Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue Mission

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

Rescue Mission  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Lyra let out a soft exclamation and followed Jennifer out onto the trek. Dante. There was no mistaking the daywalker lying so still on the hard ground. Blood pooled slowly from his left side and his breathing was ragged, labored. It was a good thing that she had a high tolerance to pain and injury; otherwise she would probably find herself sick to her stomach. However, she was used to this sort of thing, and the first thing she did was check for any other injuries. She found a few bruises and scrapes, but nothing so bad as the wound in his side. It was bloody, but she hoped that was all. Lyra got up and searched the mare’s saddlebags, locating a water skin with no trouble. She poured some onto her hand and splashed that onto the wound, cleaning off the blood so that she could get a really good look at it. She could see the white of bone and torn muscle looking back at her, but it wasn’t immediately life threatening.

She looked up to see where Jennifer had got to after she had felt Dante’s forehead, but the vampire had turned away and was stroking the mare, trying to calm it down she assumed. Two other horses stood by her: a warhorse, the mare, and a gelding that she recognized from the Gipsy camp. That was good, because if the horses wandered, they could lead others to their location or alert foes to their presence.

The Elf didn’t want to risk moving Dante, for the bleeding was near stopping now and only a thin trail ran out of the sword cut, at least, that’s what she figured it was. Lyra remembered when Erin had cauterized her shoulder wound with a shudder. No, she didn’t intend to put Dante through that. Plus, cauterization was only used as a last resort, for it seldom worked. Instead, she rolled him onto his side so that he wouldn’t drown if there was internal bleeding or if he happened to throw up later, and settled for looking for a certain plant.

Mint grew in moist, cool, shady areas, even though it could tolerate high sunlight. By the beaten trek where patches of sunlight would fall in the morning, she found just what she was looking for without having to leave Dante’s side. Mint both fought possible infection and also treated pain, which would both work in Dante’s favor. Because it was so sharp, she diluted the poultice with more water than she ordinarily would have, for she didn’t want to hurt him. With that done, she carefully applied it to the area and bound it in place with a strip of cloth from her dress. She felt his forehead again, noting that at least he wasn’t feverish. He felt frigid to the touch, but she hoped that that just came from being a vampire…

“Hey,” she said quietly, gently laying a hand on his shoulder. “You still there, Dante?”

Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Dante felt somebody touch his face with cool fingers. To him his body seemed firy hot. Then he realized what the heat was. The medalion around his neck. Glowing with so. Much intencity as it worked. He was perfectly content just to lay there and die... it would be so easy just to let go. Then he heard someones voice. An elf musical and lilting. A bubble of hope built in his chest. Did she find him? He had left clues... vauge but existant. Then it popped as he managed to place a name to the voice. Lyra. He was glad he had found lyra and jennifer but they weren't her...
Dante opened his mouth and said, "no bodys home come back later." His voice was weak but comprehendable.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 pm

"Jenny!" Lyra cried, straightening up, relief flooding her. "C'm here - he's going to be okay."

She wasn't totally sure about that, but he didn't seem to be in any immediate danger of dying either, so she felt that she could say that with relative accuracy and honesty. The Elf turned her attention back to Dante. At least he was conscious and able to speak. But that didn't necessarily mean that he was alright.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" she asked, raising three pale fingers. If he answered wrong, then there was damage that she wouldn't be able to fix.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Dante struggled to bring his vision back into foucus. The effort made him feel light headed. Everything was blurred slightly and their faces swam. He was honestly exausted. "Six?"
He guessed weakly and he blinked slowly in an attemet to make his head stop spinning.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:44 pm

"Damn," Lyra swore under her breath.

Dante had a concussion.

She couldn't fix a concussion.

Please, Jenny, I need a hand, she thought desperately as she looked around for the vampire girl. "Okay," she said, trying to speak calmly and not betray her inner anxiety. "Dante, I'm going to ask you to try to go to sleep... everything will be better in the morning. I promise. But you and we can't go any further tonight."

Lyra didn't know about Jenny, but it had been a week since she had slept last and she was half dead from exhaustion. Even if she wanted to, now that she had sat down, she couldn't go any further tonight. Not even if her life depended on it. Well, maybe then, but that wasn't the point. The point was that she was so tired she could hardly see in front of her, let alone be able to give Dante the care that he needed.

ooc: Wolf_Knight, you're shy of the posting minimum by five words, but I'm going to let this one slide.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Dante watched Lyra and muttered a faint apology. He felt like he should say something. He could tell she was worried. Then he managed to sit up. He could feel a brused jaw coming on and his shoulder hurt were he had landed on it. Gingerly he lifted his shirt and saw the cut. He blinked several times and then he dropped the shirt.

Ooc- sorry. The baby chicks got out and I had to go catch them.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:00 pm

"Dante," Lyra groaned through a yawn. "Lay back down or you could make yourself worse..."

Her words were becoming less distinct, more muddled and blurred together as she kept talking. Darkness threatened to take her over, but she pushed the shadows back and jerked her mind and body. No. She couldn't... couldn't... sleep... Not yet. Later, maybe... Not... Not now... Her thoughts moved through her mind at a snail's pace, and as soon as she tried to close in one one, it was suddenly gone, leaving her staring at the blank space behind it. The Elf blinked, but found that it only made it all the harder to open her eyes again. It was hopeless; she was about to pass out.

ooc: A[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Chicks! Give them hugs for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

Location : In a place where chocolate bunnies and vampires still exist

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:22 am

Jennifer stopped stroking the gelding and slowly moved towards Dante and Lyra. She hoped that the scent of blood wouldn't make her bare her fangs. It would be strange if she accidentally attacked Dante, but she knew she could control herself. AS she walked towards them, her feet weighed her down, they felt heavier with every step. She knelt down next to Dante and whispered, "Are you okay?"

Jenny quickly turned her gaze to Lyra who seemed to have a really hard time staying awake. She felt shy around her and didn't want to say a word, but she couldn't leave them both out in the open. "Um, Elf Girl? I think we should stay hidden and not fall asleep out in the open." she said, feeling slightly scared. She didn't mean to offend Lyra, but she didn't want any unexpected attacks right now. Jenny was the only one awake and she knew she couldn't handle anything major.

She looked back at Dante, "Can you stand up or even move?" she asked him in a soft tone. Dante looked like he was in really bad shape and she didn't want to put him through any pain or anything. She stood up and tried to see where they were, but it was really hard to see through all the fog. She thought if they could find cover in a thick part of the forest they would be safe until they needed to move again.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Dante struggled to his feet in responce. He wistled and the mare trotted over. He opened one of the saddle bags. Pulling out the blood sking he uncorked it and drank deeply. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand he looked over at Jennifer with an expression of pure exaustion. Then he walked back over to. Lyra sat. "Give me a few minutes. " he said.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Lyra mumbled something unintelligible. She was so tired... "The side of the road is that way," she murmured, jerking her head to the left. Without another word, she dragged herself to her feet and took a few stumbling steps off the road. As soon as she left the road, she ran smack into a tree and sank down to her knees, body automatically folding and she shut the ground with a soft thump. Within seconds, she was a a sleep like that of the dead.

ooc: Ouch, sorry that one was so short! I'll try to make a longer one next post. :-/
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:05 am

Dante stood and followed Lyra dragging the horses as he did so. When she slammed into the tree dante picked her up without much effort and moved her to a soft pile of grass. Then he covered her in her cloak that he had managed to find in the wreckage of the gypsy camp. Soon dante nodded off to sleap.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 am

Jennifer wasn't tired at all so she decided to keep watch. She didn't want any surprise attacks that could possibly take all of them hostage. She sat down under a tree for a while, but couldn't take all the waiting. She got up, dusted her dress and strolled towards the horses. She started to pat the horses who all seemed to be tired for all the excitement. She decided it would be best if the horses got some rest so she went back to the tree and looked around. Jenny took out her ocarina and started playing a soft melodic tune, she didn't want to wake the others up so she played it very softly.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, didn't know what to post.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Lyra's dream was quick in coming. No sooner had she closed her eyes, than it swept her up into its grasp. And once that had happened, there was no escaping.

She opened her eyes. Bright sunlight hit her square in the face and she blinked, surprised. Usually, her nightmares were dark and twisted; the bright of day tended to avoid her while she slept. Odd. The next thing that she noticed was that she was standing in a clearing with widely spaced deciduous trees and a Wood Thrush was calling. About a hundred yards away, she heard the babbling of a brook as a slow wind rustled through the tops of the tallest trees. Aged brown leaves littered the ground, though it was clearly spring in the dream. A musky scent of warm earth and the clean, friendly scent of the trees.

She was starting to get slightly unnerved by the lack of danger in this dream. Was it a trick? A trap? What was she doing here?

Lyra was about to take a step forward when something caught her eye. She turned her head slightly to the left and saw, between the gap of two aged sycamores, something that made her heart stand still.

It was Erin.

He was walking swiftly passed her, towards the east, following the path made by the rising sun. And as he walked, he didn't even glance in her direction, didn't see her, didn't pause. His eyes were fixed on the distance and his gait was very purposeful; he had someplace in mind and had to get there. She could see it in his eyes, but she herself was trapped. Try as she might, she was unable to move towards him, to call out... and he, for some reason, was unable to see her. Why? What was going on? It was only when he moved out of sight, that she was released.

As soon as she as free, she began to run. Leaves crunched under her feet as she tore after him. And as she ran, her mind screamed: Don't leave me! Branches whipped her face and tangled in her hair. Once she stumbled over a half-rotten log, but she climbed back to her feet and forced herself onward. She could hear, in the distance, someone else running as well. Was he running away from her? She called his name, but there was no answer. Presently, however, she became aware of a sense of being followed. Her sensitive ears could detect the subtle sounds of twigs cracking, branching breaking, and leaves being trod on as something big kept pace just a little ways behind her. Heart banging, she stopped and turned around. The bushes to her left gave a sudden, violent shaking and the branches parted to reveal the head of an enormous wolf.

Lyra's eyes flew open. Breathing heavily as if she had been running, which, in a way, she had, she jerked upright, half expecting to see Shadow standing in front of her. But the road was empty and Dante, Jenny, and the horses were sleeping nearby. Dante's cloak had fallen off of her, which he must have draped over her once she had passed out. Good ole Dante, she had to remember to thank him for his kindness when he woke up.

Jenny was awake, playing a strange instrument that let out a haunting, melodic tune as she blew softly into it. The instrument reminded her vaguely of a flute, though its shape was entirely different. What was it called? It looked familiar, but she couldn't place her finger on it.

"Hey," she murmured to the girl in a sleepy greeting, once she had become a little more awake. "You been keeping watch?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:43 am

Jenny was almost lost in a trance when Lyra had awoken. She hadn't heard her at first, but after she got her bearings the word seemed to ring in her ears. She stopped playing her instrument and looked to Lyra half dazed. She opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out, her mouth felt dry and there was the taste of metal on her tongue. She sat frozen in her position for a few minutes, then blinked it away.

"Sorry." she said in a soft tone. "And yes, I have been keeping watch, but thankfully nothing happened." she told Lyra.

Jennifer put the ocarina to her mouth again and played a short song. Her thoughts raced through her mind as she played, she wasn't even concentrating on the song, it just played naturally. She stopped then turned to the elf girl.

"Who are you?" she asked with a solemn expression.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

As though Lyra's dream was coming true, Shadow's huge head emerged from the underbrush. And he had something in his jaws.

Shadow glared at the others in the group before approaching the elf girl. He held a long object in his teeth. the dire wolf brushed against her before depositing it at her feet. It was a hand and a half sword...a very familiar one.

[NOTE: The hand and a half sword is approx. 5.5' long and has a 3/4" blood channel down the center of the brilliant blade. The guard and pommel is made of a gold allow and the leather bound handle is worn from decades of use. The guard has a large ruby int he shape of a diamond set into the center of it and octagonal ruby set int he gold pommel. The blade, despite being rather old, seems to not have been touched by time, suggesting the weapon is somehow enchanted. One may note that the quality and balance of the weapon is superb and the temper of the steel is like none other. The maker appears to have used elven techniques but tailored them to fit a human, which, in and of itself, is strange, as elves regard their work to be wasted on the slower, weaker, human race. This suggests that the original, and perhaps current, owner of the weapon is not only a friend of elves, but also is such that they had strength greater than most humans, and speed matched only by elves and the like. The weapon smells of fire and ash, of blood and sweat, and of lupine saliva, as it was carried in the maw of the dire wolf Shadow. This is no normal sword. The hilt is stained with some fresh blood that appears to be of human origin. Inscribed on the guard are runes that roughly translate to "Deathblade". A faint outline of a howling wolf emblem can be seen, but it appears worn and has gathered much dirt. There is not much else to note about the weapon.]

Shadow whines as he nudges it with his muzzle towards Lyra.

You know what that is, dont you? It's his...I found it a few miles out. I have been but a few miles ahead of you for a while...he would never surrender this...I think...I think Dracus has him now. Dracus knows that this is one of the few things in existence that can cut him to ribbons...It means that Erin's not dead yet...not yet...cause if he was, then they wouldnt care if he was near Deathblade or not...he can't have more than a few days left...last i saw he could not walk more than a few miles at a time...his eyes were glazed over and his neck was scarred from the amulet around his neck...he's dying now...i do not know what that thing is that they put around his neck but it is killing him. I watched the guards kick him and beat him every night just so they could say that they defeated the great Erin Wolf...if he had an once of strength left he'd have killed them with his chains...he did for the first week...now? It's like he's given up...an empty shell...every night, he lays in a crumpled pile in the mud...they have to force him to eat and drink now...else he'd die of thirst...he simply doesn't have the will or strength to do anything anymore...And every day he suffers...so do i...

Shadow looked at the vampires... Back up? Shadow decided to test the new vampire... the girl, to see what how she'd react.

He turned towards Jennifer and approached, hackles raised and teeth bared.

[NOTE: Shadow is a six foot tall dire wolf. His eyes are gray and could be thought of as winter storms en miniature. His canines are approx. 4" long and his paws are about 5" across. This wolf has shaggy grey fur that seems to shift in color slightly to adapt to whatever environment he is in. Rumors abound about a dire wolf known to travel with a man wreathed in flames. The wolf is said to eviscerate foes in a single swipe of his paw and has been thought to have decimated small squads of armed and armored soldiers on his own. He s thought to have died after a merchant reported seeing a dire wolf matching this description collapse bleeding and near death at an elf-girl's feet. This wolf is thought to be extremely deadly and very dangerous as it is thought to have human-like intelligence.]

Shadow circled Jennifer threateningly and then...

ARRRGHHH!!! ERIN...NO! NOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Shadow collapsed onto the ground writhing like a snake in death throes. His mouth began to foam and he screamed like a wounded animal about to die. His eyes were wild and rolling and he clawed and pawed the ground carving huge furrows into the earth. Shadow's tongue lolled and he thrashed for several moments and then he lay still, his sides heaving as he gulped air.

Shadow stood, shakily... he leaned against the female vampire for support. Dracus...is...torturing him...he just branded Erin's back...and Erin is now dying...SAVE HIM! GO!...i...dont know if i can...stay standing much long...

Shadow collapsed into silence then.

OOC: Just once...to make things interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 pm

The Elf looked at Jenny with a sad smile. "My name is Lyra. As I told Erin before, that is all you ever need know."

And then Shadow emerged from the wood and the world collapsed.

Lyra didn't need to see Erin's sword to recognize Shadow or to know instantly that Erin was in some kind of major trouble. She struggled upright as the broken sword fell at her feet. It had seen recent action and the first thing that hit her was the stench of of blood, fire, and the unmistakable smell of a dire wolf. No human had senses as fined tuned as a Legacy or an Elf, but it was likely that the vampires would be able to pick up on it. The hilt was stained red with fresh blood that had only just begun to dry, suggesting that it couldn't be any more than an hour old at the latest, since it took blood only three to four minutes to dry completely. The thought made her sick at the same time that it filled her with hope. He wasn't dead yet.

Shadow's dark eyes met hers. Their minds were no longer strangers, and she could hear the wolf's telepathic message with startling clarity. It was more distinct than his last one, which had sounded distinctly animalistic. This time, she could have almost confused it with that of a human mind. Almost. In a way, she wished that the message had come from a human throat, because no one could possibly have delivered such grave tidings.

"Shadow," she murmured, taking a step forward towards the gigantic wolf.

No sooner were the words out of her mouth than was her mind rent asunder as a shriek of agony filled her mind and she clapped her hands to her ears, trying in vain to block out the sound. It did no good, for the cry was within and not without. As Lyra stumbled back, Shadow collapsed to the ground and writhed like an animal about to die, flanks heaving and foam flecking his muzzle. What was she supposed to do? She wanted to help him, but how? In her heart, she knew that the only way to take away his pain was to finish what she had started out to do in the first place.

But Shadow came out of it and her resolve solidified. "Can you take me to him, Shadow?" Lyra asked the Wolf. "Please."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Dante's eyes snapped open and he saw Shadow. His stomach sank to the floor something ealts had happened. With a fluid movement he stood, walked over to the great war horse and pulled out a pair of pants, tunic, and a a female's coat of armor. It contained no iron and was made of a strange black metal. He passed the items to Lyra, "I have checked the armor, It is not poisonous to elves. Your going to need all the help you can get. "
The armor was not black magic of any kind, this is what surprised Dante. There was a question hovering in the air. Unspoken. Do you need out help? he asked silently.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 pm

OOC: Erin

Erin lay in the mud, his back brutally burned by the brand Dracus, Lord of the Wraiths, had just merciliessly driven into his flesh. The once great warrior was on his last few breaths and he knew it. He'd always thought he'd go out in a blaze of glory and not lying, bleeding and screaming, in the mud at the feet of his enemy...

He pulled his arm out from under him. "Ugggghh..." He groaned in agony...the amulet, he'd come to realize, was enchanted to a) negate his powers and b) start absorbing his soul...

Dracus kicked Erin and the warrior's ribs grated against one another. The warrior shuddered and closed his eyes as he had a metallic taste flood his mouth. Blood...his blood...he'd bitten his tongue...

"Tie him to a tree...I want to ssse him as he diesss...ssso that the Massster knowsss that the great and oh ssso mighty Erin Wolf died at my mercy!" Dracus's voice was somewhere between a rock scraping rock and the hiss of a serpent...

Erin was bound hand and foot to an old oak and his head rollled forward as he passed into unconsciousness.

OOC: Shadow

The great dire wolf rose again, muddied and weak.

I can take you to him...but by hell's fury...stay out of the way when we reach him...i will take as many of those demon-spawned craven curs i can before I am sent back to the Goddess...As the last soul creature, i will die with glory unlike my weak and unworthy brethren who died after their master's passed on...

Shadow bristled, a new surge of strength born of anger, hate, need, and desparation...

Lyra...dont die...he'd never forgive himself if you died trying to help him...if you have to fight...stay behind me and keep them from surrounding me...else...keep clear...i have called my brothers and sisters from the woods...we are about a dozen strong...some dire and some normal...but all wolves and we all owe Erin something...we are honored to die defending Erin... And you...vampires, He looked at Jennifer and Dante...stay clear of the wraith and the crossbow men...they will destroy you...cover my left and right...i will clear a path to Erin...and then...someone needs to get him free...

Shadow seemed to double insixe and tripple in fierceness. He turned and began to stride off towards Erin...little by llittle wolves joined him...a few here...a few there... a dire wolf or two...and before he knew it...there was a score, not a dozen, of wolves from at least 50 miles around come to aid him.

This would be a battle to remember...
Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 am

"I'll need all the help I can get," Lyra replied to Dante after a moment. She looked down at the superbly crafted armor. Thank you seemed so inadequate, but it was all she could think to say.

It would be more than foolish to refuse his help, or any help of that matter. She and Shadow couldn't bring down Erin's enemies alone. If Erin hadn't managed to save himself, then what chance did she stand? She didn't want to be responsible for anyone's deaths... There was enough blood on her hands as it was. But being stubborn like this was only going to waste time and time was not something that she could afford to loose at the moment. So that was that. If anything went horribly wrong, she would just have to live with her decision. Of course, that was assuming if she survived, which wasn't likely. If Erin's enemies had the power to bring him that close to death, she didn't stand a chance.

"C'mon," she murmured once she had donned the armor. "Let's go."

So saying, the Elf took off after the dire wolf.

Last edited by WolfGirl on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Jennifer looked at the wolf for a moment. She wasn't sure whether to be surprised that it could communicate or that Lyra seemed to trust it a lot. Jennifer frowned at the wolf before it left, Who was Erin? Why do I keep hearing his name? He must be important, Jenny thought as she put her ocarina away. She didn't want to seem too curious so she didn't ask questions. She picked up her coat which was lying on the ground and put it around herself.

Jenny walked behind Lyra as the wolf led the way to someplace where this Erin fellow was. She could figure out why Erin seemed so important, as hard as she though she came to no conclusion. Could he be a prince of some sort? she thought. Why have I never heard of him? Jenny got carried away in her thoughts.

Jenifer turned to Lyra as they walked, "Who is Erin?" she asked in a low tone. She didn't mean to blurt out the name, she thought that others were also searching for him and not to help him.

Last edited by Scarlet Shadow on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Lyra’s stream of consciousness was brought up short very abruptly at Jennifer’s question. She had a hard time of keeping that question out of her own mind, but had so far managed to avoid it. Now, the Elf had no choice but to face it.

Who was Erin Wolf?

Not even Lyra really knew. At least, she knew of him but not the person beyond the name. Not really. Erin was fierce in combat, loyal in friendship and dangerous as an enemy. He was a man of immense power and strength who had been shaped into the person he was today by forces beyond his immediate control: By fear, by old arrogance, repentance, guilt from his past, a desperation to prove himself, and the dominating shadow of his past. Beneath his hard, silver armor there was a good person, there was still a soul worth saving… Wasn’t there? She had only known him a week at the most, but it felt so much longer, even if he had hardly spoken a word to her half the time; he had been jealous of Dante. And didn’t that prove that he was still a person? Despite the fact that he was a Legacy with powers that she couldn’t even begin to fathom, he was still human.

As all this whirled through Lyra’s mind, she finally had to acknowledge something. She hardly knew him at all.

“I don’t know,” she murmured at last. “He serves the Goddess and has more enemies than I have fingers. From what Shadow’s conveyed to me, he’s been captured by wraiths and they’re torturing him to death. Having brought about the fall of Endar, he lives to serve the realms now.” She studied her feet as they flashed forward, not sure what to say or to do. “I just don’t know,” she murmured. “I traveled with him previously, but I never really knew him.”
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Dante grabbed another two sets of armor and passed one to Jennifer. Then he pulled on the other one. He grabbed a leather belt and wrapped it around his wait and shiethes his sword. His green eyes are serious as he strings his bow. He ties the quiver around the saddle horn. Then he mounted the mare, who in turn snorted. He grabbed Ace's reins and the muscular black war horse's. He nudged the horsed over to Lyra and handed her the reins of the war horse. "For speed and hopefully, the upper hand." He let loose a crooked grin. "May we look like avenging angels and Inspire fear into our foe's hearts."
He was quoting his father on the last bit. He held out Ace's reins to Jennifer.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 am

Jennifer turned to see her little dwarf horse nudge her. She smiled and took Ace's reins. She looked at the armor with a bit of uncertainty, it seemed to be disturbing her. Armor for a vampire? She smiled at Dante awkwardly, "Won't the armor make us slower?" she asked.

Jennifer didn't know what was happening, all she knew was that enemies were after Erin and they needed to help him. She had no idea what enemies awaited them, why they were trying to kill Erin or if she should really do anything to stop them. She didn't know what to believe anymore. Was she on the good side or was she going to be on... Jenny didn't bother completing the thought, she would do what seemed right, not what was right.

Jennifer shook her head slightly, then looked up at Dante. She knew he would answer her, but she didn't have the patience to wait. She got on Ace and looked forward as if she had never asked Dante anything.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Lyra heard Jenny asking Dante a question, and when the vampire hesitated to reply for about a minute, she spoke up for him.

"Armor will weigh us down, that's true," she said. "However, since we'll be traveling by mount now, so it won't play a part that way. Once we're on the ground and fighting, then it might slow us down a bit. However." She paused to think. "While I'd rather usually not wear armor because most mortal-made armor is deadly, I would rather have my back covered than not. In the end, it's worth it."

With that, she gently squeezed her mount's flanks and it sped into a light trot to keep up with Shadow. She wished that they could go faster, but with the dire wolf in as rugged a condition as he was, that wasn't a valid option.

ooc: Ugh, sorry for the minuscule post, guys. I just went brain dead for that one.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Dante looked at Jennifer before saying slowly, "It depends on your species. Some vampires have the gift of strength, others speed, day-walking, or other powers. If you have strength you would barely be able to tell it was there. Knights on the other hand are very fit because they have to be strong enough to haul their bodies around quickly. They usually wear a lot of Armor. I am pretty sure this armor was magically forged. "
Dante nudged his mare forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Paludem :: The Marsh-
Jump to: