fire....Erin running home to find his parents...his father caught in the burning rubble of the house...Erin trying to lift a burning timber off his father's back...his father's last words "Keep the ring...yours now...always was proud of you...always proud of..." and the final breath Gerard Thalrun, Lord of Endar, passed, as Erin screamed for help. Dracus running by, ignoring Erin's cries for help...actually STEALING stuff from the rubble of the home, as the Lord of Endar burned...Erin sobbed, and a slaver came...Jerik Taldon...sword drawn to cut down the young Prince of Endar, when Kiliyan, the strongest and eldest of the three sons of Gerard and Marion Thalrun stepped in front of his youngest brother and told the slaver to get away...Kiliyan died as Jerik Taldon drove his sword through the eldest son of the ruling family of Endar...Erin shrieked and fell to his knees his hands trying to slow the pool of blood from his brother's body...crying for help, calling for anyone...but all that could be hear was the crackling of the fire, the laugh of slavers, and the screams of the people of Endar as some were killed, and others were captured...those horrid memories rushed back to him...the screams...the smells...the stinging of his eyes from all the smoke...he saw himself, again, reaching towards his father's hand...his father's last words...the ring he'd stolen...he was six...He'd watched his father burn and die in the rubble of their home...his brother was cut down trying to save his life and he'd had barely said a nice word to Kiliyan before that day...Erin's mother burned to death trying to protect the children from a nearby school that night, and his other brother, Ryan, was turned into a pincushion for crossbow bolts...Erin had brought Endar to its knees through selfishness and ignorance...

Erin shuddered uncontrollably...he was reliving all those moments...the pain...the fear..the loneliness of being an orphan, lost and hungry, wandering the dark places of Caligo. He saw himself crying in the dark of an dank cave...he remembered the joy of having his first and only pet...Shadow...who had been no more than a pup abandoned in the cave...Erin closed his eyes and tried to shut out the terror of the night he gained his powers...the night he'd felt his soul burn in fires hotter than hell as his blood burned like a soup set on the stove for much too long and his eyes glowed like flaming embers...He felt him self seize and claw the mud in front of the goddess's shrine...he screamed for his parents..for his brothers...for anyone to stop the pain...no one came... he screamed in pain until he collapsed in unconsciousness in the mud...alone and on fire...he was ten...

He saw the hurt in his eyes when everyone he met shunned him...his eyes had seemed to be gateways into death...his words harsh...his only companion was an abandoned dire wolf ...his only comfort was the sword he woken with when he received his powers...he trained day and night...his life consisted little more than scrounging food from the trash heaps behind inns before he was run out of town, and avoiding being a meal for vampires...he was twelve

He shook in anger as he saw a family murdered in cold blood and their child forced into slavery...he had personally dismembered the three slavers and left them to rot in the night...he spent the night screaming in shock at his own depravity...he was fourteen...

The warrior shivered and made to close the book..."Enough...I've had enough...no more...This book...it tells me i was and...AM...a bad person...I...must go now...I...I..." Erin stood, his eyes filled with tears, and walked out into the rain, taking his aura of heat with him, and headed towards the woods, and taking shelter under an old pine just outside the village, still in sight of Lyra, but too far to be heard or spoken too. In his disgust at himself, and his pain, he'd forgotten his journal.

An entire section neglected. Finding and carrying a little girl back home after she'd been lost in the woods for days...her parents crying in relief and trying to offer Erin whatever money and food they had...He'd slept with the family for the night and, the next morning, they'd awoken, amazed, at seeing all their money was still their. He'd left sometime in the wee hours of the morn, the dew still dripping from the leaves of the morning glory vines planted outside. All that was left of him was a note saying he was just glad to have been able to help...

The night he'd found an old beggar women, ill and cold on the streets...Erin had used his powers to keep her warm and payed a healer to feed and care for the beggar for several months, though he'd taken his leave within days of being sure the woman would survive.

There was a town under siege by slavers and Erin fought the slavers, one to a score, and slew them..all accept their leader...the sole survivor being a young, dark haired youth, whose parents had been killed before his eyes before the warrior could kill that particular slaver...the selfsame night, Erin had cried himself to sleep over his inability to save the town...his own weaknesses...his loneliness...the next morning, the fight with the Slavers' leader...none other than Jerik taldon...him slipping on a rock and the dark haired youth's thrown knife that killed Taldon and saved Erin...the boy's name was Justinian...and Erin practically adopted the child as his own...Erin had no family...Justinian had no parents...

Erin had met the king of some elves in Sylvia...a great war had been fought against a rouge elf... a sorcerer and exiled Elvin general...Erin had made and subsequently lost nearly all of his elven friends...The last two remaining were King Manteron and Loren Strykar...

Erin and Justinan had left quickly, trying to escape the memories of those they'd lost...

A note on how, whatever place Erin stayed, he'd fix up something, or leave a small bag of coins behind to repay the people who'd been kind enough to not drive him out like a leper...

Erin took the name Wolf, in memory of his Father's ring, which he constantly wore nowadays...and roamed from place to seeking some sort of redemption for his failure to save his home, his family, that town that was burned by Taldon, for having let so many people die around him, while HE, the failure of Endar, the greedy selfish brat of a son of Gerard Thalrun, continued to live...to Erin, it had felt that all he brought was death and destruction to those around him. He withdrew from normal niceties and grew more cold, more gruff, and less human as time went on. He gave up on friendship, love and family. They were lost to him and he'd not have anymore innocents die because of him...He'd also learned that the being known as the Shadow King had orchestrated the slavers' betrayal in Endar and had personally ordered that Erin and his family be selected to bring the city, which had bothered the dark king for some time, to its knees.

He'd spent the years simply trying to take care of the poor and protect the weak, living off money gained from tourneys and simple performances with blade and bow as he wandered hitherto searching for a way to redeem himself...and, a way to make Amkral Night-walker, the Shadow King, hurt like he did.

Erin Bartholomew Wolf was a broken man...more or less alone in the world, simply trying to "make it up" to his dead family and friends.

And now? He was sitting under a long leaf pine, the rain dripping on to his head, again and again, like some sort of torture, having missed the journal enteries recounting the good he'd done, and knowing only that he'd failed everyone he'd loved...Again...reliving nightmares and painful memories time and time again...like a nightmare that you can't wake up from...

Erin was tired. He didn't want this kind of life anymore. He didn't want to be the outcast forever, but he'd been cursed with a power and a mission to burn out evil wherever he found it...and it kept him alive to see all of those he cared about die...He felt awful...

"Over, I want it to be over...Why must it be so difficult? Why do they all have to be hurt? Why do they die and I live?" The warrior's spirit was breaking. He didn't know, didn't understand...and at this point, didn't care. He could die right there under the tree for all he, or anyone else in the blasted world, cared. Erin refused to get out of the rain or do anything at all anymore. He was done with doing things...him doing anything got people killed, and, in Lyra's case, hurt their feelings. He could not bear the great weight anymore and wanted nothing to do with this life...he just wanted to got to sleep and not have to face the possibility of losing more...to him his life was naught...but others...to have others lose their lives because of him? No. He could not bear that...no any more...if he could just pass into the dark...quietly...with no one to worry about him or anything of the sort, no big fanfare, no big battle...if he could just avoid bringing the same fate of death to Lyra, as he had to his family, he'd be fine with just dying there...He wanted peace...and if he could get that for himself and Lyra by leaving the world to other, better, people, then fine.

Erin closed his eyes and let a dreamless sleep take him.
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 am

Lyra tried not to listen to his words as he began to read aloud from his journal. It wasn't her place to hear anything of his past or know anything about him that he wouldn't reveal under normal circumstances. He had only told her previously that he had been the one to bring about the fall of Endar, but she had never dreamed that he might ever reveal what had really happened. Now, as he read entry by entry, she found herself unable to not listen.

It made sense, what had happened to him, she figured. While she didn't totally approve of some of his choices, she could understand why he had made them. In his position, she probably couldn't have done any better - likely worse. He had done what he had because he had grown up under the shadow of two older brothers who were, especially in his eyes, everything that he wanted and couldn't be. All he had seemed to want as a friend, for his parents to treat him just the same as they did his brothers. He fell in with the wrong crowd because it was the only place he had felt accepted... Not because he was a horrible person or anything. He just wanted to belong... It wasn't his fault that things happened the way that they did.

Abruptly, Erin stopped reading. To be completely correct, the break in the reading wasn't too sudden, as he had been speed reading for the past five minutes, lips moving so fast that she could barely decipher the words that he was pronouncing. There was a look of such anguish on his face, that her heart was moved to pity. He had been strong for so long... and relearning his past seemed to cut him to the core. She lifted a tentative hand and lightly touched his arm. "... Erin...?" she asked gently, concern highlighting her voice.

"Enough... I've had enough... no more... This book...it tells me I was and... AM... a bad person... I... must go now... I... I..." Erin stood, back to her, and walked towards a patch of trees grouped closely together at the edge of town.

Her eyesight was good, but when he sat down underneath one of the pines, she could only just see him as a smudge against the shadow. Shadow went with him, the rain soaking this thick gray coat until he too faded into the dark background. Feeling more than slightly troubled, she bowed her head, looking away from the pair of them. She wasn't jealous of Shadow, no, but she wished she could help him the way the wolf was able to. She looked to the place next to her where he had just been sitting and noticed that he had left his journal behind. She picked it up, very conscious of how cold it had become without him.

Lyra looked back to where she thought he was sitting with Shadow. She couldn't make out anything distinct, but she could guess that they were still there. The space surrounding the clump of trees was fairly open and exposed; if they tried to make a run for it she would be able to watch them go. The Elf fingered his worn cloak, eyes on where she assumed they were. She wanted to help him, but didn't know how. What was she to do? He'd walked away to be alone with Shadow... She should respect that. But at the same time, she couldn't just let him go like that. He was upset, hurting, hating himself... She couldn't just sit here.

Slowly, the Elf scooped up his journal and got to her feet. She felt a little unsteady after sitting for so long, but recovered after a few steps. A fork turned the darkness of the storm to near-blinding daylight, and hard on its heels came a booming clap of thunder. She shrieked and jumped back, covering her hands over her ears. Gosh, she was such a coward. Afraid of a little thunder... no wonder Erin used to pity her so before he lost his memories. She just hoped that he wouldn't continue to pity her; she didn't want pity.

Sticking to the wall of the building, she turned around and saw the cart that he'd placed his weapons on. She shook her head. No one would touch them, and even if they did, she doubted that they would be able to go far before their defenses kicked in. Lyra walked forward a few feet, and then came to a stop, rain dripping off the roof to collect in a puddle at her feet. With a shiver, she drew his cloak tightly around her shoulders and walked forward into the downpour. Her long, thin hair clung to her face, making it hard to see, and she brushed it aside. Stepping carefully between the growing puddles, she made her slow way to where Erin and Shadow sat, underneath the tallest of the pines. The warrior's eyes were closed in sleep, his head lolling forward on his chest. Under other conditions, she might have laughed, but not now.

"Hey, Shadow," Lyra said quietly to the wolf by his side, moving slowly forward. "You two doing alright?" She didn't feel that she needed to speak Shadow with mind-speak while Erin was asleep, though she probably would in his waking hours. Shadow and he belonged together, and there was the chance he might turn possessive if he found out that he wasn't the only one.

The Elf girl bent down in front of the wolf and stroked his head fondly, a sad little smile on her face. "You both have it rough, don't you?" she asked quietly. "I'm sorry I got you two into the current mess," she added after a moment. "I never should have left you guys last month... That wasn't right." She looked into Shadow's stormy eyes. "Can you forgive me?"

She removed Erin's cloak from around her shoulders and wrapped around him snugly, like a blanket. With it off, it was almost twice as cold out in the storm, and she sat between man and wolf in an attempt to warm up. Goodness, she thought tiredly. We're both going to catch colds if we stay out here much longer. She didn't like it, but the Elf made the choice to draw on some of her powers, but only because she didn't have another option. It wasn't like she was strong enough or dumb enough to try to carry him inside. Closing her eyes, she concentrated, diverting some of her energy from flowing into the amulet into its true manifestation. A dim aura flickered around her outline, barely detectable with the eye unless you looked at it sideways, but it radiated warmth and heat. Careful not to disturb him, she leaned slightly into Erin's side.

"See," Lyra said, closing her eyes momentarily before opening them again to speak to the wolf. "Alrog raised me after Dad died when I was a babe; I don't have any memories of him or Mother. Dad entrusted me with Alrog, and since he lived his life as a traveling bard we never stayed anywhere long. It was a part of his way of life," she said. "He seemed to have been everywhere and knew everyone, but I never put down any roots or made lasting friendships with anyone... We always had to leave and I'd end up hurting them because they'd want me to stay." Her eyes unfocused, she seemed to be staring into the treetops as she continued. "We were separated when I was still a child; there was an accident, you see... I just... lost control. I haven't seen him since. He might be dead; I don't know." She paused and swallowed hard before continuing. Erin was asleep, right? It was safe, at least, to talk to Shadow. She trusted him... She had to get it off her chest. In the light of hearing Erin's story, her own was begging for release. "Ever since I can remember," she began again. "I had this," and here she pulled out the salamander amulet to show Shadow before tucking it quickly away. "For some reason, I never really noticed being tailed while I was with Alrog, but as soon as I left him behind I started having these... encounters... I couldn't figure out why, but they wanted the amulet; they still do. It's one of the oldest amulets crafted, and has more energy stored in it than is wise at any one time... But fr some reason, it's still stable. With the amount of energy stored away, both from myself and those who have gone before, there's probably enough to tip the scales in the constant fight against the Shadow." Lyra rubbed her face with her hands. "That's why I couldn't stay. That man at the inn that broke in was there for the amulet. I put you all in danger, and I panicked and fled." Dropping her hands, Lyra closed her eyes momentarily. "I've spent what feels like all my life in constant life from an enemy I cannot name. I don't know what the enemy looks like. All I can do is try to keep on the move and stay one step ahead, or sink into the background... but that's taking an awful risk... You risk building ties, making friends... and then winding up responsible for their deaths when your hunters come around looking for you." She opened her eyes again, and this time looked straight at Shadow. "I've never really had close ties with anyone before I met you two and Dante... And-" Her voice caught in her throat an she tried again. "I think... I think I'm falling for Erin, and that terrifies me. I don't want to watch either of you die... But at the same time I want to be with him because I want to make him smile and laugh the way he used to... I want to help him see that he's not alone in his fight..." She stroked Shadow's silky ears. "Oh Shadow," she said softly. "What am I to do?"

ooc: Moment of evil. What if Lyra's approach had wakened Erin, but he pretended to be asleep, because of his Erin reasons, and heard all of that? O.o
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Some time had obviously passed before Dante opened his eyes. Dante and Hanna and shifted their position in their sleep. Her head on his chest and her skin was pale with cold. Almost immediately Dante felt guilty... It was quiet easy to forget sometimes... He gently dislodged her and got up. He wandered over to the window and saw the massive carcass of the WereCat. It was even nastier looking in the light. The towns people were still trying to dislodge it with oxen and horses. Dante felt his hands start to tremble again but he gripped the window edge until they stilled. That is the moment Dante could smell the stench of his tunic. His nose crinkled, Mortals couldn't smell as well and most would consider the smell clean. Curse who ever decided Vampires should have sensitive noses. He moved away and opened his saddle bags. Pulling out a clean tunic he pulled the other one off. His white back was flawless and clear of any scars except of one that looked like a stab wound right below one of his shoulders. Muscle was clearly visible beneath his skin. Slowly as if thinking he pulled the tunic over his head.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Erin opened his eyes slowly, noticing Lyra was wedged between himself and his wolf. "We forgive you...Lyra." Erin's dark eyes settled on her face, his hand moved to rest on hers. "And you are not alone either..." If she had been startled by his sudden speech, he would not have been surprised, "I heard someone walking towards me and woke just enough to make sure i was not caught off guard. Then you started talking..i hope you don't mind me having heard your...history? Past? I didn't mean to be rude..." Erin smiled softly. "We ate at an Inn and i made a squirrel out of fire...you came to rescue me from slavers...and...you helped me when i was poisoned, right? Lyra...Lyra Clear-Waters...Elf...I...I know you..." Erin blinked, struggling as though he were on the verge of something greatly important. "

Lyra?" He sat back from her as though taking in the sight of the drenched elf maid for the first time."By the goddess, you must be cold! Here," He yanked of his cloak and placed back on her, "You need this more than I, I think." Erin rose cautiously from his seat under the tree. "Hang on, I'll make us a fire. I don't want us catching a chill out here. Goodness knows, that's the last thing you need after the mess you've had to deal with, messes like me," He gave her sidelong look and then moved off towards the woods to gather some material for a fire. Shadow panted and wrapped around Lyra, his thick fur shedding water and the diamond-like beads dribbled down and pooled around his ivory claws.

A few minutes later Erin returned with a handful of wood and pine needles. He set a log down and leaned two other logs against either side, making it almost a little valley of wood. The warrior placed some dry pine straw and dead leaves on the center log and spread pencil sized twigs across the gap above the needles. "There, that looks about right." Wolf gave a nod of affirmation at his own handiwork. He then leaned forward and touched the ends of the pine straw with his index finger and they ignited, tiny flames leaping from the tip of his finger to the dry tinder, the flames clawing hungrily at the bone dry needles and leaves, crackling almost eagerly. They spread faster and faster and soon the twigs over top of the needles were alight and burning nicely. Erin smiled at the tiny fire and built a little teepee of twigs and logs around it, watching as the flames licked the wood and began to consume the logs readily. They had fire.

With the fire kindled and growing, Erin Wolf strode back to where Lyra sat and wrapped his arms around her. His only words were, "Thank you," and he sat and held her close to him. "You made an effort to stand by me, even when I'd lost my mind. The least i can do is honor your commitment and try to mirror it as best i can." He let his warmth flow into her, the heat of the nearby fire causing curls of steam to rise from Shadow's scraggly grey fur.

"Now now Shadow, what did i tell you about smoking?" The warrior grinned as the wolf glanced his way, wintry eyes showering Lyra with a look that all but screamed, "great, now he's a comedian too," which could only be followed by a another lame joke delivered by Erin, "I guess you're just one hot dog, eh?" The warrior laughed softly, glad that his memory was slowly trickling back. He couldn't recall everything, but what he did know was that Lyra was still alive, safe and...she'd not left him even after he'd lost his mind and lashed out at her.

"You still cold Lyra? Should i throw on more logs?" Erin looked down at the girl in his arms, "You don't seem to be shivering as much anymore. That's a good sign. I'd feel terrible if you'd gotten sick because you followed me out into this rain." Erin's soft and comforting smile seemed to light up his face, and for a moment, the years of weariness slid away and peace showed through on his roughened features. His hand reached up and gently combed some of the knots from her hair. "Gracious me, what've you done to your hair Lyra?" He gave her a mock frown, "I lose my mind for just a little while and when I come to, i find you in the rain and your hair an absolute mess." His dark eyes were hidden behind the curtain of his hair for a moment as he readied his next few words, "I'd always enjoyed a good adventure..." he met her eyes, "It seems that, the longer i stay with you, the more adventures i have...maybe it is that you are the best adventure yet? I might just have to stay with you so i can find out how this adventure ends..." He looked away again. Smooth, you idiot...that's why you're the Prince of Endar...not the Prince of Words... Erin mentally kicked himself.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am

Hanna awoke because Dante was missing. The first thing she really was aware of was sound, and her ears told her that the pounding rain had lessened slightly outside, but only just. The cot felt hard and old beneath her, but better than sleeping on the ground. Maybe the coldness had come from Dante, but she didn't mind it so much if that was the case. What was a little cold if Dante was beside her? That's right; nothing. Slowly, the girl opened her eyes and sat up. Her eyes were heavy, and she rubbed them to clear them of the last traces of sleep. She shook her head to neaten her tousled hair and turned her head to look for Dante.

When she saw him, her first reaction was relief that he was still there; overwhelming relief that made her thankful that she was not standing. What she noticed next, however, was his trembling hands. With a frown of concern, she swung her legs over the side of the cot and stood, silent as a shadow. Before she could say or do anything however, he grasped the windowsill, the strength of his grip turning his knuckles white. He was staring out with window with an intent, thoughtful stare. His hands had stopped shaking now, and they moved to grasp his tunic.

Dante was still unaware of her wakefulness, and she averted her eyes while he changed. After a minute though, she lifted her head again. She was almost too soon, as she caught a flash of his perfect, unmarred back right before the fabric covered it up.

Why did you lose all of your old scars, only to gain new ones? Hanna thought. What is left of your past to mark you as Dante beside my knowledge of you? Even his hair was different and strange; silver hair fell around his ears, waving slightly with a draft that was blowing through the inn.

Without a word, Hanna walked towards Dante, silent as a mouse, and wrapped her arms around him from behind. Chin on his shoulder, she turned her head slightly to kiss him on the neck. "Hey," she murmured softly. "Sleep well?"

Lyra almost panicked when Erin opened his eyes and announced that she was forgiven. Her head snapped around to look at him, eyes widening as her heart suddenly beat out of control. This couldn't be happening... Could it? Her panicked mind fought to formulate words, something, anything, to say.

Oh my gosh, he didn't just hear all of that, did he? He was supposed to be asleep! Lyra, you idiot, you should have checked before you went on a rant to Shadow; do you have any idea how stupid that was? Oh Great Mother of All Life, close his ears to my thoughtless words, she thought desperately, still unable to speak.

All in all, it might have been a good thing that she had held her peace, for if she had spoken, the warrior might not have suddenly looked at her with new eyes... as if seeing her for the first time all over again. This time however, it was good, for recognition flared in those brown eyes. And, all of a sudden, she didn't mind so much that he had just heard all which had come spilling out of her mouth. After a few moments, she even began to smile. He was funny when he cared. Shadow wrapped himself around her as Erin strode around, apparently looking for wood. The benefit of being a Fire Legacy like he was that it didn't matter if it was raining or snowing; your abilities worked all the same.

When he returned, he was indeed carrying a handful of wood and pine needles. She watched as he set the logs up, and placed the dead pine needles he had collected as well as some dead leaves on the center log. He muttered and nodded to himself when he finished, causing her to grin slightly as he leaned forward and touched the ends of the pine straw with one index finger. Immediately, the wet needles began to smoke, but as soon as the water was exhausted from them they caught light, and golden flames leaped up around the wood. It was not long before the fire was greedily at the logs, consuming it readily. Erin smiled happily at the fire as it burned, then strode back to where she and Shadow sat watching.

To Lyra's surprise, but not to her displeasure, he sat next to her and wrapped his arms around her.
His only words were, "Thank you," and he sat and held her close to him.

The Elf made a small noise of surprise when he held her close, but she made no move to pull away. Instead, she did just the opposite, wriggling closer to the warrior and slipping a slender arm around his waist. She didn't know what was going on or why, but if any moment could last forever she would have chosen this one. "There's nothing to thank me for," she said quietly. "I only did what any other good person would do."

But Erin wasn't finished. "You made an effort to stand by me, even when I'd lost my mind. The least I can do is honor your commitment and try to mirror it as best I can." He let his warmth flow into her, the heat of the nearby fire causing curls of steam to rise from Shadow's scraggly grey fur.

He made a couple of jokes and she laughed when he teased her about the mess her hair was in, the mood becoming a little less tense as Shadow looked at her as if suggesting that this time his master really had lost his mind. Then Erin said something that seemed to bring everything around her to a crashing halt.

His dark eyes were hidden behind the curtain of his hair for a moment as he readied his next few words, "I'd always enjoyed a good adventure..." He met her eyes, "It seems that, the longer I stay with you, the more adventures I have... maybe it is that you are the best adventure yet? I might just have to stay with you so I can find out how this adventure ends..."

She met his gaze, expression disbelieving. Then, her face split into a smile and she hugged him tightly. "Please," was her only answer when she forced herself to draw away from him, biting her inner lip too keep herself from smiling too hard. Oh Goddess, yes, she thought. Please, Erin. Stay. Don't leave me.

Last edited by Wolf on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Color fail)
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 am

His dark eyes were hidden behind the curtain of his hair for a moment as he readied his next few words, "I'd always enjoyed a good adventure..." He met her eyes, "It seems that, the longer I stay with you, the more adventures I have... maybe it is that you are the best adventure yet? I might just have to stay with you so I can find out how this adventure ends..."

She met his gaze, expression disbelieving. Then, her face split into a smile and she hugged him tightly. "Please," was her only answer when she forced herself to draw away from him, biting her inner lip too keep herself from smiling too hard. Oh Goddess, yes, she thought. Please, Erin. Stay. Don't leave me.

The warrior glanced at her, surprised by her smile, nodded in reply, "As you wish." Erin held her close as the rain hammered the earth, leaving miniature craters in the muddy road and the lightning raced across the sky and the thunder crashed after it, and with each repetition, every flash, Erin hugged her tightly, shielding her from the loud noise. Then, something occurred to him.
"You know, you'd think i'd have figured this one out by now, but...looks where we are," He pointed above their heads, "This is the tallest object for miles around...and we're right under it...if anyplace were a target for lightning to strike, well, this'd be it." Erin rose slowly to his feet, steadying himself against the large pine, and then offered Lyra his hand, "Care to accompany me back to the Inn? We can gather our stuff, change out of these clothes, and perhaps have a meal? Or," her grinned, indicating he was no longer serious, "You can keep the pine company. I'm sure it'd enjoy your company too, though not as much as I."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Dante heard movement behind him as he pulled the clean tunic over his head. Hanna is awake.... He felt her wrap her arms around his chest. She placed her chin on his shoulder and kissed the side of his neck. Goose flesh erupted were her lips had brushed.
"Hey," she murmured softly. "Sleep well?"
"Hey yourself," he responded gently. Tickling her arms lightly with the tips of his fingers. "Yes. I slept well."
He turned his head so it was inches from hers, "Like the dead."
He grinned like a boy waiting to cause a little trouble. The over all effect gave him a crooked smile.
He kissed her lightly on her nose.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Lyra reached up and took Erin's hand, suddenly cold without his warm body pressed against her... And the thunder all of a sudden seemed far louder and intimidating. His hand was hard and callused from hand-to-hand fighting and the handling of weapons, but his touch made her feel safe somehow. Twining her fingers with his, she reached out a hand to rub Shadow between the ears. She almost felt bad that he had to be here while they discovered themselves, as she thought that he might feel a bit like a third wheel as a part of Erin's spirit. He was used to Erin's constant companionship, not the new Elf girl butting in. All of her doubts vanished when she looked up into Erin's face, and her conflicted expression changed to something softer.

She gave his hand a quick squeeze, a smile lingering around her lips when she spoke. "How about we get out of the rain? Dante and Hanna are probably wondering if we've both lost our minds now... But, I don't know." She bit the inside of her lip, a habit that she had had ever since she was small. "They've just been reunited after so long. I think we should give them some space for a while."

Oh dear, I do hope I didn't say completely the wrong thing again, she thought worriedly. She hated looking like an idiot in front of him when he was so much more intelligent. She had no hope of matching his brains, but the least she could do would be to avoid doing what she had probably just did. It took her a few moments to realize that she was being too harsh on herself. Without knowing it, she had tensed slightly, as if anticipating a blow. Erin wouldn't hurt her; why was she worried? The Elf took a deep breath and forced herself to relax.

"Oh!" Lyra exclaimed suddenly, clapping her free hand to her forehead. "I almost forgot; this is yours." With the same hand, she produced the journal that she had taken up from the ground where he had left it. "You left out all the good parts," she said with a smile. "During your previous reading... You're really a good person, you know? No matter how hard you try to kid yourself about it... I just thought you should know that."

Hanna smiled at Dante as he made another bad joke. He had always been a character, but it seemed that he was determined not to let her earlier words lie in peace. Two could play at that game, but it was too soon after sleep for her to think of something witty to say in response. She might have made a reference to the un-dead, but didn't know where his boundaries were yet.

"Was that supposed to be funny?" she asked, smiling as he kissed her lightly on the nose in answer. She couldn't help the blush that crept along her face, though she knew that it was a girlish thing to do. Ah, he could deal with it. The gesture meant that he had made her happy, and she figured that he would want to know that.

The girl with purple eyes slowly stepped around the vampire until she was between him and the window. Rain still lashed against it, and she could still hear, not a long way off, the great rumbles of thunder. It had been raining for a while now, and she wished that it would stop. It was always so wet and muggy in Paludem, that when there was a clear day, it was almost taken as an ill omen; the people and the creatures weren't used to the bright sun. It made her head spin that these people had spent much of their lives under the dark shadows of constant storms and fog from the rivers and marshes. It didn't seem fair to her, but then again, since when was life always fair? Life had taken Dante away from her. Had that been fair? No. Case in point.

Hanna's eyes looked up, and met Dante's bright green ones. If anything, she had remembered his eyes. They reminded her of the lush green ferns of the forest, or the springy clumps of moss that clung to the bark of trees or grew wherever there was moisture. His eyes were warm and living, and just looking into them again made her feel somewhat calmer. Hardly aware of her motions, she reached out a hand and caressed his pale face. Her fingers met flesh and blood. Different, yes, but he was alive. He was real; he hadn't been a dream.

"What happened?" she asked him. "I can understand the recent tidings... But what about you? She leaned back against the hard glass, hands resting on the windowsill. "What's happened in your story since we last met?"
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 am

Dante closed his eyes feeling her touch. Goose flesh erupted again at the touch of heat. His eye lashes, despite the attack of Lyra and her hair dying fire, had managed to say dark.
"I don't remember much until recently," He began softly. "It comes back in bits and pieces, here and there. I killed both of the vampires who attacked me; The male in my shop and the female at the tree. I hung in that tree for three days. It was almost like coming out of a daze. The stupid cat was sitting in front of me, just staring. It wasn't till then I realized what had happened..."
He shuddered, "Then I remembered you, I honestly wanted to go back to you. I did. But then I remembered what I did to that cat... When the barn burnt down the mare had gotten away. I found her a few weeks later after I had had a chance to hunt. She didn't run away... I was surprised."
He continued to tell the story, adapting to his new found abilities, wrestling trolls, he skated over the bit about going back for his own funeral. How everybody had smelled like food to him, he had conviently left that bit out. He kept talking and talking. Then he got to the part about getting his medallion, the one that allowed him to work silver. The demons chasing him, meeting Kazaryl, killing things with his bare hands. Then meeting Lyra and Erin. He hesitated for a moment before saying, "The reason I think I reacted so violently to her showing up is because she reminded me of you... she has the same minty smell you do. But hers is harsher and not as soft."
He kinda laughed a little bit at Erin and his bad habit of pointing sharp objects at him. He mentioned Jennifer the other vampire he had traveled with shortly before running into Lyra again at the gypsy camp. Rescuing Erin and then arriving here only to kill the were-cat laying dead in the streets... then being possessed.
"It was terrifying, the magician removed me from my own body. Lyra had to set me on fire." He tugged at his hair, "This is what happened."
Then he explained about what had happened to Erin and the stinger. It took Dante a moment to realize he had stopped talking.

((I'm to tired to come up with any actual stories of what happened to him at the moment. But I will think of some... eventually...))
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 pm

She gave his hand a quick squeeze, a smile lingering around her lips when she spoke. "How about we get out of the rain? Dante and Hanna are probably wondering if we've both lost our minds now... But, I don't know." She bit the inside of her lip, a habit that she had had ever since she was small. "They've just been reunited after so long. I think we should give them some space for a while."

Erin nodded, "That's true and very thoughtful of you. Let's find someplace else to go, together, shall we?" The warrior slowed his usually fast and long woodland stride, so neither he nor Lyra would slip in the mud. "Well, I don't think Hanna will want to see me for a LONG while...not after how i reacted to threats..." Erin sighed, remembering how he'd made her dagger to hot to hold, so that she'd drop it. "I'll apologize later. When she's through with our vampire friend...speaking of vampires...wasn't there another with us?" Erin stopped for a moment, "Yes. Yes there was. Jennifer. I never got to thank her for going to rescue me..." He called to Shadow and asked if the dire wolf would go track down the vampire and tell her that he said "thank you". Shadow, being Shadow, did not complain. His thick coat kept him dry and besides, Erin and Lyra had just been reunited too. He'd give them some time to themselves as well. The wolf loped of with his characteristic lupine gait and disappeared in the distance. The warrior continued to walk through the streets, Lyra by his side, the rain water dribbling off his hair and the wind was at their back. The storm almost seemed to make Erin more alive than usually. His face had an almost permanent smile and he walked confidently, as though life were nothing to worry about.

Wolf lead Lyra to a small barn that was all but abandoned, excepting a black cat that seemed to lounge in a hay pile on one side. The barn was dry and relatively warm, compared to the storm outside and Erin sat down, back against a wall. Lyra had returned his journal to him and he now withdrew it once again. "Lyra," he asked, his voice gentle, his eyes warm, "Would you like to read the rest of this? We can go through it together, if you'd like, til the storm stops raining cats and dogs at least." The warrior rolled his eyes when the sable cat meowed in protest at Erin's comment about it raining cats and dogs. "At least he didn't call me a FUReak..." Erin chuckled, amused at his own pun.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Hanna listened quietly, paying close attention to the words that came from him, committing them to memory. She was shocked that Dante had killed, or had been able to kill, the two vampires that turned him. Especially in the state he must have been in, it was quite a feat. She wondered how he had killed them, but then decided that she honestly didn't want to know what he had done to him. She wasn't the biggest fan of blood, guts, and gore, though she had no great problem with it. The mare not running away from him was hard to believe, though it had loved him dearly at the time if she remembered correctly. Perhaps she had simply recognized her master, or maybe she knew that he wouldn't hurt her.

When Dante told to part about the medallion and Lyra's role, she looked furious. "Oh my gosh, Dante, that's so horrible! Who's amulet was it? I'll kill them!" She leaped up, tense and looking ready for action. "What kind of a person would be so evil as to try to possess someone like that? I mean, that's just crossing the line. Big time." The angry girl sliced a hand through the air to add emphasis to her words. "As for Lyra, I don't care if you were possessed or not. Fire can kill vampires, and that's not a risk worth taking."

Outside, thunder boomed, and Hanna started slightly in surprise. "Oh Dante," she said after a moment. "I'm just glad you're safe."

With those words, she moved forward and hugged him tightly. Her warmth clinging tightly to his coldness, her living heart beat against the dead stillness in his own chest. "Thank you," she whispered, not sure what she was thanking him for but needing to all the same.

"I'll apologize later. When she's through with our vampire friend...speaking of vampires...wasn't there another with us?" Erin stopped for a moment, "Yes. Yes there was. Jennifer. I never got to thank her for going to rescue me..."

"Jenny?" Lyra asked, looking up as she tried to walk carefully through the hard-packed dirt that was fast turning into mud. Dang it all, and she didn't own any other clothes. "She didn't follow us into the inn... I think she felt left out or something, and decided to leave. I didn't see her when I ran outside." Guilt tugged at her, but she forced it aside. She hadn't made Jenny's choices for her; those had been her own. Although, it was true that she ought to have paid more attention to her. It was never a good feeling to be left out and forgotten by those you thought of as friends. She watched Shadow lope away, wondering if he was going to be able to sniff out a scent in this rain. It had been soaking the ground for a while now, and the trail was probably gone. Still, Shadow was a dire wolf and was probably as talented as his master in that regard.

Every few minutes, the Elf would give a little jump when the thunder boomed overhead. She tried not to kill his hand, but irrational fears couldn't be reasoned with. Being out in the open streets didn't help, though Erin's close presence relatively calmed her. Even under ordinary circumstance, she wouldn't have used her fire to ward off the rain or the cold, and she didn't use it now. The energy needed for it was too much to be worth it when she would just be using it for her own comfort's sake. It just wasn't worth it. Sunlight would do just fine after the rain stopped.

Wolf lead Lyra to a small barn that was all but abandoned, excepting a black cat that seemed to lounge in a hay pile on one side. The barn was dry and relatively warm, compared to the storm outside and Erin sat down, back against a wall.

Lyra smiled at his pun, sitting on a dry pile of straw next to him. It was dry in the barn, thank goodness, and she hoped that the owner wouldn't freak out too terribly about their presence if it was discovered. There were a couple of cats roaming around, and a few were simply sleeping in a heap of kitty fluff. She smiled at the scene, then her head turned to look at Erin when he spoke again. Gosh, how she loved the sound of his voice.

"Lyra," he asked, his voice gentle, his eyes warm, "Would you like to read the rest of this? We can go through it together, if you'd like, til the storm stops raining cats and dogs at least." The warrior rolled his eyes when the sable cat meowed in protest at Erin's comment about it raining cats and dogs. "At least he didn't call me a FUReak..." Erin chuckled, amused at his own pun.

Lyra looked slightly embarrassed. "I can read," she confessed, shrugging her shoulders, trying to act like it was no big deal. She felt like such an idiot. "I mean," she said as she struggled to explain. "I can recognize some symbols, but I was never taught. It wasn't important where I come from... Alrog being a bard, I learned all I know from an oral tradition." She tapped her head with a finger. "It's in here."

A black cat with intelligent amber eyes jumped down from the loft, landing gracefully a few feet away. He waved its tail at the two strangers, studying them curiously. Eyeing Erin with wariness, he nevertheless took a few steps forward, curiosity getting the better of it. Lyra leaned forward a tad and extended a hand to the feline, who immediately walked up to it. Purring happily, he rubbed his head against her fingers, and as she withdrew her hand he came forward, allowing her to stroke his silky fur. Ramming his head happy against her, he stepped onto her lap and tucked his paws under his body, looking up at her expectantly. She gave the cat the attention he wanted, stroking him absently as she focused back on Erin.

"Why don't you read?" Lyra suggested. "It's your story, and you can probably read your handwriting better than I ever could." She leaned her back against the wall, her shoulder just brushing his.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

Dante let loose a tired chuckle at the return of Hanna's fiery temper. "I think you'll have to arm wrestle Erin for that. Something I wouldn't recommend... or attempt. "
He watched her rant a little bit before saying, "I told her to set me on fire. Day-walker here. I'm not allergic to fire or sun like most vampires. True there was an off chance I could lose all my hair, but the overall effect wasn't aimed at me."
Then she was hugging him tight and he felt several ribs pop. He wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips to the crown of her head. He cradled her close to him and he muttered under his breath, "somebody pinch me."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:57 am

Dante let loose a tired chuckle at the return of Hanna's fiery temper. "I think you'll have to arm wrestle Erin for that. Something I wouldn't recommend... or attempt. "

Hanna rolled her eyes at Dante. "Honestly. Erin's just like all the other men out there. He's got an ego that towers up to the heavens and the muscle to back it up, but he only keeps that ego if no one has the guts to deflate it." She folded her arms across her chest and cocked an eyebrow. "It might as well be me."

He watched her rant a little bit before saying, "I told her to set me on fire. Day-walker here. I'm not allergic to fire or sun like most vampires. True there was an off chance I could lose all my hair, but the overall effect wasn't aimed at me."

Hanna looked extremely confused at these words. "What's a Day-walker?" she asked. "Is it a specific type of vampire or something?" She had heard that sunlight could cause ill effects in vampires, and in some cases could lead to death, but she never considered sunlight nearly as potent as fire. Anyway, vampire or not, wouldn't being set on fire be really bad? As in, potentially kill bad? Dante must be extremely durable to have survived that... But she would still have to have a few words to Lyra about what she'd done. She might be Erin's girl and Dante might be just fine, but that didn't mean that she was any less upset about her setting Dante on fire.

Then she was hugging him tight and he felt several ribs pop. He wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips to the crown of her head. He cradled her close to him and he muttered under his breath, "Somebody, pinch me."

Hanna drew back slightly from her hug to flash him a wicked grin. "You asked for a pinch?" she asked innocently, raising an eyebrow at him. Without waiting for an answer, she lightly pinched his cheek. "I don't think this is a dream," she said in mock thoughtfulness, "as you're clearly not vanishing somewhere back into your body to wake up." Did that sound as weird as I thought it did? she thought. "And even if it was," the girl continued, "I wouldn't be wanting to wake up."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Dante grinned at Hanna's comment about Erin Wolf. In some ways she reminded Dante of the guy.Same fiery temper , both blue bloods, and both very... very deadly with a sword.
"A Day Walker is a vampire that can run around in the sun with out catching on fire. There are some issues with that though, having your vampiric powers drained from you. But those can easily be regained. If people thought they had caught a vampire they would tie it to a stake with silver chains. (Silver hurts a lot for dark creatures. So one tries not to move to reduce friction). Then they wait till day break to see if they catch fire." he shrugged. "Its a very simple matter really. "
Hanna drew back slightly from her hug to flash him a wicked grin. "You asked for a pinch?" she asked innocently, raising an eyebrow at him. Without waiting for an answer, she lightly pinched his cheek. "I don't think this is a dream," she said in mock thoughtfulness, "as you're clearly not vanishing somewhere back into your body to wake up." Did that sound as weird as I thought it did? she thought. "And even if it was," the girl continued, "I wouldn't be wanting to wake up."
Dante saw a dimple flash in Hanna's cheek and he couldn't help but kiss her again. After all he was a very impulsive creature. A low hypnotic humming filled the vampire's chest, almost like purring.
"Neither would I."
He eventually responded, their foreheads brushing,

Last edited by wolf_knight on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Lyra looked slightly embarrassed. "I can read," she confessed, shrugging her shoulders, trying to act like it was no big deal. She felt like such an idiot. "I mean," she said as she struggled to explain. "I can recognize some symbols, but I was never taught. It wasn't important where I come from... Alrog being a bard, I learned all I know from an oral tradition." She tapped her head with a finger. "It's in here."

Erin nodded, "There's nothing to be embarrassed. You should be glad you know how to read at all. Many folks don't. I had to learn to read, write, judge, and all manner of things...i was supposed to be the next...well, never mind that now. It's unimportant."

"Why don't you read?" Lyra suggested. "It's your story, and you can probably read your handwriting better than I ever could." She leaned her back against the wall, her shoulder just brushing his.

"As you wish." And so, the warrior's roughened hands leafed through the pagesand began to read from his journal. Tales of joy and tales of tears, all were there and laid bare for the Elf girl to see. And then there was the one about the wizard Merthissa, and Erin's hand went, instinctively to the magical brand on his back, the proof of his encounter with the dark wizard.

"You see," Erin began, "The wizard wanted me to retrieve an amulet. Offered to "teach me his ways" or something like that, if i tracked down this amulet and brought it's owner's head back to him. I get the feeling he and whoever he was after were not on good terms. Something about some elf or other had managed to escape a number of people he'd sent after them. They'd be found charred...as though touched by fire, or stabbed or, simply, couldn't find the elf. he described the elf having dark brown eyes and hair just as dark, a pale complexion to comlete the picture."

"She's a willy one. Get her for me and i'll reward you handsomely." He demanded proof of the kill. "The Elf's head or yours, Wolf!"

"He'd said to me, his staff crackling. But i can't go around killing random people. I am not a mercenary. I am not a murderer. Even if," He paused monetariliy, "it doesn't always seem like it....Anyways, I barely escaped him with my life, and since then wondered who he was hunting...and, buiding my my defenses against the arcane, just in case he finds me again and tries to finish what he started." Erin closed the book and held it out to her. "Here. You keep this safe. I trust you not to wield it willy nilly, but it has lots of information in the appendix in the back. Perhaps you may find some use for it. Besides, it's likely more safe with you than it is with me." Erin leaned forward and kissed her cheek before settling back against the wall. "It's been a long day, Lyra. You should rest. I'll keep an eyeout for trouble and wake you when the storm is over. Then we can get our stuff from the Inn. Alright?""

OOC: My posts my be sporadic as we'll be leaving for vactions soon. just fyi. Sorry for the inconvinience. -Wolf

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 am

"A Day Walker is a vampire that can run around in the sun with out catching on fire. There are some issues with that though, having your vampiric powers drained from you, but those can easily be regained. If people thought they had caught a vampire, they would tie it to a stake with silver chains. (Silver hurts a lot for dark creatures, so one tries not to move to reduce friction). Then they wait till day break to see if they catch fire." He shrugged. "It's a very simple matter, really."

Hanna stared at him for a minute, taking the information in. "Oh yeah. Very simple," she said. "Silly me." She wondered exactly how Dante had come across the information. Whatever the case, she just hoped that he wasn't talking from personal experience. But if Dante was a Day-walker, would silver hurt him if he wasn't true vampire? She didn't know. She would ask him, but then he did something to wipe the questions from her mind.

Dante saw a dimple flash in Hanna's cheek and he couldn't help but kiss her again. After all he was a very impulsive creature. A low hypnotic humming filled the vampire's chest. "Neither would I." He eventually responded, their foreheads brushing.

Hanna moaned as his mouth closed over hers. Her hands moved from her sides up to tangle in his silvery, thick hair. Mind seeming to have jammed, she pulled him to her, kissing him back passionately. His taste could be addictive, especially when it had been so long. How long had it been since they had kissed like this? She couldn't remember. The years seemed to slip away as they kissed. Eventually, they separated, still so close. She pressed her forehead lightly against his, kissing his nose. "Good thing you're not a dream," she whispered. "I would have woken up by now..."

She looked at him intently. "You asked if I wanted to pick up where we left off or let us go..." Hanna paused for a moment to swallow rising nerves. She hoped that she wasn't going to say the wrong thing. "All I want is you."

At fist, Lyra listened quietly to Erin's stories, for that's what they were. Many were strewn with grief, but that was life. There were so many others that told of times when he had helped strangers, worked good, and had had moments of stolen happiness. The cat purred on her lap, kneading her stomach with needle-sharp claws. While it did start to hurt after a while, she continued to absently stroke the creature while Erin read on and on. It was when he reached the tale of his encounter with Merthissa did she have her first negative reaction. Before, she had nodded a few times, smiled, or touched his arm in sympathy, but never before had such alarm flashed across her face.

"You see," Erin began, "The wizard wanted me to retrieve an amulet. Offered to "teach me his ways" or something like that, if i tracked down this amulet and brought it's owner's head back to him. I get the feeling he and whoever he was after were not on good terms. Something about some elf or other had managed to escape a number of people he'd sent after them. They'd be found charred...as though touched by fire, or stabbed or, simply, couldn't find the elf. he described the elf having dark brown eyes and hair just as dark, a pale complexion to complete the picture."

Lyra felt what little color that was in her face drain from it. Merthissa. Son of a demon, what that foul man had he done to Erin? As he read on, she found herself tensing, angry as he told of the fight and his own narrow escape. Yes, oh yes. Merthissa was still after the amulet and he had tried to use Erin to get it. Was he still trying to manipulate others, or had the battle with Erin done him in? Somehow, she didn't think it would have. She knew Merthissa from previous fights and encounters; he was very hard to kill. And he had tried to get Erin to hunt her down for him. Lovely. Praise the stars that he had refused, even if it cost him. She would never be able to survive a duel with Deathblade.

The Elf looked away from the warrior to glance down at the cat, which had stopped purring and was getting to it's feet. It gave her a playful swipe with sheathed claws, and she responded by rubbing it's shoulders in farewell. He waved his tail and sauntered off, no doubt looking for a meal. Within seconds, he had merged with the shadows.

Erin closed the book and held it out to her. "Here. You keep this safe. I trust you not to wield it willy nilly, but it has lots of information in the appendix in the back. Perhaps you may find some use for it. Besides, it's likely more safe with you than it is with me."

Lyra protested at this. "It's yours, Erin. You should keep it; your story isn't over yet." That's what life seemed like to her, one great tale of adventure, tragedy, fear, hope, love, and pain. "What good would it do me, anyway?"

Erin leaned forward and kissed her cheek before settling back against the wall.

At this, Lyra stopped talking. Her dark eyes grew wide with surprise. What was that for? She even felt herself blushing, which was ridiculous in of itself. He hadn't meant anything by the action, right? Yet, it meant something to her and a smile slowly spread across her face.

"It's been a long day, Lyra. You should rest. I'll keep an eye out for trouble and wake you when the storm is over. Then we can get our stuff from the Inn. Alright?"

The Elf nodded, eyes on his. "That Elf," she said slowly. "That Elf Merthissa wanted you to kill for the amulet... That's me." Her gaze flickered over his handsome face, never once leaving it. "Thank you." She leaned over and pressed a lingering kiss to his cheek. Drawing back, she met his eyes again. With a small nod, she laid down beside him and put her head in his lap. "You should sleep some too," she murmured. "I wouldn't take too many chances if I were you right now." Her eyes closed and her breathing deepened. She was asleep.

ooc: No worries! We'll miss you!
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:17 pm

She looked at him intently. "You asked if I wanted to pick up where we left off or let us go..." Hanna paused for a moment to swallow rising nerves. She hoped that she wasn't going to say the wrong thing. "All I want is you."
Dante looked into her deep purple eyes. He grinned, their foreheads still pressed together. Pure joy was thundering through his veins, his mouth was tantalizingly close to hers.
"Hanna Maria Wilde, Marry me?"
Then he kissed her again, not giving her a chance to answer. This was not a mortal kiss. But an Immortal kiss that turned a girl's insides into mush. The kind that made a girl's heart race and her blood boil.

OCC- Needless to say I am totally gagging....
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

Location : In a place where chocolate bunnies and vampires still exist

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm

OOC: Sorry for posting, but I just had to ask, is Jennifer invited to the wedding?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm

YES! As soon as I come up with a post...
Hey, guys... Anyone else hear wedding bells? :-)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:56 pm

*Raises hand*
"ME!"
Jenni forgot her horse too... so she kinda has to come back.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

Location : In a place where chocolate bunnies and vampires still exist

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:24 am

OOC: It would be so awkward if Jenny walked in now, while he was proposing. xD
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:08 am

occ- well wait for Hanna's reply then
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 am

Dante looked into her deep purple eyes. He grinned, their foreheads still pressed together. Pure joy was thundering through his veins, his mouth was tantalizingly close to hers.
"Hanna Maria Wilde, Marry me?"
Then he kissed her again, not giving her a chance to answer.

"O-" Hanna tried to begin, but any response that she might have given was immediately eclipsed by the sudden force in which he kissed her.

In all honesty, she did try to finish the half-formed thought, but she barely made it past weakly trying to push him off of her before she gave in. It was Dante... and he didn't need to hear her say the words for him to know what her answer would be. Later on, she might get him back for denying her the chance to accept his proposal, but for now it was taking all of her willpower to stand upright.

It was not fair. It really wasn't. Dante was a vampire, an immortal, perfection in human guise, and he had an amazingly talented mouth. Her arms automatically wound around his neck as her hands tangled in his thick silvery hair. She was barely conscious of its familiar soft density, instead her body's heightened awareness focused on his cold body pressed against hers and the way his soft lips were devouring her mouth. She couldn't think past the need for more of his kiss. It was only when her need for air became greater than her need to kiss him did she find herself able to pull away. And even then, as soon as she had taken a breath she couldn't wait for more.

"You are such a git," she tried to complain, making an attempt to salvage some of the dignity she was sure she had lost in that kiss. "Not even letting me answer... What if I said 'no'?" Hanna cocked an eyebrow at him with a faint smile dancing around her lips. She reached up and kissed his cheek. "It's a good thing you know I love you," she whispered. Her purple eyes met his. "Dante Inferno, it would be my honor to marry you."

ooc: So sorry!!!! I had exams and an unexpected trip with a science group, so I was only able to post until right around now. :-/
I tried to make up for it with the post though. Very Happy Yeah... I failed... I know. O.O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Paludem :: The Marsh-
Jump to: