Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Cave on the Sea

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:33 am

Shard wasn't exactly sure what Sparrow was planning when she was handed Metias's reins, but it whatever it was, she had a feeling it was going to be spectacular. Shard did her best to lead the horse out of the tunnel, but the stallion disliked being led by a stranger. After a few moments of struggle, Metias, Lyssa, and Shard finally managed to exit the cavern.

Then Katherine unleashed a whirlwind. The wind screamed deafeningly, and Shard instinctively raised her hands to her ears. Dust and flecks of ice whirled around her, and she saw the ghosts crushed under a wave of air so compressed it distorted what was behind it.

I'm surprised she could stand after something like that, let alone sprint, Shard thought, as Sparrow fell unconscious a few feet away. Aloud, she asked Ursa, "This cave has an amazing ability to knock people unconscious, doesn't it?"

The bear gave a short roar as her only response. Shard looked at the sky, and realized that evening was already approaching. They had spent almost an entire day exploring that cave. The rocky beach they were on was no place to set up camp, and Shard doubted they would be able to find a suitable path up the cliffs before the sun set. At least, not with two members of the party unconscious. After that, trying to climb those walls on unfamiliar trails would be suicide.

I guess I could try making a path, but it would be a struggle to make one that could support three people and two beasts of burden, leading them up it at the same time. If we weren't all unconscious...wait, Sparrow did manage to wake us up one time before. But how?

Shard looked through Metias's saddlebags, searching for something of use. Suddenly, a jolt of energy ran up her arm. Her first instinct was to draw her hand back, but she realized it wasn't painful, so much as re-invigorating. She felt wide awake in spite of their desperate escape just moments before. She closed her fist around the object, and pulled her hand out of the bag. It was, in fact, one of the gems Sparrow had shown her earlier.

Shard assumed that the jewel was what had woken her up before. After all, grabbing it had made her feel just as she had when she woke up in that map chamber. She unloaded Katherine and Lyssa from Sparrow's horse, and did her best to move them into a sitting position. She placed the gem in each of their hands, closed their fingers around it, and then replaced the gem where she had found it. She kept watch over the two, while scanning the cliffs for any possible route of travel should the jewel fail to work.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:54 am

Lyssa's eyes flicker open; once, twice, then they stayed open. She had a slight headache, but other than that she felt regenerized. The Spirit legacy looks around at her surroundings. Katherine was still sound asleep and Shard, from what it looked like, was just staring blankly at the cliffs. Lyssa shivers a little, her clothes were still a bit wet, the other ice. It felt like she was wearing a suit of iron armor.

Lyssa struggles to rise to her feet under the weight of her icy clothes. 'I will be right back.' she whispers to Shard, not wanting to awake Katherine. The girl then turns around and starts walking into the forest near the group. Hopefully her little shack was still there. She prays to every god and goddess she knows that it would still be there. She soon dissapears, camoflauged by the forest cover.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Lyssa walks into her little shack. Thank goddess it was still there. She slowly opens the door, being ever more careful to watch her step. She was still a bit shaken from all of the traps in the cave. She lights a small torch with pieces of flint and steel, and looks around her. It was just how she left it two days ago. Well that was good...vert good. Lyssa starts rummaging through a trunk in the corner, looking for clean and more suitable clothes. She comes up with a wool body cover ,then a pair of black leather 'pants'. A 'shirt' made out of wool, then on top of it all a suit of lightweight armor that she had thought she would never use. The armor was made of iron, but it was still pretty light.

Lyssa quickly throws off her old, damp and ice covered clothes, then suits up in the new clothes she found. It was much warmer, and the girl felt much more protected with a layer of iron covering her body. The only thing her armor didn't cover was her head, but that didn't really bother her that much. She finds a small sack, and grabs some supplies that she had left in the shack. Flint and steel fire starters, some frozen meat, and extra clothes. A smile now on her dirt blotched face, Lyssa starts making her way back towards the camp where the others were.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Once Lyssa approaches the camp, she sits down on a tree that had convienently fallen in the spot. She looked like a totally different person. Before she looked like a small girl that was helpless. Now she appeared a bit more muscular and had a hardened expression on her face, the same of an adventurer. She felt like one too. Looking at Katherine, she asks Shard a stupid question. 'She is still sleeping?'
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Indeed Katherine still hadn't woken. Her right arm lay out a an odd angle and you could see a massive cut on her arm that had stopped bleeding a while back. Her eyes flickered under neath her eyelids. Her hair had come loose from its braid at one point but ,it was in a way you could see pointed elf ears. Sweat beaded her forhead. Metias sniffed her long hair and made a soft worried noise. Indeed something was wrong.

Occ- the ghosts had iron wepons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Lyssa looks down at Katherine, who was still sleeping. She stares at her for a second, but then notices something: her rigt arm seemed sorta out of place. She walks over to Sparrow and crouches down next to the pirate girl, facing her. She takes one look at her arm and notices the cut in it. It was also bent the wrong way. She must have caught it on something and broke it. Lyssa looks back to Shard. 'What do I do?' she asks her.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Shard looked up to see Lyssa return from her adventure. She had hardly even noticed her leave after she woke up. Instead, her attention had been focused on Katherine, who, instead of recovering, had grown feverish. All Shard had been able to get out of her was an incoherent mumble.

I can't believe we even made it up the cliff. If Sparrow hadn't had such a smart horse, we'd still be down there. Now if it could only tell me what is wrong with her.

Shard had had almost no experience with elves, and only slightly more in treating ailments. She reasoned that her wound might be infected, and did her best to wash it off, but she suspected that blood poisoning wouldn't act this quickly.

Shard stood up from her work and asked Lyssa, "Do you know much about medicine? Sparrow's only getting worse." Shard's voice had lost any trace of its usual confidence.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Lyssa looks up to Shard. 'We need some type of disinfectant. Got any alcohol?' she asks, not at all joking. This was serious. Sparrow could be hurt badly. Lyssa reaches down and grabs the broken arm lightly. It would be a bit easier to do this since Katherine was asleep. With a quick jolt and a loud 'snap', Lyssa snaps the girl's arm back in place. She then takes off her pack, and puts its contents inside the pack on Sparrow's horse.

Taking out her knife, Lyssa lets out a sigh. She had onlt done this once, and she wasn't to successful. She tears the pack to strips, and with some sticks and string that she found in Metias' pack, she creates a makeshift cast. She slowly slides it on Katherine's arm, then fastens it. The cut still showed, which was good so they could clean it out.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Katherines eyes flew open. She imidiatly cried out in pain her back arching.
"It burns!" She thrashed around. "Make it go away."
The poisen from the iron sword that had cut her seeped into her veins... slowly... painfully... like a branding iron on the inside of her skin. Her miss matched eyes glazed in pain...
"Iron," she finaly gasped. "It hurts..." then she sank back into her fevered stupor.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Well, Sparrow is a pirate. She must have brought something along, Shard thought as she followed Lyssa's instruction.

Shard rummaged around in Katherine's saddlebags, eventually locating a silvery flask. Shard took a quick taste, and her mouth was filled with the sweet, dizzying sensation of hard rum. She nearly dropped the flask when Katherine suddenly screamed in pain. Burning...iron...Shard wondered just what was wrong. Shard knelt beside Sparrow, washed out the wound with the alcohol, and double-checked it for any sort if iron that could somehow be caught in it.

"I don't see any bits of metal in her wound, so I don't think that's what she meant when she said 'iron'. It could just be nonsense, but something doesn't seem right. Do you think it could have been the ghosts?" Shard crossed her arms before adding, "In that condition, it'll take about a day to get to the nearest town. I just hope that she can last that long. I can't believe she put herself this close to death, all for a map and two gems."
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Lyssa ponders what could be wrong with Sparrow. She crouches down next to her arm, and inspects her wound. It had a sickly green tone to it, and Lyssa automatically knew what caused it: poison. The spirit legacy wraps a cloth over the wound, tightening it as much as she could without cutting circulation. Once she is done, she stands up and looks down to Shard.

'We need to get her to a doctor. Know any villages around here?' Lyssa asks Shard, praying that the girl would.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:32 pm

"She would be killed on sight," a masculin voice said, his voice rumbled.He was standing scratching Ursa on the head. He had managed to convince the bear he was friendly while Shard and Lyssa were working on katherine. He was studying Lyssa and shard with curiouse blue grey eyes. A sword was at his belt along with several gypsy throwing knives he had aquired on his latest adventure. "And that would be stupid, because she's the only person who could tell you what the map is."
He staired at Lyssa and shard with great intencity. His dark blonde hair ruffled in the wind.

Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Lyssa jumps when a deep voice came from behind her. She slowly turns around, the wind whipping her hair all in her face. She flips it behind her back, then inspects the man who had confronted them. He was taller than all of the three girls, had brownish-blond hair and piercing steely-blue eyes. He was quite intimidating, well, to Lyssa he was.

'Why would she get killed?' Lyssa asks the muscular man. Her voice was just above a whisper, for she wasn't sure if this man was hostile or not. From the looks of it, he could probably pick her up with one arm and throw her a good thirty feet.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:54 pm

The knight regarded Lyssa watching her with mild intrest,"It is not my place to say, lass."
He stopped scratchhing Ursa and looked down at Metais who happened to be sniffing his cloak. He fished a sugar cube out of his pocket and gave it to the horse. "You'll have to take it up with Kitty."
He moved to crouch next to Katherine. He inspected the wound, then shook his head. He took the bottle of rum and sniffed. Gagging he offered it to the horse, who in turn took the bottle between his teeth and downed the rest.
Then he shut his eyes placing his hand on the wound and consintrated. Almost imidiatly Katherines body relaxed and color flooded into her face. There was a crackle and pop of bone as her arm mended. Done he stood, "iron is poisenouse to elves."

Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:53 am

Lyssa stares at the mysterious man with curiosity and fright. Who was he that he could heal people? The Spirit Legacy rises up from her crouching position. The man towered over her; he was maybe six-foot five. He was also jacked. The girl still couldn't decide if this healer was hostile or not. He could just be in a good mood.

'Are you going to kill us?' Lyssa asks the man, her eyes at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Wesley arched an eyebrow. "Do you honestly think I would do that?"
He rocked back onto his heals. "The bear and the horse are creatures of battle who can probiably scence who wants to kill them and their masters. Not to mention I just healed Kitty."
He studied the icy terrain.

Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Shard stood off to the side, unnoticed and listening intently to the conversation. The fact that this new stranger had silently convinced Ursa that he was harmless and watched Lyssa and her, unnoticed, made her suspicious. Either he was one of the most trustworthy people that had ever crossed her path, or he was using some sort of magical trickery.

What did he call Sparrow? Kitty? He must know her. The only question is from where. Either way, she's healed now. If he had't shown up, we probably would have killed her. We can only assume that he's here to help.

After a moment spent planning her actions, Shard decided to thank Wesley. True, he could use magic, but he seemed too young and good-natured to fit any threatening profile Shard could think of.

Shard jumped into Lyssa and his conversation, adding, "Thanks for healing her. We apparently don't have much experience with elves. If you hadn't come along, there's a good chance Sparrow would be dead. Anyway, I'm Shard. I see you've already gotten to know Ursa." Shard reached over and threw her arm over the polar bear's thick neck.

Just as she was about to shake the stranger's hand, something clicked in her head. "Wait," Shard started, "You said we'd need her to know what the map was. How did you know about the map? How long have you been watching us?"

Last edited by Wrathanet on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor typo)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Wesley stood drawing himself to his full height. Not in a menicing way, he just didn't believe in slouching. Like with Lyssa he studied Shards face with steely blue eyes. They had a warmth about them. They definatly weren't crule or cold.
"Pleasure to meet you Lady Shard tamer of mighty polar bears." He inclined his head as if debating what to say next. "For about five to ten minutes I was standing there. If you listen to rumors in town anyone could figure out there was a map in there. Your reaction told me that you had it." He spread his hands, when he did that anyone could see he was wearing armor underneath his cloak.

Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Tamer of polar bears, Shard thought, amused, I think I might just get along with this guy. She decided to banter with their guest for a little while.

Shard told him, "If anyone deserves that title, it's you. She adopted me, not the other way around. Anyway, you said you heard about the map from rumors? I take it you're an adventurer too. It must be one special map for you to have come all the way out here to find it. Or, did you come for Sparrow? Hoping to come charging in and save the day, maybe?"

Shard had noticed Wesley straighten himself up and reveal his fine armor, but wrote it off as a man trying to impress the three women he suddenly himself amongst.

Last edited by Wrathanet on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Another typo)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Wesley let loose a crooked grin. "I assure you that I have tamed wilder beasts. Therefore I have no need of that title. You on the otherhand have managed to gain a polar bears trust and that is no small feat."
His hands vanished underneath his cloak again. "I have news about Katherines family. It is not good news I'm afraid." he said the last bit in a sad tone. "But I am no adventurer. You can hear about the map in myths and legands regarding the orb."
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:21 pm

"So you do know her. Well, it's a shame that you're not an adventurer; I was in the mood for a few good stories," Shard replied.

Shard turned around, finding a bare patch of dirt a few feet away. Share did her best to scrape together some kindling. She then pulled a piece of flint and a small steel knife from her pack and struck sparks into the pile of wood. Early on when she had travelled out on her own, she had tried to start a fire with her dagger, but the blue steel refused to make a spark. The truth is, Shard had no idea of the true nature of her weapon, Hearthsbane, or even it's proper name. All she knew was that it somehow made it easier to use her powers.

Shard turned back around and asked Wesley, "So how soon is Sparrow supposed to wake up?"
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Lyssa watched Wesley the whole time he was chatting with 'The Tamer of Polar Bears'. She felt small, being butted out of the conversation. She slowly walks away from the two and, with her back to them, sits down on the ground. She concentrates on small, fallen branches from trees and makes them form into a small pile in front of her. She then reaches into her pack and pulls out flint, steel, and a small canteen of oil.

The spirit legacy sprinkles a little bit of oil on the twigs, caps the canteen, then starts scratching away at the flint and steel. After four tries, she had a small fire in front of her. She brings her knees up to her chest, sucking in as much warmth as she could. She listened a little to Shard and Wesley's conversation, picking up loose strands of words here and there. With a sigh, she lowers her head onto her knees. Her mind was swarming with sad thoughts, but she did her best to keep them hidden.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 pm

"I was awake the whole time," Katherine said pushing herself to her feet. Wesley felt felt her emotions and from that guessed her intentions. She marched right up and punched him in the nose. Hard. He felt it brake. Her anger boiled over as she called him several foul names and was extersizing controll in not blow him into the sea. Then cooling off so fast an ice fairy would envey her she marched away to sit next to Lyssa mumbling under her breath.

Wesley watched her walk away before healing his nose and wiping ioff blood with the back of his hand. He looked slightly amused and was about to say something to Shard when Katherine turned back around.
"You vanish five years ago and saunter back in like the," (insert word of choice here) "you are looking exactly the same and expect to be welcomed back like a hero and have the audacity to call me KITTY!!" she turned back around fuming.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 am

Shard turned her head to face Wesley as he healed his nose. "Good thing you can heal yourself, or she probably would have tried to break your jaw too. I'm assuming you two have quite a history. Don't worry, you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to."

Shard checked her pack, and noticed that her rations were just about out. Not wanting to cheat Ursa, she decided to forage around before it got too late.

"I'll be back once I find some more food. Sparrow, please don't kill..." Shard had realized that she hadn't learned the name of their guest. She asked Wesley, "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 am

"Wesley," He said, not bothering with a last name. Then he moved to sit across from Katherine and Lyssa, fire inbetween.
Katherine glaired at Wesley then stood to pull the map out of the saddle bags. The two gems eminated a soft light so she put them at the corners so she could still read. Carfully she started to exsamine it. First thing notest was it was a land map. She wasnt paying attention to Lyssa and Wesley when she condence airs molecular structure to raise the map and gems into the air. Then out of the pouch around her waist she pulled a compas and another map of the land. She fround at them then they moved to hover in the air next to the map.

"Hey, can you guys come look t this?" She waited untill everyone had come over. "Look at this, the compasrose is flipped." She touched the small drawing of the compass in the bottom left hand corners of the maps. Indeed the north east south and west had become south west north east. "And I don't remember a sea being inbetween Sylvia and Caligo. Any clue what language it is, right here?" She ran a finger around the border of the map.

To her surprise Wesley answered, "its angelic."
At katherines blank expression he said,"the language the goddess is supossed to speak."
"Can you read it?"
"I'm not fluent in it and I don't remember the last time I spoke to a fallen angel," he lied smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Lyssa looks up to meet Wesley's face. Just from his expression she could tell he was lying. He might've sounded comvincing, but he did not look it. He could probably read Angelic writing. She walks up to the Fallen Angel and stands on her toes so she could whisper into his ear.

'You are lying.' Lyssa whispers in Wesley's ear.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Wesley didn't even bat an eye as he leaned over Katherines back to read it. He fround, "it says here something about a gardian of keys, this is a very old dialect, it will take a while to translate."
Katherine snorted,"there was no gardian of anything. What do you think Lyssa?" She twisted around to look at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cave on the Sea
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next