Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geralt Twice-cursed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
Geralt Twice-cursed Empty
PostSubject: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Standard Character Form
-Form for Elves, Dwarves, and Humans

Given Name: Geralt Twice-cursed

True Name: Geralt of house Skymark

Eye Color: Hazel. Black smoldering with purple when possessed (see backstory)

Hair: Light brown, worn long over his ears

Skin Color: Caucasian, moderately pale. Veined with black when possessed (see backstory)

Height: 5' 11"

Physical Description: He is a somewhat unimpressive figure due to his past as a noble. But training in fencing as well as a life on the run have left him with lean muscle. Were it not for the burn on his left cheek and jaw, his high cheekbones and fine features would make quite a handsome face.

Personality: In short, jumpy and nervous. He tends to avoid making close friends, or even acquaintances.  Before being possessed, he did his best to be charming and good natured like any young nobleman is expected to be. Now, he is worn down and constantly worried that he will lose control.

Type of Creature: Human

Parentage:
Mother: Lady Senna Rhodes Skymark

Father: Lord Jameson Skymark, of Skymark hill.

Realm of Origin: Sylvia

Animal Companion(Optional): none. Animals instinctually avoid him, unless the animal is strong-willed.

Talents: He grew up well-educated, learning courtly matters, history, basic battle tactics, etc. He also has a fair grasp of fencing, but has no other particular skills.

Weapon*: Carries a rapier and a triangular main-gauche dagger for his off-hand

Flaws**: Geralt's control over his own body is very fragile. If he is wounded, distracted, or otherwise incapacitated, one of the two demons possessing him will take over (and either demon will likely work to foil Geralt's plans and follow their own agenda). Silver will burn him whether or not he is possessed.
As for the demons, their fighting style is erratic (especially Gibbet, who doesn't really know how to fight).

Powers(Optional): When possessed, he (or, rather, the demon) can produce a black oil that ignites on command and burns with a purple flame. He is constantly covered in a thin film of oil on his skin, and the demons can consciously spit or sweat out the substance.
His possessed body is immune to its own flames, but his normal self is vulnerable to them.

Backstory***: Geralt is currently possessed by two demons, Gibbet and Jezzet. Little does he know, his father is responsible. Lord Skymark had bargained with a demon lord, asking for an army that would crush his enemies. He was given a price: one hundred denizens of Skymark as a sacrifice. He accepted, and rounded up convicts and dissidents for the exchange. All but one of Lord Skymark's offered men were in fact not sacrificed, but possessed. However, the deal didn't specify who the "sacrifices" were to be. The demon lord had intended for Geralt to be the one-hundredth human to be possessed from the beginning.

Gerald was supposed to be possessed by Jezzet, but Gibbet managed to sneak into the mortal plane as well. All of the possessed became violently insane, killing a few of their own. Terrified, the king ordered all that was left of the group was to be executed. Over a dozen guards died in the confrontation that followed, and most of the possessed men escaped. Although Jezzet would not normally cooperate with or aid other demons, it inadvertently led the escape using Geralt's body.

These events transpired less than a month ago, and ever since Geralt escaped he has been hunted.

Roleplay Example***: Geralt drew his cloak tightly around his shoulders as he passed yet another pair of patrolling guards. He was still close to Skymark hill, and he feared that the hood didn't conceal enough of his face. After all, it's edges were frayed and ragged to the point where it was at least an inch smaller than it had once been. And an inch of his face could be enough to spark recognition.

With all of the bounty posters around, it was a wonder that he didn't have a knife sticking out from his ribs. He was still wearing the colors of house Skymark, even if his clothes were stained by dirt and sweat. His burn hardly did anything to conceal who he was, except perhaps by making him harder to look at.

"Why, you look rather lonely, sir," a sultry voice said from behind.

Geralt jumped, before quickly turning around. "What makes you think that?" He asked the woman who stood before him.

"Well, sir, you are standing around by a brothel," she replied.

Purple desire flashed in his eyes. 'Gibbet...' Gerald realized with horror. He hastily told the woman, "Sorry, milady, not tonight. I have to leave..."

The woman grabbed him by the arm. "I've never had the pleasure of being called a lady before," she cooed, "You some lord's son sneaking about under his nose?"

"No! I...I....I'm no one! I need to go!" he shouted as he ripped himself free from the woman's grip. He took off running down an alley, disappearing into the depths of the city.

He skidded to a stop once he reached the end of the alley. He struggled to catch his breath and his vision became blurred and tinted dark. All Geralt could think was 'No...'

"Hey, you? What're you doing?" a surly-voiced guard shouted. He approached the doubled-over Geralt. The guard poked him with his club and asked, "You stole something, boy? That why you've been running?"

The creature that grinned up at the guard was not Geralt. It swiped at the guard, clawing its face. The guard recoiled backward. Soon after, he found himself tacked to the ground by the man who just moments ago was barely able to stand. "Who the bloody hell are you?" the guard shouted.

The creature grinned and stared at the guard with his pitch-black eyes. "I...am...Gibbet!" He spat a liquid dark as ink in the guard's face, then stood up and began to hobble away, crouched over.

The guard scrambled to his feet and wiped his face clean. He demanded that the suspect halt where he stood. The man shuddered, before turning around slowly. On his face was contorted with an unbelievable amount of rage and anger. It snarled, and dark oil began to flow along his black-veined arms. It began clawing at the air, spraying the fluid in all directions. The poor guard's face was once again spattered.

Before a word could be said, the assailant roared, "The world will know the power of Jezzet! You will be an example for anyone who doubts my power!"

The guard erupted into a pillar of purple flame.

Any notes about your characters:

Short bios of demons:

Gibbet: a minor demon mostly inclined to mischief, but not above causing harm if he so desires. He is not to be underestimated, and is actually powerful enough to contend with Jezzet despite his lowly status.

Jezzet: A middling frenzy demon with a great deal of ambition. He intends to prove his power in any way possible, and likely would have overpowered or completely destroyed Geralt if not for Gibbet's interference.

If you would like RP examples of either of the two demons, just let me know.

The inspiration for Geralt came from the song "Demons" by Imagine Dragons.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding details.)
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 pm

The oil, where does it come from? If it was stomach acid or something, does he spit the fluid out like a spitting cobra or how does that work?

I like the warring demons idea!

Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Perhaps a better mechanic would be if all of his body fluids were just converted into oil when a demon takes control, and anything that's still inside Geralt's body gets converted back to what it was when he regains control. Then again, that may be too powerful. The original idea was for the demon to consciously convert a fluid into oil.

As for how he uses it, I suppose it would depend on how much time there is to prepare. If the demon has an hour, it'll put some oil in a flask to throw at anyone who is in its way. If it has a few seconds, it'll vomit in the street, ignite the oil, and either catch itself on fire or splash the oil around to burn others. At first, I thought of it being able to manipulate the oil airbender-style, but that seemed a bit excessive, considering how easy it would be to just aerosolize the stuff and char anything and everything but Geralt.
Maybe he gets that ability when he's upgraded to a boss monster Razz

Hmm...now that I've thought about this, there really isn't a clean way to write demon's fighting style. Besides either spitting or igniting his own sweat, it'll have to resort to some pretty disturbing things. I mean, these are demons, so perhaps I shouldn't shy away from that aspect of them, but at the same time I'll have a character who is running around acting like he has several very serious, real life mental disorders. Who knows, maybe he should mutate or something when he gets possessed so oil just comes out of his palms.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Rather than all fluids being converted, i'm thinking something like a spitting cobra, where his saliva turns to a corrosive, vomituous, black mist/liquid he can spew forth...and he could have his sweat become similar...like tar or pitch, that could be ignited...but leaving him untouched...

Question...is he only immune to his on flames? Or all fire?

For example, he can use this flammable goo stuff...if he crossed paths with a sorcerer with power of fire or a wizard shooting fire balls or a dragon breathing flames...would he be affected in any way?

Demon's fighting style...erratic? Cause there're two of them? Usually fighting one another...but when cooperating, extremely fluid, cunning, and next to impossible to out maneuver due to the fact you'd be fighting TWO minds, not one...

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 5:02 pm

I like your ideas, there. Basically, he'd be like a boomer from Left 4 Dead, but with fire instead of bile.

So yeah, I think I will limit the powers to sweat and stuff that he can spit out. And I do like the idea of the demons switching control mid-fight to make things more wacky and unpredictable.  Gibbet would be more about spitting, and Jezzet would be more about sweating out oil and almost flicking it like a whip.

As for fire: he's covered in a thin film of oil that's only visible as black if a demon begins to consciously produce it. So, if a wizard throws a fireball, it will ignite his oil instead of him (not that this would be noticeable to the wizard beforehand). I don't know, perhaps excessive force of some kind could prevent him from making oil, and thus make him vulnerable to fire.

Since this character'll end up being a villain most likely, I'll go ahead and write a RP demo (and, I just feel like experimenting with the demons' fighting style).

Last edited by Wrathanet on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 am

Sounds like a plan, man!

When the demon demos get done, i'll look 'em over and most likely approve the modified Character plan for Geralt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geralt Twice-cursed   Geralt Twice-cursed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geralt Twice-cursed
Page 1 of 1