Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wandering Around

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

Wandering Around - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Erin stared at her in shock...was she hugging HIM?? She WAS hugging him... He stood for a moment, unsure what to do, then, he hugged her back.

"Just be more careful next time." He said softly.
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Lyra released him, unsure of what to think her feel. Her mind was moving faster than she was able to follow it. She had not been expecting him to return the hug at all... more like push her away and ask what the heck she was thinking would have been more accurate. Her heart was beating about five times faster than usual and she was pretty sure that she was blushing due to the warmth in her face. Great.

"No promises," she said. Her voice was quiet, husky, but that wasn't unusual. She rarely raised her voice or talked at a level normal to other people; she just wasn't used to interacting with others. "But I can try." She paused for a moment, broke eye contact again, then met his gaze again. "Thanks for trying to help me."
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:26 am

Dante streched from the place he had been sitting for the last day ans a half. He had been in a state of meditation. All of the healing energy directed at his hurt shoulder. The would had closed up nicly as there had been no nightshade smeared on the blade. By now he was fully awake. He walked over Erin and Lyra. Without intrupting their snuggle session, he picked up what had once been her hurt hand. The flesh was the pale pink of freshly healed skin. He arched an eyebrow inspecting and comming to a conclusion. Dante dropped her hand, "iron?" Was all he asked lyra.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:29 pm

"Yeah," Lyra said wearily, passing a hand over her eyes briefly before dropping it again. It hurt where he'd touched her; the skin was still tender, but not nearly as bad as it had been yesterday. Anyway, it wasn't like she had been dying like Erin had thought, so it was no longer of consequence.

She looked at the vampire. "How's your shoulder?" she asked him. While the wound has closed up pretty well over the night, she felt it polite to ask.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:04 pm

A ghost of a smile flickered across his face, "Its fine," To prove his point he pulled off his cloak and turned around. Were Dante had been stabbed by the demon had indeed closed up and all that was left was a jagged scar that was slightly bunched.
"I had a friend who is part elf and she had the same problem with Iron. Would burn her skin. The worst time was when she picked up a sword I had finished forging that was made of iron. Burnt her whole palm of her hand front and she was sick for days."
Dante shook his head smile vanishing. "She couldn't sense it because she is part human."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Lyra was befuddled by this. Why, in the name of Heaven and Earth, would she even want pick up an iron sword if she was part Elf? That certainly was not her definition of good thinking on the girl's part. Maybe it had something to do with being part human and she couldn't sense it the way other pure Elves could. At that thought, she mentally slapped herself. She herself wasn't pure Elf, but the Elemental blood in her only sharpened her senses... and turned her into a freak.

"I hope she was okay," she said with complete sincerity; iron wasn't something that she wanted to be within a ten foot radius for the rest of the moon.

A thought suddenly struck her and she felt incredibly rude. "I'm terribly sorry," she said, embarrassment making her words formal. "I didn't quite manage to catch your name."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Dante looked at her, "She's fine, her mother gave me an ear full though when I carried her home. Said 'If you need someone to hand you something made of Iron, Do it your self.' That was stupidity on my part. "
Dante pulled his cloak back over his shoulder and started when Lyra asked him his name. "That's because I didn't give it, but for future reference its Dante."
He watched the elf, she was pretty. But all elves were pretty. He was also pretty sure the guy with the giant wolf had some sort of claim on her. Erin, that's his name. He was also sure Lyra like Erin back from judging her body language around him.
Dante started towards the cave exist and saw the sun was rising. He stopped in the shadows watching the shadows shorten.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Lyra chuckled slightly when the vampire, Dante, told of the mother of the girl's reaction. She probably would have given him a good tongue lashing if she had been in her place as well though, if she thought about it. Iron was lethal towards Elves. She wondered as to whether the girl's father or mother had been of the Elvin race, but it wasn't important.

She watched him walk towards the entrance of the cave with the predatory gait of his kind. She knew that trolls couldn't tolerate being in direct sunlight and that vampires preferred the cloak of night to day, but she didn't actually knew if sunlight hurt them. Curious, she followed him.

The storm had finally stopped, though she suspected that another one was going to follow hard on its heels. This one had only lasted for a few days and they usually lasted a week. If any in the strange party wanted to move on, now was the time before the second storm came.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Dante ran a hand over his face, showing stress. He did not do this often; then, he saw Lyra watching him. "You're curious about my reaction to sunlight, aren't you?"
Dante shook his head in amusement. All living things were curious; it was the natural order of things... like cats eating mice. "Normally, Vampires burst into flame when they walk in sunlight. Fatal, its also the easiest way to kill a vampire if you are to weak to fight them off. Who knew running away could be the easiest way to kill them?"
Then, without warning, he stepped into the sun. The sun didn't burn him or kill him.

Last edited by wolf_knight on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:19 pm

"You have no idea exactly how contradictory that was," Lyra said, who had almost thought that he was about to kill himself by stepping into the light. How had he found a loophole? Her head hurt just trying to figure out how he'd managed it. "What makes you so special then?" she asked. He looked a little too pleased with himself for her liking.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Dante smiled showing a fang-less mouth, "I'm what people call a day walker." Dante felt the strain on his vampire powers so he walked back into the cave. "I don't know how it works or how it happened so don't ask."
He dug around in his bag for a shirt, the cloak Hanna gave him was starting to get in his way. He pulled the cloak off and pulled the black shirt over his head. "It just makes me extra hungry."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Lyra's face gave nothing away, but she felt as if someone had slipped ice down the back of her shirt. A daywalker? Despite her neutral expression, anxiety gnawed at her. She was blunt by nature, even though she was more than capable of using tact.

"So you were bitten at some point?" she asked. She meant no offence, it was just a question. However, as soon as the words were out, she realized that she probably ought to have phrased that differently. Too late now and anyway, she had never been one to use flowery language to disguise the true intention of her meaning.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Dante snorted and looked up at the ceilling suddenly becoming very intrested inthe rock formations. He had been bitten, clawed, and hung in a tree.
"Four times," he touched the spots. Once on his right shoulder, his bicep, the back of his left leg and in the small hallow at the bace of his throat. "It takes more than being bitten to be turned."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Lyra did not answer him. He seemed bitter about his fate, not that she wouldn't be if she was honest, and lost in memories. She supposed that it was a delicate subject and decided, therefore, not to push the matter any further. It must be a terrible thing to be a vampire, though she bore his kind little ill feeling. And if he had started off as human, it couldn't have been an easy transition for him. They were a sad bunch really, and she didn't have it in her to feel much more than pity for them, rather than the fear which always seemed to be associated with vampires.

The Elf girl's brown eyes fixed on the rising sun. The tops of the trees were gilded golden and bright rays of sunlight pierced the thick branches. The brilliantly white snow glittered like a myriad tiny stars come to rest on Earth as the sun's warm light came to rest upon it. There would be a few hours more til sun-high, and she really ought to leave before anything else happened. But... She turned slightly, tearing her eyes away from the morning light to find Erin again. Feeling suddenly shy, she turned back to the sunrise. No, if she was honest with herself, while she might want to get out of this cave and go somewhere, she didn't want to leave Erin. Maybe he'd let her accompany him to the village where the boy had lived to deliver the child's earnings... but if he wanted to go their separate ways, she'd understand. She wasn't good company to have around.

ooc: From what I know about vampires, there are several ways of transformation. Usually what happens is the vampire drains the human until it is near lifelesss and then forces the victim to drink their own blood. The human dies (obviously) and then re-awakes as a monster. However, there are also tales in which the bite alone turns them into a vampire. Vampires are also their own race once they become established so one can also be born a vampire - but this clearly did not happen with Dante. Is he talking about the first way of conversion here, since he made a reference to it taking more than a bite to turn one?
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Erin yawned and stretched like a cat. He rubbed his eyes and took stock of the situation around him. Kazaryl was still sleeping soundly, somehow. The dragon seemed to sleep like a rock. Lyra and Dante were out front, and that concerned the warrior. He didn’t trust the vampire around her. He seemed to find her scent appealing…and he seemed to want to, well…Erin blinked and banished the thought. He buckled on his sword, and strapped on his armor. The sunlight glinted off the argent steel of the armor and shone like a star. Erin strode forward and as he walked by Shadow, he tapped the great dire wolf and waved him to follow, just in case. He was steps from the cave entrance when he stooped to grab Lyra’s pack. He slung it over his shoulder. Erin and Shadow exited that cave silently. Erin slipped behind Lyra and Dante, listening for a moment, and then, he tapped Lyra on the shoulder.

“Hey, you ready to head out? We have some distance to cover…” He offered her her pack. He wanted to get her away from the vampire. He didn’t doubt he could stop it from harming her, if it came to that, but, he also didn’t want it to come to that. He gave Dante a look that said ‘hey…don’t mess with her… or else…’ Shadow emphasized the unspoken warning with a growl, and then turned and liked Lyra’s hand energetically. She was well and that made the great wolf happy.

Erin looked at Lyra. Would she still want to travel with him, or? Was this all some big joke…? Cause if it was…Erin refused to think about it. He had little enough feeling left in his iron heart…he just didn’t want that heart of his to die completely…His eyes searched hers, seeking her true feelings, her reasoning, SOMETHING to explain her behavior towards him…something to help him determine the truth…He waited for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:20 am

Dante arched an eyebrow, he was highly amused at the way Erin treated her.
"Thanks for your consern, Lyra. " Dante turned his back. "I guess you'll want to know there are more humans out there. Watch the trees."
He walked back to his pile of black smithing equipment. Dante was visibly packing. He pausd at a thought and turned back to erin.
"Dimond not glass." He hoped erin caught the meaning behind his words.

ooc- the first
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:51 am

She jumped when Erin tapped her, spinning around and reaching for her dagger before she realized that it was Erin. She visibly relaxed and the ghost of a smile flickered over Lyra's face. To look at her, it was easy to tell that she had been hurt in her life. There was a world weary quality to her that made her appear older than her just ten and eight summers and her eyes were haunted. When she smiled, it was the uncertain smile of one who had never really learned just how to do so. By and large, her face was a closed book. Only the eyes seemed to still hold feeling. They looked at Erin with the look of one who wanted to trust, but didn't know how; the look of someone who had been betrayed too often before to be certain if it was worth the risk. She didn't want to be heartless, to throw away all feeling, all humanity the way Erin seemed to have tried. She wanted to feel. Why? Pain. Physical, mental; it didn't matter. It was the pain that kept her going because it was an acute reminder that she was still alive... and would have to be for a while yet. And she just didn't care anymore. Maybe that was why she'd allowed herself not to be as careful as she might have been when she had tried to help Shadow. Something stirred in the broken gaze, but flitted away before it could be properly identified. Only the eyes still showed that she wasn't nearly as strong as she acted, that there was still someone buried there beneath her outer mental armor.

"I'm ready," Lyra said to Erin, nodding to Dante to tell him that his warning had been recognized, and scratching Shadow's velvety ears. There was the possibility that they might have been travelers, but also that they might be coming for either one of them. "If Shadow's shoulder can take the strain, we should be able to make it to the next village in two days time if we go hard. If we leave now and if I'ved judged the storm accurately, it should hit at about the same time we arrive... probably around early to late morning." She realized that her words were tumbling out of her way too fast and she shut up. She wasn't used to dealing with people like this, being far more used to either fighting them to the death or trying to outrun them. From the speed of her speech, it could be determined that she was a touch nervous, anxious as well, but there was a third element in the mix.

Erin's intense gaze made her want to look away, but she was helpless to do so. She felt caught, trapped in a situation beyond her or anyone else's control. Man and wolf intrigued her, but the dire wolf's master was having an unforeseen effect on her. Lyra could just about have hugged him for the fact that he hadn't pushed her away just yet, but she was insecure and her self-confidence had never been great. Besides, once he had strapped on his armor, he became all the more intimidating and her heart stumbled a bit. She hated herself for reacting this way towards him, for letting her heart get the best of her head, but the choice was quickly leaving her.

ooc: Okay. For future reference however, a Daywalker is a vampire who is only half vampire. That is to say, one of their parents was humanoid.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 am

He backpedaled.

“Whoa!” He eyed the dagger as she replaced it just as fast as she had drawn it.

Am I getting that slow and soft? I should have had the weapon knocked from her hand and her pinned to a tree in the blink of an eye…at least…that’s what I used to be able to do….why is my training falling apart so suddenly??

Puzzled, Erin looked at her as she spoke rapid fire.

Goddess, did he make everyone that nervous? Was he THAT intimidating?

He didn’t know for sure. But he let it lie. No need to stir up unnecessary questions. He stared at her patting Shadow.

At least ONE of us has her attention…

He questioned her judgment on traveling hard though, “Lyra, you have just barely recovered from touching IRON…you almost DIED… I think, that we will take it a bit slower than a forced two day march, and besides,” He looked at her with half a grin, “I always liked storms…”

He turned towards the woods and then turned back. “Diamond, you say? “ He eyed Dante, “I will keep that in mind.”

He kneeled by Shadow. “Boy, you up for some recon?” He meant, was his shoulder okay. Shadow never complained, in all the years he and Erin had been together, he just nodded, as usual.

“Alright then, will you check out the humans? See if they are something that needs to be ‘taken care of’?” He said this last with a hard edge to his voice, leaving no question as to their fate, should Shadow deem them a threat.

“Be careful boy, you know you’re the only one who keeps me sane these days…” Erin ruffled Shadow’s ears and hugged the huge dire wolf tightly. The wolf licked him for several moments. Erin released Shadow from the embrace and stood stiffly. He rarely showed real emotion, and rarer still, affection, but when he did, it was usually towards Shadow, but this was one of the first’s times that anyone actually saw him being, well, affectionate, towards anything really.

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 am

Lyra watched him for a moment, her sad eyes resting on Shadow; it was easier to focus on the wolf rather than his master. She was flat out attracted to Erin, but was determined that nothing of consequence would come of it. It would only get him killed and if he died and it was her fault, she would never be able to forgive herself. She'd rather die than have to go through that.

"Sorry," she muttered, seeing his surprised expression as he started to address her. "You just startled me. I'm sorry." She felt bad for instigating the slightly hurt look on his face, the confusion that vanished after a few moments when his mental defenses fired back up again. She felt bad, but kept it out of her eyes, not wanting him to see it.

"And look," she said, trying to speak in a way that could be understood. "I'm fine, okay? I've been shot before, and that almost killed me. Trust me, iron hurts if you touch it, but the only thing we really have to worry about is a wound." She twisted her hands anxiously, a nervous habit that she was all but unconscious of doing now. It was just something she did. "If I don;t put all my spare energy into the amulet, there won't be any trouble," she said, trying to convince him as much as herself. "No one wants to be caught out in a blizzard."

Lyra studied a spot on the ground, then her eyes drifted back to the sun. Goddess, it was beautiful. Sunrise and sunset always made her feel slightly sad, but sunrise brought another talisman with its bright rays; hope. A faintly blue aura flickered around her frame before she quelled it and made the amulet absorb its warmth, her warmth. With a faint shiver, she looked back at Erin.

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:37 am

Dante strung his bow and checked it over for damage. The fall from Kazaryl had damaged it. At the least it needed a new bow string. He could make one tonight after he went hunting. His sword was bent and chipped from a vampire falling on it. At this point it would be easier to buy a new one at the next town. It would be faster. Than forgeing a new one.
Packed he loaded the mare then he poked kazaryl to wake him, "you sleep like the dead."
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:55 am

Kazaryl grumbled...Waking a sleeping dragon can be hazardous to your health...

He groaned and rose stiffly. He shook himself from head to tail and stretched like a lizard in the sun.

What have you being doing, little one? Where are the others?

The great silver dragon swept his massive head left, and then right, searching the cave for Lyra and Erin.

Hmmm, they appear to be gone...why am i not surprised? Kazaryl sniffed Dante's shoulder curiously. He examined the place of the wound with one of his huge honey-gold eyes.

That looks better, little one. How does it feel? Not hurting as much anymore, i hope?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Hmmm, they appear to be gone, Lyra mimicked soundlessly in her head at the dragon's words. If it wanted her gone, she had no objections. "C'mon," she growled to Erin, breaking eye contact and hoisting her bag onto her shoulders. I'll go then, she thought bitterly. See? I'm leaving! "Good luck," she called to Dante, as she walked swiftly out of the cave and into the morning. A quick look at the sun told her that their cave was directly facing the east and she knew that the nearest village lay directly to the north. Flicking one of her ears in a gesture, she took a few steps and then turned north. She did not look back. If Erin had any intentions of following, he had better set off before she left him behind for good. Of course, she couldn't bring herself to even think of that, so she stopped every few feet to listen for him. Once she was sure that he was following, she set the pace and never broke stride.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Dante patted the horse, "I can't tell it was ever there." He rotated the shoulder.
"I agree with you though, they both like each other." He said this quitly because they were just out side the cave. Then he looked out side seeing the wolfs dinner sized plate sized. tracks. "So glad he didn't have a taist for vampires."

Last edited by wolf_knight on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:36 pm

ooc: Mind editing that? Lyra left.
Wolf, post with Erin here ---> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Dante at that moment came to a descision. The sword needed replacing asap possible. Running around without a sword in this forrest is Dangerouse.
"Kazaryl, I need to run to the town." Dante showed him the sword, bent into the shape of dantes back. He saddled the mare. "I should be back in a few days."
Dante rode the mare out of the cave.
Several hours later massive thump of wings filled the air with the shuddering noise. A dark bluish silver dragon landed in the clearing.

Occ- I made kaz a buddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around   Wandering Around - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering Around
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Lapidem :: The Forest-
Jump to: