Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Human Village and the Journey To

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:14 am

Erin laughed at her expression. For once, he seemed to lighten up.

“Someone order dinner for two?” He grinned as he helped her spread out the food and drink. He folded a napkin and handed it to her.

“There you go.”

He grabbed an apple that she’d been reaching for…And tossed it in the air. He made it disappear behind him with a sly grin. He rolled it from shoulder to shoulder, spun it on one finger, and then tossed it up again. This time, it did not reappear.

“Ah ah ah…nope…no apple for you…I did the work to bring this up here…now you gotta work to get it…where am I hiding the apple?” He grinned mischievously and looked at her glowing face. He refused to let her have the apple without having a little fun.
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:30 am

"Aw, C'mon Erin," she pleaded, biting back a grin. "Lemme have it. Pretty please?"

Whoa, who was this new guy who had walked into her and Erin's room? Wasn't Erin supposed to be a dark kind of a character? Hadn't he been ignoring her for the past two days? If this was a rare moment when he expressed emotion other than anger and pain, she wanted to make the most of it. Now grinning slightly, she moved a step closer to him.

"What's the price of forfeit?" she asked, cocking a playful eyebrow at him.

He had an adorable grin on his face that made him look younger, somehow. She wondered what he had been like when he was a child, before pain and suffering took him down a darker path. Whatever the case, she wished that she could have known him then. It was as if he never got the chane to feel anything other than the pain which dominated his life... and maybe that was why he seemed so closed off most of the time.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:49 am

“Pretty please?” He sighed and laughed. “Okay, you got me…” He slid the apple from his sleeve and tossed it back to her. “Catch!”

“Price? I take no price from a lady…” He grinned. “Rewards ARE appreciated though…” he grinned and stepped back giving her space.

She was really sweet…He laughed. Why had he not met her earlier? Erin smiled and closed his eyes reveling in the glory and warmth of the moment. This elf was rather wondrous…really…he decided he could not allow anything to happen to her… He leaned forward and gave her a hug.

Goddess what had gotten into him?? He backed off and sat on the bed.

“Why don’t you eat something now? Don’t worry about me. I’ll eat too…eventually...”
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 am

Lyra smiled, deftly catching the apple with her left hand. She shined it on her shirt with a murmured word of thanks. Just a few moments later, he took her by surprise and her brown eyes widened with surprise when he pulled her into a quick hug though. Instinctively, she hugged him back. What? Was this the same Erin that she had met in the blizzard a few days ago? Whatever transformation had occurred, she hoped that it would last; she liked him better when he didn't look like he was expecting an enemy to jump out at them. He retreated though, almost immediately, and sat down on the cot looking slightly embarrassed.

"Did I just hear you laugh?" Lyra asked in a tone of incredulity, laughter in her own voice. "Are you sure you didn't get hit on the head with something on your way up here?" She winked at him, to show that she was teasing him.

She rolled her eyes at him. "C'mon, Wolf. Food's always better if you share it with someone." She remembered, suddenly, a vivid memory. Goddess, she had to have been a small child when it had happened. In her mind's eye, she saw her father's kind face passing her a hunk of bread, saying those exact same words. Sadness enveloped her, but nothing other than a momentary flicker in her eyes betrayed the momentary lapse. "Please?" she asked him, a faint smile playing around her lips. "While it's still warm."
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

Erin grinned. It had been ages since he could really relax. The tension in his body seemed to evaporate. His body was loose and at ease. His dazzling smile lit the room up.

He laughed again. "No, i don't think you heard me laugh." He sat with an amused half smile; his half-hearted attempt to hide the grin failing miserably.

"While it's still warm...still warm...hmm" He considered the statement as he tore off a chunk of bread and was about to pass it to her when he paused. He held the bread a moment longer, his brow furrowed in concentration, but only just. His dark eyes fluttered open once more and he passed her the bread. It was warmer than when he'd brought it up to her.

"The advantage of being a fire legacy...is that you never have to worry about your food getting cold." His face was dead serious...for all of two seconds...then all of his laughter that he'd been attempting to hold back whooshed out of him in a orchestra of laughter. His face was alight with joy, and, for once in the last decade or so, he felt safe and content.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 am

"The disadvantage to being me is that you almost never use your powers," Lyra said thoughtfully. It was true too. Oh sometimes she would summon a handful of blue-white flames for company, but whenever she used her powers, it was for one purpose only and that was killing. She grinned at him, trying to keep the mood light. She had never seen him so carefree and it was a nice change. He was more... human. "So that's the advantage of you being a Legacy of Fire."

Lyra winked at him and bit into the bread. Oh wow, it was a lot better than she had expected from an inn. The cook must be the one keeping the business afloat, if not the promise of shelter that being in a man-made building offered. She felt safer in more natural surrounds with less people, having always been paranoid... and the encounter with the stranger hadn't helped. Still, she needed to focus on here and now. Mentally frowning at her scattered mind, she hardly realized that her usually neutral face expressing happiness for the first time since she had been a small child.

Her eyes twinkled at him. "If you keep me grinning so hard, my face is going to be stuck like this," she mock complained, voice sounding amused with herself. "I don't think I've smiled so hard since Alrog tried to give a lecture to a squirrel." Oh Alrog, she wondered where he was now. He was a brilliant bard, even if he acted a tad crazy sometimes. Smiling fondly at the memory, she took another bite of bread. Wherever the older man was, she hoped that he was safe and happy.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:55 am

He rolled his eyes in mock annoyance, "Yes...there is ONLY one advantage to me being a fire legacy..." The warrior smirked and noted that Lyra seemed genuinely happy.

"If you your face gets stuck like that...it wont be my fault...it's YOUR face, not mine..." Erin didn't know who Alrog was, but picturing anyone attempting to give a lecture to a squirrel would still put a goofy grin on anyone's face, and so it was with the great and mighty Erin Wolf, as he imagined people trying to lecture a squirrel; the people, frustrated at the squirrel's blatant lack of respect, and the squirrel not caring the least what the humans were telling it, as it was more focused on the acorn in its paws. He resisted a grin at the ridiculous scene he conjured up. He decided to share it with Lyra. He waved his hand over the now empty bread bowl and tiny humans made of fire appeared and sitting before them was the "rude" squirrel that was so intent on cracking his nut...the acorn that is...

The warrior chuckled as he animated the little flame-people and had them all shout and grumble at the disrespectful mammal before them, and through it all the fuzzy fellow sat and gnawed away at his frustratingly delicious nut.

Erin looked to the elf girl. "Yeah bread warming is my only use as a fire legacy..." He made the fiery fur ball give up on cracking the nut and instead run off towards the warrior. The fire-squirrel dashed up his arm, leaving tiny ash-prints as it ran, and took a lock of his hair in its hands and began to chew on that instead.

Erin grumbled, 'Fire is alive and has am ind of its own now and then, as you can see..." He smiled and left the burning squirrel to fiddle with his hair.

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 am

Lyra laughed at the antics of the fire squirrel, and leaned over to gently brush the ash off his arm. His skin was warm to the touch, as if the fire burned within as well as without him. She looked amused. "If your hair bursts into flames, I don't know if I'll laugh or scream..." She chuckled, then became more serious.

"My dad died when I was still small and I've next to no memory of him. Alrog was who raised me. He was a traveling bard, even though he was so talented that he could have been employed by kings. He didn't want that though, he wanted to be his own person. He didn't want to belong to anyone other then the Goddess." She chewed thoughtfully before continuing. She hadn't expected to find herself telling him any of her past. "One day, as we were passing through Sylvia, he unpacked his lyre for a little music." A smile flitted across her face. "I remember we stopped at a stream to fill our water skins and he turned his back on his instrument for less than minute. When he turned back around, there was a squirrel chewing on the strings." Oh, Alrog, he had always been a little off. "After rescuing his lyre, he yelled at the creature for ten solid minutes and didn't speak a word for the rest of the week." She chuckled softly. "I wish I knew where he was now," she said absently.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 pm

The warrior looked at her sadly....if this was a truth-telling session...

"I watched my father burn and die in the rubble of our home...my brother was cut down trying to save my life and i had barely said a nice word to him before that day...my mother burned to death trying to protect the children from a nearby school that night and my other brother was turned into a pincushion for crossbow bolts...I brought Endar to its knees through selfishness and ignorance..." He sighed and looked away...those horrid memories rushed back to him...the screams...the smells...the stinging of his eyes from all the smoke...he saw himself, again, reaching towards his father's hand...his father's last words...the ring he'd stolen...he was six...

Erin shuddered uncontrollably...he was reliving all those moments...the pain...the fear..the loneliness of being an orphan, lost and hungry, wandering the dark places of Caligo. He saw himself crying in the dark of an dank cave...he remembered the joy of having his first pet...Shadow...who had been no more than a pup abandoned in the cave...Erin closed his eyes and tried to shut out the terror of the night he gained his powers...the night felt his soul burn in fires hotter than hell as his blood burned like fire and his eyes glowed like flaming embers...He felt him self seize and claw the mud in front of the goddess's shrine...he screamed for his parents..for his brothers...for anyone to stop the pain...no one came... he screamed in pain until he collapsed in unconsciousness in the mud...alone and on fire...he was ten...

He saw the hurt in his eyes when everyone he met shunned him...his eyes had seemed to be gateways into death...his words harsh...his only companion was an abandoned dire wolf ...his only comfort was the sword he woken with when he received his powers...he trained day and night...his life consisted little more than scrounging food from the trash heaps behind inns before he was run out of town, and avoiding being a meal for vampires...he was twelve

He shook in anger as he saw a family murdered in cold blood and their child forced into slavery...he had personally dismembered the three slavers and left them to rot in the night...he spent the night screaming in shock at his own depravity...he was fourteen...

Erin was weeping openly now...he collapsed on the cot...tears streaming...He kept seeing his father's face...and the blood...all the the blood...his father's blood... Erin passed out...
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:20 pm

Whoa... She certainly hadn't expected that. Lyra had heard of Endar, after all, who hadn't? It's tale of destruction was legend, even if it had happened fairly recently as far as time went. While she was shocked at what he had told her and even more so at the eventual result of the sad tale, she had gone too far to reject him now. Whatever he had done was in the past and she could easily tell that the scars had in no way faded. They were still there, lurking just beneath the surface. It was little wonder to her now why he was so outwardly cold, so dark, and so forbidding. He would likely spend the rest of his life trying to make amends for what he had done. She felt sorry for him, but that pity did not extend so far as to not hold him accountable for his actions. Despite this, her opinion of him hadn't changed. He was still Erin... the simple matter of finding out his past didn't change that.

Feeling numb, she cleared the plates away, taking them downstairs. When she got back, Erin was still unconscious. She sighed. This wasn't what she had intended. Crossing to where he lay on the cot, she pulled the thin, wool blanket over his body, careful not to wake him. With what had just happened, he deserved what sleep he could get. She looked at him sadly, guilt eating at her. Ah well, there wasn't anything that she could do about it now. She would just have to fix the mistake as best she could in the morning.

Lyra was wary however. What with the strange man wanting to room with them, she didn't feel safe. At all. Going to sleep was the last thing that she had in mind, so she decided to keep watch. She sat on the floor, back to the wall, watching the door. A blue-white flame flickered to life in her hand, reflecting onto her face and filling it with eerie, blue light. Constantly having to run from various assassins had taught her one important thing, and that was to empty her mind. So it was that she was able to block off all train of thought and only focus on the task at hand. Otherwise, her mind would have been buzzing with questions and pondering. Brown eyes alert and posture rigid, she waited and watched.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm

There was one close call when Lyra went downstairs, but Ro'car had managed to remain unnoticed. He creeped towards the door of her and Erin's room, cupping his hands around his ear and placing them against the door. He heard nothing.

Took them long enough, he thought, It seems like they're finally asleep.

Although he would never admit it, Ro'car was nervous. This was, after all, his first attempt at burglary. Sure, he had stolen food from market stalls as a kid, but this was way different. Back then, it was about speed. Now, it was about stealth. Ro'car almost would have preferred that his payment be for killing them and getting away as fast as possible. But, Erin made him cautious. Even more so than he would be otherwise.

That man has a more dangerous aura than anyone I've had the misfortune to meet. I've slewn 10 guards on my own with ease, and even been in open battle when I was running with the Falling Star company, yet I still hesitate to fight him. And then there's that elf. She seems pretty timid, but women have that way of hiding their emotions when it suits them. But, if she really is a thief, she shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Ro'car knew he was over-calculating his situation. He had all night, so why not analyze everything? But, sooner or later, he knew he would have to act. He grabbed a knife from a pouch on his upper chest, and poked it into the gap between the door and its frame. He guessed that, being a common inn, all he'd have to do was flip the latch holding the door closed. Ro'car lifted the knife up, and it slipped from the latch. Hands shaking, he inserted the knife again, and managed to flick the tool upwards fast enough to open the door. Slowly he pushed the door open, wincing as it made a quiet squeak on its hinges.

What surprised Ro'car the most wasn't that Lyra was sitting in the middle of the floor, watching the door. It was the flame burning in her hand.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dangit! Forgot color again!)
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Lyra saw the door open, heard the hinges creak. She could have woken Erin, but she didn't. Her eyes affixed upon the door, she smiled cruelly. So, she had been right to suspect that something was amiss. The dark brown eyes underneath a incredibly short hair in a hard, masculine face told her who she was dealing with. It took her less than a second to recognize the man from earlier. His eyes were wide with surprise, staring at the blue flames in her hand. For once, wasting energy that could have been stored in the amulet had proved to be a good thing.

"I knew you would come," she said. Her voice was quiet, but it seemed to fill the air with a whisper of power. It was hard and cold and it sounded out of place, coming from her. "Unless you have a death wish, I suggest retracing your steps. Now." Her voice had a hard edge to it when she said the last word. Lyra had no qualms about killing him if that's what it came down to, but she would rather give him a chance.

Last edited by WolfGirl on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ah! Grammar!)
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm

A bead of sweat fell down Ro'car's face, and he struggled to maintain a neutral expression. He stayed where he was, crouched and immobile. Being a tribal horseman, he didn't exactly have any knowledge of or experience with magic. He had no way of knowing if the flame the woman held in her hand was some sort of parlor trick, or if was actually a weapon that could kill. He wasn't even sure if it was a flame.

Fhist*, I shouldn't have approached her in the first place. I made her suspicious, and she was waiting for me to come. Well, I might as well take one last chance...

Ro'car tightened his grip on the knife. He whispered, "If you move at all, you'll find a blade lodged in your chest before you can scream."

To be honest, he wasn't even sure if Lyra didn't have some mystical power that would render his mortal weapons useless. All he knew was that she would likely as not kill him as soon as his back was turned. At the current time, standing his ground was the best option.

OOC: Fhist is a tribal swear that roughly translates as your horse throwing a shoe while you're attempting to catch a particularly quick animal.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I just now realized that he was already holding a knife. Grabbing a different one would be kinda redundant.)
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Lyra's cruel smile didn't waver. She rose to her feet painful slowness, keeping her cold eyes on him. Faster than thought, she released her will on the fire she was holding and it flickered out, plunging them into darkness. As it did so, blue energy erupted around her form. Her expression was calculating as she stared at him. It would be a lot easier to kill him, but his death would be a painful one and she didn't like being the reason for other people's suffering.

"No," she said with deadly sincerity. "You aren't going to kill me. Erin wouldn't rest until you were dead and I doubt that's a fate anyone would want to have." She studied him coldly. "Now, I believe that we find ourselves at an impasse." She knew what he was after; the amulet. Curse it. "You want something that I have and I cannot give it to you."

Erin had to be a heavy sleeper, not to have been disturbed yet, but he wasn't her concern right now. She could deal with the little thief herself...

Lyra took a step forward.

ooc: If you're in an evil mood like me right now, I suggest he snaps and throws the knife at her shoulder so that we can get Wolf into the RP and because I don't want to kill Lyra just yet.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Ro'car was definately beginning to panic.

Fhist, this is bad, this is...

Ro'car stopped himself mid-thought. They had been talking for roughly a minute, and both of them were still alive. That was the first good sign. The second wasn't so much a good sign as Ro'car's ignorance of magic. At best, he had seen a few enchanters and the like performing tricks in a town square to distract specators while his associates picked pockets. Since she hadn't actually burned him or anything in the room, he assumed that Lyra fell into this category as well. Then his pride kicked in.

Ro'car stood up. "Woman, you think to threaten me with my life? You think I haven't noticed you cower at the first sight of a stranger? This is a fine act, a very convincing one, but this ends now."

He lifted his knife above his shoulder, and flicked it foreward, aiming for her chest. However, his hands were still shaking somewhat, and the weapon's trajectory led it towards Lyra's shoulder.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Panick to panic)
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:42 pm

An animalistic snarl tore from Lyra's throat as the knife slammed into her left shoulder. That was okay though, she had taken worse blows and it was her right arm that she needed. She made no move to remove the knife, it was better to leave it in place until she could properly see to the wound. The knife was obsidian, which was why she wasn't dead yet. For this, she was grateful, because she couldn't afford to die just yet. She had a mission and a duty to carry out, not just to her people, but to realms. This was a war that could not be fought alone.

Her arm was on fire, it felt like, but she forced it back. Gritting her teeth, she blinked the pain from her eyes and refocused. The thief still had to be dealt with and she wasn't about to let him escape without making him pay for what he had done. Blood soaked her shirt, ran down her arm. Warm and sticky, it flowed steadily from the wound and refused to stop.

Her face twisted with pain for a brief moment, but then her hard mask shut down all emotion. She laughed coldly and at the quality of her voice, one would has assumed she was utterly insane. "Fiery little b@st@rd, aren't you?" she snarled. Loathing dripped from her voice and her icy glare was scorching.

This called for retaliation, despite whatever she thought. Lyra held her hands about a foot apart and blue white fire flared between them. Her left shoulder screamed its agony in protest, but she ignored it. She could deal with the pain later. Dropping her left arm, her right raised the ball of fire and threw it at the man. White sparks burned in its wake as the living ball of fire shot towards him.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Raising his voice was the LAST thing Ro'car should've done....

Erin stirred. His eyes snapped open and he was up, blade in hand, by force of habit. He took in the situation with but a cursory glance.

He stood and pointed at door behind Ro'car. The doorway was blocked by a wall of flames. Erin grabbed Lyra with one arm and held his sword with the other. He glared at Ro'car.

"IF THE ELF DIES...YOU WILL TOO....ONLY, EXPECT YOUR DEMISE TO BE MUCH LONGER!!" Erin's voice shook the room and sparks were now crackling in his hair. Erin placed her gently on his cot and then turned to face the attacker.

" Do you know how long it takes for a red hot grain of sand to make it all the way through your body after you swallow it?? No?? LETS FIND OUT!!" Erin advanced menacingly, his weapon up and ready to run the thief through at a moment's notice...
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 pm

Lyra refused to be treated like a child, or at least something that would break unless it was treated very carefully. She got back to her feet and moved to stand beside Erin, flashing him a look of defiance. She wasn't bothering to hide her anymore, and somehow, the energy cloaking her soothed her wounded shoulder. Her hands filled with searing blue fire, matching the anger in her eyes. Her cold face was cruel without pity. She looked, for all the world, like a demon straight from nightmare. And maybe she was. Lyra was a Legacy and strictly speaking, she probably should have been dead by now. Unless there were marvelous forces conspiring to keep her alive for some certain future doom, she wouldn't have been alive right now. Lyra's fate would not to be a happy one, not for her, but it would be vitally important when the time came. For the moment, however, here she was. The why would only be understood in years to follow.

ooc: Lawl, tiny post.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:39 pm

OOC: Obsidian would be an awful material to make a knife out of, especially if you want to throw it. But, unless Lyra's wearing armor, which I don't think she is, the material will make little difference.

Ro'car dived out of the way to avoid the fireball, and barely even registered that the doorway had just become engulfed in flames. But, he felt the heat of the fireball. He knew this was no trick.

Whoever these monsters are, fighting my way out is definately not an option.

Ro'car stood again, careful to keep room between him and the others. "I can see that you two are clearly powerful mages. I am truly shocked that songs of your power are not sung throught the land. Especially you, milady. Do tell me, why is it that you need this violent brute of a man guarding you at all times, when you have proven yourself more than capable of defending yourself from scum such as myself?"

Considering the circumstances, Ro'car thought his performance was rather charming.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Lyra's face was burning, but her voice was cold and steady. "Because I have little to no control over his actions," she snapped. She could have strangled the fool right then, but she didn't. Great. Now things were going to be awkward between her and Erin if he chose to reference his words later.

She shot a quick glance at Erin, then forced her attention back to the intruder. Voices could be heard in the other rooms. Muffled curses and complaints turned into screaming. She swore savagely. As long as they were careful, the fire wouldn't spread, but the common person would know no such thing. They had to end this business before things took a turn for the worse. Judging from the way things were going, worse was exactly where things were heading.

"Get your slimy self out of here before I seriously hurt you," Lyra snapped at him. Stiff legged and furious, she took a step forward. Her shoulder was really killing her by this time, but she didn't dare take her eyes off the man. He was looking far too pleased with himself for her liking.

ooc: Lawl, help! Too many tabs! Embarassed Character I'm RPing with on another site's got a knife of that material, so I got muddled. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Ro' car saw Lyra lose her composure, if only slightly. He knew that he had judged her correctly. He turned his attention to Erin, looking for flaws to exploit.

He contemplated, The man is fierce, but he seems to have quite the protective streak in him. Assuming that these two aren't a married couple, I might just be able to talk my way out of this. Or, at the very least, wait until the inkeeper bursts through the door wondering why someone set the building on fire.

Ro'car retained his calm composure, continuing on with his gambit. "And you, good sir? What were you thinking, passing out asleep and forcing this woman to guard the door for you? Look, she has gotten herself injured by a suspicious stranger, all because you were unable to protect her. Furthermore, why did you bring her to this desolate, dangerous place? I can see that you love her deeply, but why put her in such danger? "
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Erin frowned. What was this fellow trying to accomplish? Besides his own death? Erin wasn't much for bandying words anymore. He walked up to Ro'car and held the tip of his sword an inch from the silver tongued thief. "Okay...let's try this again..." Erin growled and the sword point glowed red hot. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???" Erin had self-consciously placed himself in front of Lyra. "Leave her out of this!" Erin disliked him, one, for stabbing her, two, baiting her, and three, questioning his honor and his feelings for Lyra. Erin realized there was a central reason for disliking him...He was upsetting Lyra...

"Drop your weapons and put your hands up or you WILL DIE!"

If this fellow wanted a fight, he had it...

Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Now's my chance!

Ro'car, quick as lightning, grabbed a knife from behind his shoulder, and brought it around in a quick arc. The blade clashed with Erin's sword, moving it a precious few inches away from his throat. In the split second of distraction this attack gave Ro'car, he grasped yet another knife with his free hand, and hurled it at Erin's exposed face.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Time seemed to slow down. This was Erin Wolf, more than a master at combat...he let go of his sword.

He saw the tip come towards him. He bent back, his body going concave, and as the blade missed him by a hairs breadth, he grabbed the mercenary's lower arm with his left hand. His right hand slid along Ro'car's arm towards the hand and knocked the blade from the thief's grip. Erin grabbed Ro'car's wrist with his right and used his left to ram Ro'car's elbow in towards his body. The effect was sickening. The elbow snapped like a dry limb. Erin knocked the man to the ground. The warrior was furious. Lyra had been stabbed, he had been attacked, and this fool, thought he could weasel his way out of this? Not likely.

Erin snatched up Deathblade and raised it high overhead, crimson flames swirled about the argent blade like like a maelstrom and the warrior's face was darkly delighted. "Fool...I am your nightmares' worst dream! I am the flames behind all the shadow and smoke! A petty thief seeks to test me? Hah, you are not a challenge...you're joke. And I am about to give you the punchline...once and for all!" Erin began to trace Ro'car's chest with the burning blade...he was burning his emblem, the howling wolf into the thief before killing him... "Meet the gate-keeper to hell!" Erin was about to take Ro'car's head off now...He grinned and the flames seemed to grow with the warrior's morbid satisfaction, the firelight played eerily off Erin's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Ro'car was strangely calm, considering that a particularly violent fire legacy was burning an emblem on his chest and preparing to decaptate him.

Well, this is a slightly more pathetic death than I had imagined, Ro'car thought, I die far away from home in a cold wasteland by a pyromaniac monster, all for the lure of gold. So that's who I really am.

Fortunately for Ro'car, and somewhat unfortunately for the innkeeper, the divines did not see it fit to allow Ro'car to die at that moment. The owner of the establishment, groggy and dressed in a long flannel nightshirt, stumbled his way upstairs. He was no stranger to late night scuffles, but he was utterly unprepared for what lay before him. At first sight of the blazing doorway, he exploded with rage.

"What in seven hells are you doing to my inn?" the innkeeper bellowed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Human Village and the Journey To   A Human Village and the Journey To - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Human Village and the Journey To
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next