Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  Empty
PostSubject: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Gael kept his head bowed against the icy wind, eyes focused on the ground. His black hair was whipping out behind him and the insufferable hood refused to stay on his head. So he had resigned himself. Nose and ears red from the cold, his eyes stung fiercely. He blinked, but that only seemed to make it worse. Crunch, crunch, over the snow. His feet hardly sank into the hard, outer layer and he ought to have been grateful. In reality, this was because he was drastically underweight and in the freezing winds, he didn't feel grateful. At all. Shivering despite his layers, he pushed aside a tree branch and kept on.

All that Gael knew was that he was moving in a northern direction, trying to make for the Sol Mountains. Why? In the mountains, he would be safe. No... That wasn't accurate. He could keep everyone else safe. He was a werewolf, a blight upon his fellow humanity, a curse. Whatever ill came his way, he was willing to take. Deep down, he knew that he deserved it from all the pain and suffering he had caused. So it was that, despite the fact that he would be dead soon if he didn't light a fire, he was okay. His expressionless face gave nothing away. Then again, that wasn't accurate either because his face did give something away. Three monster scars, running parallel across the left side of his face gave away the fact that he was a werewolf. Distinct claw markings, they could only have been made by one other and that was a Dire Wolf.

The young werewolf stopped, quite suddenly. His head came up and his numb ears twitched. He could have sworn he had heard something. No matter... No matter... He tried to convince himself that it was only the wind, but the hairs prickling along the nape of his neck told him that it would be wiser to be on his guard in this alien realm.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Christian slowly made his way through the forest. He never traveled on trails and roads, so getting to places was a pain for him. Roads were populated with people, which in his case, was not good. The snow crunched under his feet, and often a time he would trip from suddenly sinking into it. As he progressed, the snow became a bit softer, and he trudged right through it. It was hard for him to walk gracefully, for he was not really used to walking with extra clothes under his armor for warmth. He should be used to it by now, living in the area for all his life, but alas, he wasn't.

The wind tore back the hood on his white cloak, stinging his face. He tries to tie the hood up so it would stay covering his face, but fails. He decides just to screw it, and fight through the pain. His cheeks and ears were a bright shade of red, and they stung whenever wind came into contact with them, which was very often. He couldn't close his eyes to keep the snow out of them, for he needed to be prepared for anything. Anything bad could happen at any time, and when you are wanted in almost the entire world, that risk is about tripled. That was the thing he hated about his job. Sure, he loved to hunt people down and assassinate them, but it came with its dangers. Guards were always on the lookout for him. Just this morning he had to deal with a bounty hunter who was set out against him. People were always trying to kill him; he just had to be faster, stronger, quieter, and deadlier.

As he makes his way through the mass of trees and branches that would claw at his face, the assassin hears a noise. He puts his hand up to his stinging ear, and listens carefully. He could pick up the wind howling and….footsteps. Quickly, he starts to climb a tree to get a better view; that, and just in case it was another bounty hunter or guard. He scans the ground below him, but sees no one.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:06 pm

For several, long minutes, Gael stood, rooted to the spot. His dark eyes scanned the landscape, but they were met only by fir trees and more snow and wind. A gust sent him staggering backwards, unable to hold his ground it was so strong. Back slamming into a tree trunk, he braced himself for something truly horrible. There was nothing, however. No monsters came charging out of the forbidding line of trees towards him. No armed assassins dropped from the treetops with only the thought of killing him in their minds. With a nervous and embarrassed laugh at his childish fright, he straightened up, trying to make himself believe that there was nothing to be worried about.

After a few moments, Gael started cautiously forward again. He was in no way relaxed, but he had seen nothing that hinted at a surprise attack. Of course, he was not such a fool as to assume that juts because he couldn't see danger didn't mean that it wasn't there; that would be ludicrous. Anyway, he was a stranger here. A native to the warm and wet realm of Paludem, this cold region might hold terrors beyond what he had so far encountered. But what?

Shivering, he tried to pull his hood up for the myriad time. When it was blown back yet again, he gave up. What was the point in even trying to stay warm when the elements obviously had other intentions? With a sigh, he took a few steps forward, stopped, and listened again. For some reason, he got the eerie feeling that he was being watched. The sensation unnerved him and he didn't know what to do, other than continue on his way. With a feeling of helplessness, he started off again.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Christian almost falls out of the tree when a large blast of wind comes into contact with him. "To Hell with this weather," he mutters, his breath appearing as small little puffs of smoke. He looks down at the ground. It was too high to jump. He would get seriously hurt and that was one thing he did not want to happen to him today. He starts sticking his feet out from the branch he was standing on, searching blindly for a lower branch. He finds one, and slowly drops off of the branch he was currently on onto the lower one. After a couple more minutes, he finds another branch and lowers himself onto it. He does this a couple more times, and by ten minutes he had successfully climbed down a tree it took him a minute to climb.
The Elf starts walking again, the snow filling up his boots, freezing his feet. If he was to catch a disease out here he was done for. He comes up to a dead end. The trees were too thick to venture into. This only left one option. The road. He starts to backtrack his steps until he can see the road again. Sighing, he walks through a couple of bushes to get to it. Great, now his chance of getting caught was higher. He starts making his way along the road, looking out for signs of life.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Gael stiffened. He had just seen movement. Not behind, but ahead. Moving quickly and soundlessly, he ducked and wove through the intertwining branches towards where the sound had come from. It sounded like someone trying to move through bushes before it stopped abruptly. Maybe it was the road! He had started off on the road that wound through the realms, connecting them all to each other, but had lost his way in a sudden snowstorm. Despite himself, his heart beat hopefully as he came to a stop at a place where the trees thinned suddenly. He found himself on the side of what must, in fact, be the road. Snow had covered the beaten dirt trek, but it was there, it was recognizable.

However...

His eyes scanned the road, fell on a figure trying to move down it, away from him and into the wind. He guessed male by its size and stature, but had no clues as to what they were doing out in this weather. Then again, he hardly knew what he was doing out here. After a second, he decided that it would be safer to move along the edge of the road, under the cover of trees. They would not only screen him from view, but blocked at least some of the wind where the road was painfully exposed. Moving steadily and silently, Gael trailed about a hundred feet behind, whatever small noise he was making disguised by the howling wind.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Christian stops dead in his tracks. He heard something behind him, and it was not the wind. He quickly whips around, one arm at his sword on his side. He sees nothing though. After just scanning behind him, he grumbles some words that should not be repeated, and turns around. Walking again, he starts to think about what he was doing. Was it really worth it to come this far to kill a person? No, but it is worth the money.

As he is walking, Christian passes only two people who were traveling together. They appeared to be cheery; Christian hated cheerful people. They were just too....happy. He had never felt happiness, so he frowned upon anyone who had it. They even give him tip of the hat, but he just brushes them off and keeps on the road. After walking a bit, his movements start to slow and he becomes weary. Was it the cold torturing him? If so, why him? He looses his balance and falls face first into the snow. The icy covering tore at his face as he skidded across it. He lays there, not wanting to move. He needed rest. This might be uncomfortable, but it was rest. No, he must push onwards. He uses his arms to push himself up back onto his feet. Wiping blood from the corner of his mouth, he keeps walking along.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Gael winced in sympathy when the man fell face first into the snow. That had to have hurt. From his body language, he could tell that he was angry. Hmm, he'd probably hurt himself. The road was slick with ice and he didn't trust it, but the trees were starting to grow closer together. There was little choice remaining. Feeling resigned, he moved out onto the road, head bowed against the wind. This time, he didn't even try to raise his hood, knowing that it would come to no avail. His boots slipped slightly on the sleek ice, but he got the hang of it after a moment.

He straightened and looked ahead. He watched the stranger for a minute, waiting until he was almost out of sight before starting off himself. If he was foe, he didn't want to end up on the wrong end of his sword. Gael shivered at the thought. He had already died inside, what else was there left to take?
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Just to make sure he wasn't being followes, Christian quickly glanced behind him. This time, he could just make out a figure walking down the path. Oh no. Christian quickens his pace, and once he knows he is far enough ahead not to be seen, he hops into the bushes at the side of the road. He crouches down in them, his cloak blending perfectly with the snow. He was virtually invisible now, just how he liked to be. Every so often he would pop his head out from the bush to see how close the man was to him. He prays to every god he knows that this man would not be a foe.

Once the man had passed him, he assassin quietly steps out from the bush. He keeps a slow pace behind the man, just close enough so he could inspect him. He did not appear to have any signs or special armor that showed he was of importance, so that made Christian a bit more calm and collected. This man just might not be hostile after all. Christian debates whether or not to try to make conversation with the man. Would the man just turn around and throw a knife into his heart? Maybe, but Christian liked taking risks. 'You there. State your business here.' he says, trying to act like someone of high authority to scare the man.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Gael froze when the cold voice emerged from behind him. He swore none too gently. Dammit, he had thought that the man was still ahead of him. Unfortunately, he seemed to be the wary type as well. That was just too bad... for himself, anyway. If the man had brains, he would kill him in a trice. He had seen that he was armored, that he was armed. With a feeling of resignation, he slowly turned, a thin, pale hand reaching up to pull his good down over his face. Facing the stranger, the wind was now at his back and it stayed down. This suited him just fine, because his face was a horror that most people would die before wanting to see.

"Name's Gaelgathor," Gael said in a hard, icy voice. Whatever he was feeling, it didn't matter, he was careful to let none of it register on his face or in his voice. Emotion was his enemy when it was him against himself and himself against the world. "My business is mine alone."

His posture was rigid as he gazed upon the stranger. The stranger's hair was as black as his own and hung to his shoulders, or it would have if it hadn't been blown back to stream behind him. His dark brown eyes were cruel and calculating and Gael got the impression that he had run into someone not to cross. His features were sharp and fine and the man's ears tapered into points. Clearly he was of Elvin lineage. He wondered, then, what had happened to him. Did the Elves not live in Clans here as they did in Paludem, his native realm? Did they simply roam the land or was he a loner? Questions swirled around in his brain, but he gave no voice to them. He wasn't looking for trouble and after just looking at the man, he had decided that he wanted to get himself out the situation that he found himself in as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Christian takes a good, long stare at the man who stood before him. That is when he hears it; the snapping of twigs and the voices of men shouting. No, they couldn't have found him. There was no way they could have possibly followed his trail that he spent time to disguise. He quickly shoots his arm out and grabs the man by the shoulder. "Who did you come here with?" he asks, his voice tinged with anger and annoyance. If this man had set him up, he would meet an untimely fate right here, right now.

The voice of the men were getting closer, and Christian also heard the barking of dogs. From the sound of it, it was probably a band of ten men and double the amount of dogs. Oh crap, this was bad. Christian glares at the man who still stood before him. "Who did you come here with?" he growls again, just to make sure he was heard.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Gael regarded him coldly. It didn't look like this man was a very popular figure either. With a cold smirk, Gael threw back his hood, exposing his face in sharp relief. His features appeared inhuman, alien, warped by the enormous scars. Perhaps it was a bad time to reveal what exactly he was, but he needed the guy to back off. He had nothing to do with him or his problems and if he didn't let him go, he'd wind up dead in the very near future. On the bright side, his death would probably make the world a bit of a brighter place. However, he had no intentions of going down as a result of this fool's mistakes.

"I came alone," he snapped, taking a step back and turning to leave. "Now, if you excuse me..."
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Christian stares at the man's face for a second. He recognized the scars. The man was a werewolf, no doubt about it. At the moment though, he didn't care what the man was. He just wanted to know if he would help him defeat these men or not. An evil smile comes across his face as he looks towards the man.

"You are a werewolf, correct? I would assume you would want to die fighting. But what a shame it would be to just kill yourself. Very cowardly if you ask me. Join me in this fight. If you die, at least you died fighting." Christian tells the man.
((Sorry for the short/sucky post.))
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:34 pm

"If I wanted to be dead," the werewolf said coldly. "I assure you, I would have let myself be hung by the first lynch mob that tried to chase me down." His voice was cold and forbidding, apathetic even. "This is your problem, not mine." His eyes flashed angrily. "But very well."

Gael didn't care whether the man lived or died, he only wanted to be on his way and put as much distance between them. Unfortunately, that didn't seem likely to happen so soon. He reached into his boot and drew a long bladed knife, silver and steel. He tossed it from his left hand into his right. Coldly, he regarded the other. He could hear the music of the hunt growing louder. It would be a minute, maybe more, before they would be on them.

ooc: Lawl, no worries. Mine was pretty bad too.
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 pm

'Ah...giving into a mob is still pretty cowardly. You have to fight back!' Christian exclaims happily. Why was he so happy? Well because he was about to kill some people. That always gave him a good feeling inside. The blood a beautiful sight, the screams music to his ears, the rush of adrenaline when his sword is dropped on a head, dismembering it from a body. True, Christian is a very sick and twisted person, but he likes who he is. He quickly unsheathes his sword, and holds it in front of him. 'Be on your toes if you want to live.' he advises the man. Who was he though, to be giving advice to another person of his age?

With a roar of shouts and barks, the men and dogs tear through the woods behind the two. Christian whips around and swings his sword just in time to make his sword run through a dog. He pulls his sword out, and smiles. He feels his blood starting to heavily pump through his veins. Just the sight of blood gave him a good feeling inside. With no regrets, he goes charging towards the men, swinging his sword madly. The thing was though, he was hitting a target every time. All those years of training really did help him in battles. He was very grateful for them. If he hadn't he would be toast by now. 'C'mon, fight with me!' the assassin yells cheerfully to the man.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:42 am

Had Gael been any other man, he would have joined the fight in a heartbeat. The thrill of the battle seemed to be something exciting to most humans and for why he could not say. It was insane, in his mind, that killing was so venerated. He could see the point in defending one's homeland or loved ones, but this senseless slaughter was a mystery to him. What good did it do? Neither the losers nor the victors benefited from it, despite what they might think. Innocent souls were lost; how could that be a good thing? He couldn't see the sense in it to save his soul. Then again, it was probably already too late for his soul to be saved.

Gael did not intend to participate in the fighting, but when they started coming after him too, he had no choice by to defend himself. He dropped back into a crouch, spinning away from the attackers, giving him enough time to gather himself and launch an attack. He punched one of the men in the face and felt his nose give way under his knuckles, accompanied by a warm burst of blood and a sickly sweet smell. As the man doubled over, he rammed the knife into his gut to the hilt and ripped upwards. And then he was swept up into the chaos of the fight.

ooc: This took me WAY too long to post...
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 am

Christian looses his focus on the man and only turns his attention to one thing, death. He loved killing people, but if he was to be killed what a shame it would be. He takes out the remainder of the dogs first. They were always the worst. They seemed to come out of nowhere and bit you in very vital places. If they were brought into a fight, they were the first thing Christian will kill, no matter what. After delivering the final slash to the lasr of the dog's head, he turns his focus to the men in front of him. This was great. Even the werewolf was in the fray. Smiling to himself, he joins the werewolf in fighting.

First slash to either the chest or legs, then to the throat. That was how Christian battled. No one he fought died with a head still attached to his body. Christian was of fair strength. He assumed he was a bit stronger than the average working man. These were no average working men though. These were trained men,who were probably stronger than him, which was really bad on his part. He quickly ducks under a blow, then hols back up to deliver his finisher to the unlucky man who decided to attack him. The way he killed people was very messy, but he liked his enemies messed up bad enough that they would not he able to be identified. He hacks and slashes in every way to strike and parry attacks. Adrenaline was pumping throughout his body. That was a good thing. Christian was stronger when the rush of battle was gushing through him.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

Gael did not know how long they were fighting, his brain seemed to have jammed. A roar filled his ears like the rushing of a great river and his vision went red. He was reacting, not responding. The stench of death eclipsed everything else and his hands and knife were red and sticky with blood. The temperature seemed to have dropped in response to the bloodshed and the wind only beat at them all the harder. Even in his present state, he was reluctant to kill the dogs... and they him. Instead, the dogs focused their attentions of the other man, leaving him in the clear there. The men they were fighting seemed to notice this and he could all but taste their fear on the air; he wasn't hiding what he was for this battle. And still they came. Like waves in the sea, the men came on. There seemed to be no end to the carnage. By this time, he was bleeding from a wound on his shoulder, but was otherwise unscathed. He ripped his knife from the scull of a man who had been foolish enough to attack him and kicked the corpse away. The ground was littered with bodies. Despite himself, he found himself stepping on them to continue the attack. The man he was fighting stumbled over a body and fell back. There werewolf seized his chance and darted forward. He crushed the man's fighting wrist beneath the heel on his boot and there came the delicious crunch of bone and a scream of pain. He jerked the man up by the hair and the next instant, the man's throat bad been cut. Blood rushed down his chest and Gael let him go. The fool would be dead within the next thirty seconds. In his cold and maddened state of mind, rationality was replaced by the lust to kill.

And then... After what seemed like an hour and no time at all... It was over.

He found himself holding a knife that was violently red and his clothes were splattered with blood and gore. His hands felt hot and sticky. He looked at the strange man, then back to the scattered bodies. How many of the kills had been his? He felt sick with himself. He didn't want to be a killer, not in his human mind as well as his wolf. It was right, but it was self-defense... They'd been left with no choice! Gael sighed and shook his sweat-soaked hair out of his face. He could beat himself up about this later, but right now, it was the stranger that concerned him. Who was he to have a hunt of this size and ferocity after him?
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:03 am

As soon as the last man fell to the ground, Christian looks at what he and the other man had done. Victory, sweet victory; that is what had happened. He wipes the blood that had stained and was dripping off of his sword on the clothes of a dead man. After poking the sword in the snow for a moment, it looked like it had before the battle, nice and shiny. He smiles to himself as he looks at the carnage he had done. The man who had fought with him was a good fighter from what he saw.

“You fought well. I guess I owe you a few answers too. Why did the men attack us? Why am I walking this God-forsaken trail? First things first though. The name is Christian Novus. I am what people call an assassin. That is why those men were after me. I have a target up in the mountains around here. That is why I am up here.” Christian tells the man, hoping that the man wouldn’t flip at the fact that he was with a cold-blooded murderer.

OOC: Dang, I'm sucking at posting.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:31 am

Gael simply nodded as he found a clean patch of snow to clean his knife and hands. Oh Goddess, so much blood. Once the blade was gleaming again, he wiped it dry on his cloak. His hands were harder, and even though he rubbed them with snow, the dark stain remained. He felt sick with himself. Bile rose in his throat, but he forced it away. So this man was an assassin. That explained his coldblooded way of killing, why he looked perfectly happy with the fight. Head pounding dully, he wiped the sweat from his brow and ran a hand through his hair. He suddenly became conscious that it was freezing and the wind had picked up, if anything. He dried his hands before they could freeze, and replaced his hood.

"Are you going to kill me, then?" Gael asked with cold mockery in his voice. His gaze strayed to the slain dogs and he wanted to throw up; however, his face remained as cold as ever. "Or are we going to go separate ways and forget this happened?" He smirked. That was hardly likely, but he could be trusted not to tell a soul about what just unfolded.

ooc: Lawl, we can be bad posters together!
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:40 am

Without a word, Christian turns his back on the man. He would kill him right there, but only if he was paid to. That was the issue with him. He only worked for coin. Taking in a deep breath, and bracing himself in the cold, he takes off running. He couldn’t stay in the same place for too long. He wonders if the man will follow him or not, but does not look behind him to see. After running for a couple of minutes, he turns his pace into a walk. He didn’t want to waste too much energy, especially in the cold. His adrenaline rush starting to wear off, he starts to grow weary. He spots a log that he could rest on not far from him, but forces himself to just keep on walking. That man was probably running after him. If he though correctly, he searched the attackers, then found a poster with Christian’s name and face on it, and saw the bounty on him. That is what has happened before. Not wanting to get caught, Christian starts walking just a bit faster. He could never be too careful.

OOC: Super shortness!
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:01 am

Gael watched the man run off as if his life depended on it. He didn't know what the guy's problem was, but an assassin had to have people who were none too happy with him. He did not envy the man, but he had the good luck, at least, not to be a monster. He could hide who he was with a careful disguise. He himself, was helpless to keep what he was a secret. With a shudder, his mind conjured up an image of what the man's life must be like. An assassin, eh? More like a bounty hunter since he hadn't taken up his offer to him. Too bad... His death would benefit a good many people, including himself.

The overpowering stench of death and blood around him finally broke down the final barriers in his mind that kept him in shock. He turned away and was violently sick. Disgusted with himself, he wiped his mouth and spat. Oh Goddess, he couldn't leave the bodies like this to rot in the son. His stomach turned over as he realized what it was that he was going to do. With a shudder, he resigned himself to the task. Jaw set, he moved among the bodies, piling them on top of each other. The humans went on the bottom since they were larger and the dogs on top of them. He looked around to check his surroundings, then slipped into the shelter of the trees to cut some branches for wood. He cut several large branches and placed them at strategic intervals among the broken and torn forms. That done, he lit the first with his tinderbox. There was a lot of smoke at first, but eventually, the branches and then the corpses caught fire and the acrid smell of burning flesh filled the air. The werewolf wrinkled his nose and turned his back. He had to get away from here. The blaze would take care of itself and wouldn't spread to the woods due to the layers of snow, so he felt confident about walking away... Or about as confident as he could feel, knowing that there was an assassin somewhere up ahead.

occ: Gack, same!
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Christian gets a blast of wind in the face that smelled most foul. What was that smell? It was all to familiar. Bodies. Wait, was that man burning the bodies? How stupid could he be? He lets out a sigh and retraces his steps until he comes back to the fool. 'What the hell are you doing?' he asks the werewolf. Was this man stupid enough to burn the bodies, near the road no less? Now there were to be even more men chasing him. Smoke tended to attract auhorities.

Christian grabs the man's arm and drags him into the trees. 'How foolish are you?' he asks him, his voice harsh and cold. 'Smoke attracts people, which is not good at all. Do you want to die?'
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Gael looked smug. He nodded down the road. "Perhaps I do not, but from your actions, there's a bounty on your head." His smile was cold and cruel. He nodded towards the blaze. "That'll let 'em know what's happened here and, once that's happened, you're a dead man, Novus."

Gael felt no sympathy towards the man, none whatsoever. From the little that he had seen, he was a killer and a good one at that. He himself was no better, but that wasn't exactly his fault. In this situation here, he had been dragged into the series of events through nothing more than bad luck. He spat. Bad luck, his life was nothing but. Novus had done nothing to hurt him, but an assassin's hands were covered in blood. Whatever the man got would be deserved. He felt not the slightest traces of guilt, not for this man, not this time.

He jerked his arm free from Christian, at least, he thought that's what his name was. He could have been wrong. With an angry gesture, he took a step back. "And I'm not helping you out of this one," he snarled. "I never wanted to be a killer."
Back to top Go down
Battery

Battery

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Christian lets the man take his arm back. After all that, this is how he repays him? Well at least he was used to it.
'Mind if I go around yelling 'werewolf'?' he says, his voice full of mockery and hate. Two could play at this game, and this was one game Christian new all too well. Just play he cards right, and you win. He knew that he would be able to get out of this. Even with the fire, the man just ignites Christian's happiness once again. Just the thought of killing more people sent a warm, fuzzy feeling throughout him. Ah yes, there were more to come. He would only have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 am

"Have fun," Gael snarled. "By the time they get here, I'll be long gone."

He scowled at the assassin and turned his back on him. It was time that he was getting on. Face like stone, he strode off into the wood, but careful to still remain close enough to the road to both feel safe and not get lost. He had better things to do than fight another man's battles and this one wasn't a fight that he had any intention of getting deeper involved in than he already was. Gael didn't like to think of the people he had just killed. Though he knew them not, he knew that not all of them could be bad. Maybe some had just wandered off the right road in life, maybe some were just as lost as he was. Maybe...

"Goddess, damn him," he cried in anguish, slamming his fist into the trunk of a tree in grief and horror. He had fled north to avoid doing what he had just done, but it seemed that fate had other plans for him. No matter where he went or what form he took, it seemed that he would always remain a monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next