Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Cave on the Sea

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Battery

Battery

A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 am

Lyssa shivered for a second. She hated being the spotlight. She sits back down on the fallen log, back to the others. She thinks about the Guardian of the keys. She had never heard of such a thing.

'I...I don't know.' Lyssa says, flinching away from Katherine.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 am

So Wesley somehow knows how to read angelic writing, Sparrow hates him for some reason or another, and shy Lyssa knows how to call a lie. This is just about the weirdest party I've ever been a part of.

"Well, more often than not, legends about ancient artifacts say something about a guardian. If this map is pointing to some mythical set of 'keys', they can't be too far away from that guardian. I've only seen one other treasure map like this, but I've heard plenty of oral legends. They always say something about some horrible monster that devours any looters, or children, who go off looking for the treasure. Most of the time, it's just a big, angry statue standing behind a table with an old axe on it," Shard said.

Shard put her hands on her hips, thinking. "Then again, if someone wrote this map in angelic, I doubt they were trying to scare kids. There's no guarentee that those keys are actually worth anything, but I think it's worth a try."

Last edited by Wrathanet on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a typo)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 am

Katherine fround again, "Well we can't find any of these keys untill we figure out this."
She tapped the compasrose and the sea. "Untill then we're stuck."
Wesley read a bit of the angelic out loud and shook his head. "We could try a mirror??"
Katherine just looked at him obviously stumped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:33 pm

"You mean like this?" Shard asked.

She held out her hand, as if reaching for a point several feet above the map. A small hailstone formed in midair. A soft crackling emanated from it as more ice crystallized on its surface. Eventually, it formed itself into a small, round plate of glass, with the bottom shining like a polished mirror. Shard held her arm up, concentrating on keeping the icy mirror in place.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Katherine picked up the mirror and held it at an angle over the maps. Then it did a weird thing the two maps started to fizzle.
Katherine yelped as the map they had found vanished.
All that was left was a blank peice of parchment. Katherine looked at the other map and saw three glowing points on it. One of them had fallen dark.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Lyssa stares in awe as the map disintigrates into thin air. She stands on her toes and looks over Katherine's shoulder to look at the newly-marked map.

'It worked.....' was all Lyssa said, then slowly moved back, making sure she was behind Wesley. She was scared of Katherine, and she thought that Wesley would protect her if she said something unpleasing to Sparrow's ears.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Katherine studied the map and shook her head in disbelief. The mumbled something under her breath. "How did you know what to do Wes?"
Wesley looked at her with a blank expression. "How do you think?"
He picked up the ice mirror. "Thanks."
He handed it to shard.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Shard took the icy mirror and tossed it behind her. As it flew, it dissolved into a cloud of snow before it hit the ground. She examined the still-marked map, noticing that the point that had faded was along the coast of Lapidem. Both of the remaining points lay far to the south. One was on top of an extremely lush, green jungle of Sylvia, and the other indicated a spot in the dark, twisted, unknown land of Caligo.

Upon closer inspection, Shard noticed that a small note glowed alongside each point. Even more amazing, the notes that were once strange angelic glyphs reformed and re-arranged to match the writing and language of the map.

Shard read the notes, "It looks like that 'Guardian of the Keys' Wesley was talking about is in Sylvia. The other one, the one in Caligo, is called 'The Gate-forever-sealed'." Shard paused, before adding, "Well, if the map is showing us a door and a key, we should look for the key first."

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to reply)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 am

Wesley nodded and looked at the map. He furrowed his brow, contemplating the possible choices. "The sea is going to be a problem. But I supose we shall get to that point whe the time comes. "
He stood and walked over to the fire. Sitting he stared into it. Deep in thought.. Katherine sighed and rolled up the. Map. Then she put the jems and the map away. Pulling out her zampura, more comanly known as pan pipes. Leaning against the rock she began to play a low haunting melody.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:19 am

Lyssa goes and sits back down on the fallen log. She didn't really pay attention to the other three's conversation. It all made no sense to her. She grabs a stick and starts poking the embers in the blaze. She waits for someone to say something. Maybe she would be able to reply to them instead of being silent and of no use.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Shard settled in for the night, hoping to sort out the path of their journey in the morning. Shard was intrigued by the idea of delving into the jungle in search of a key. She had visited Sylvia, true, but before this moment jungles were scarcely more than a mythical land of man-eating plants and mazes of vegetation so thick that all attempts at navigation were fruitless. But now...now there is a legend to chase after, and others standing by her side.

The frigid Lapidem night passed without event. Just as the sky began to turn a pre-dawn purple, Shard rolled off of the fur she had been sleeping on and went to prepare for their journey.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Lyssa had quickly fallen asleep once everyone had stopped talking. She was exhausted from the day she had been through. It was crazy for her to think that earlier she had been exploring caves and fighting ghosts. It sorta scared her too. What if the ghosts attacked the group while they were all asleep?

Well, the ghosts didn't attack, much to Lyssa's liking. She wakes up to the noise of Shard preparing for the day. 'Morning,' she mutters to Shard as she sits up. Her back was killing her. All she had to seperate her from the ice covered ground was a thin sheet. It helped not one bit, besides keeping her dry. This was going to be an interesting day.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 am

Katherine woke with her pan pipes clutched in her left hand and her cloak draped over her. She stood and walked over to Metias. Rubbing him down with a curry comb with short swipes over his black muscled body.
She looks over his shoulder catching a glimpse of a sleeping Wesley.
"What do you think?" she asked the other two girls.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:59 am

Lyssa wasn't fully awake yet. 'Do you mean the horse or the creepy angel dude?' she asks Katherine, a bit confused. She had to give herself maybe ten minutes to actually wake up. While waiting for the answer, she looks around. The forest looked beautiful with fresh snow blanketing the trees. It was starting to snow now, too. The sky was a mixture of purple, pink, orange, and blue. It looked more like an abstract picture than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Shard couldn't help but smile at the sound of Lyssa's groggy response. She turned away from the saddlebags on Ursa's side and leaned back into the coarse fur of her companion.

"Well, the 'creepy angel dude' doesn't have any problems with keeping secrets, but Lyssa'll keep him in line, right?" Shard joked. "If we're thinking of leaving him here while he's asleep, it's probably not be worth it, even if it would be hilarious. To be honest, I get the feeling the map wasn't the last place we'll be seeing angelic glyphs on this trip, and I definately haven't been keeping up on my studies."

Shard turned to look at Wesley, still asleep. "However, if you were thinking of any other pranks, I'm all ears. Maybe something to wake him up so we can get to town and buy some food," she added.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 pm

OCC- Wesley never said anything about being Nephilim
BIC-
Katherine blinked at the term "Creepy Angel Dude." Then grinned, "He doesn't seem to have an issue with tamer of the polar bears either."
She teased Shard unable to resist. True Wesley was extremely attractive, spoke just about every language, and had awesome muscles but Katherine wasn't attracted to him. He was more of a big brother, it would be like crushing on her adopted brother William... thats just gross.
"But thats not what I was talking about, Don't you thinks its strange he shows up out of the blue? I think he has an angle."
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Lyssa looks over to Wes to see that he was still sound asleep. 'Yeah. He sorta showed up right when we needed some like his help. And we should pull a prank on him,' she says, now standing. She does a couple stretches, then starts rummaging through the bag that she had taken from her small shack. 'I have some frozen meat, if someone wants to start a fire,' she says.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 pm

"Doesn't that bother you though?" She asked softly. "Not knowing what people you don't trust are more powerful than you in multiple ways? That they could do something to you with a flick of their wrist."
She said this last part very quietly so only her horse could hear.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Lyssa managed to pick up the last bit of Katherine speaking. She looks up so their eyes meet. 'Are you saying he could destroy us all in an instant?' she asks her, her voice now awake and energetic. She felt much better now that she had had some time to wake up.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Katherine looked at Lyssa, "Wesley wouldn't but others could. You never answered my questions."
Her diamond studs winked in her ears and her eyes held a strange expression in them. Then she ducked behind Metias cleaning out his hooves and pulling stuff from his underbelly.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Lyssa shrugs. She never heard Katherine ask her anything. Or maybe she was just busy lacing up her boots and didn't hear her. 'What was the question?' she asks her, flinching away.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

"I was asking if you not knowing Wesley's intent bothered you," She said softly feeling guilty for making the girl flinch away from her. "It bothers me."
She started on Metais' back hooves.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Lyssa wonders about this for a second. 'Well....I guess it is a bit odd that he just randomly appeared here. Does he want something from us? Did we do something to upset him? Or is it the map?' she asks to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Katherine shrugged her shoulders, attempting to show the fact she didn't know. Her long brown hair curled around her shoulders and her mismatched eyes scanned her surroundings. "We could run away with his clothes?" she suggested.
Back to top Go down
Wrathanet
Wrathanet

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Shard was actually surprised by the sudden suspicion.

"Of course he has an angle," Shard said, "Whether it's one we need to worry about is something else entirely. As for being able to kill us with a flick of the wrist, anybody with a knife and good aim could do the same. Just sleep with one eye open, and try to use others' angles to your advantage."

Shard pushed herself off of Ursa's side, and walked towards Wesley and his belongings. She looked over her shoulder, and said in a slightly hushed tone, "You know, if Wesley really was the type to destroy us with a thought, this probably wouldn't be the best idea."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cave on the Sea   A Cave on the Sea - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cave on the Sea
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next