Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Gael disappointed her. With a shake of his head, he shrugged his shoulders with something akin to regret. "I'd love to be able to speak to a wolf," he said wistfully, "But, alas, I have never had the ability to communicate with creatures that speak anything other than the Common. When I transform, I suppose it should be possible, but if that is the case, I have no memory of it."

For a moment, he was silent, collecting his thoughts before he next spoke. He was wondering what to tell her. "When people see me, my face gives away what I am... What follows next isn't a pretty scene. Either the person or persons in the vicinity tries to kill me, or starts sprinting in the opposite direction. I've been run out of more than a few towns and villages once my identity has become known... it makes it impossible to stay in once place for any length of time. I have to be constantly on the go, never staying anywhere for long. The moon does not stop its pattern, so I must go on." He said all of this very matter-of-factly, as if he had ceased to feel hurt by the prejudice he faced.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Beatrix frowned. "What about when you are in Werewolf shape? Surely you can communicate with wolves in that form."
Beatrix wondered what it would be like in a world where she couldn't communicate with most creatures....She shivered, but not because of the cold. Whenever she thought of being without her shapes, it was as if she could already feel the pain of them being stripped away...
Beatrix blinked. What was she thinking of? She never did anything against the Chimera Code, and even avoided those who did, so why was she feeling like that? That sickening, revolting, gut wrenching, heart sinking terrorizing feeling in her head, stomach and heart.
Beatrix put her hands up to her head fro a moment, hopelessly believing that the action would help.
Beatrix's steps suddenly became no longer light, but heavy and lopsided. She resisted the urge to fall to her knees and throw up.
What is wrong with me?
Back to top Go down
http://thecroart.weebly.com/
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Gael was about to answer her question, but all thoughts of that vanished from his head when he noticed the abrupt change in her. Instead of her smooth, graceful walk, she was now stumbling along as if she could hardly see two feet in front of her. Her usually lithe movements were disjointed and clumsy and every time she moved seemed to cause her pain. She looked like she was going to be sick.

"By the Goddess, Trix, you gotta sit down!" the werewolf cried, concern in his voice and fear in his haunted eyes. Fear for her.

Not wanting her to suddenly get scared and trying to hurt him in her panic or rage... or both, he took her gently by the wrist and guided her over to a fallen log. With great care, he sat her down and sat next to her, looking anxiously at the Chimera. What was wrong? What was going on? Was she going to be okay?

"Put you head down. Breath. It's going to be okay. You're okay. It's-" He kept on, unable to stop speaking, almost as if he thought that if he stopped talking, she'd suddenly go from bad to worse. Unconsciously aware of what he was really doing, he was trying to give her something to hold on to, something else to focus on.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Beatrix was startled by Gael's immediate action. He acted as if she were another human--and as if Gael actually cared about her well being. But that couldn't be possible. Humans didn't love fast at all. But Beatrix was too sick to think of such things in depth. Gael had sat her down on a nearby log and was holding her hand and talking in a soft, deep voice incessantly. She was still she barely even registered how much warmer she was with Gael next to her. Her breath was very shallow and fast, and she was sweating despite the cold air that swirled the snow around her and Gael.
"I'll......Be....Fine...." The energy that it took to smile was enormous.
Suddenly it dawned on Beatrix.
"I...Haven't shifted! I...need...to....shift!"
What Beatrix had realized was this: She hadn't shifted into her original form, a fox, for more than two weeks.
If she didn't change now, it could kill her.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 pm

"I...Haven't shifted! I...need...to....shift!"

What? What did that mean? It took Gael a moment of thinking to reason that if she was a Chimera and was a shape-shifter, she must have to shift into a certain form every now and again. From her behavior and words, he guessed that that transformation was overdue... His cold face looked apathetic, but it was a miracle that he managed to pull that off with the chaotic mix of emotions churning inside him.

"Then shift!" he cried, wanting to wave his hands wildly to emphasis his point, but refusing to give into the impulse. Anything that would keep her from dying on him. He couldn't take another death so soon after yesterday and especially not Beatrix. Not now.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Beatrix fell, writhing, to the ground. She felt as though there was a dragon inside of her and it kept trying to find a way out. This transformation would be slow and painful. When she looked back at this moment, Beatrix would wonder if it would be like Gael's transformation, but for now she had enough to think about.
She could feel her orange fur trying to grow out of her skin at an alarming rate, and she could feel the hair on her skull pulling in. Her soft pink ears grew until they were pointed and fuzzy, and her face elongated into a snout. Normally, her transitions were so fast the human eye wouldn't really have been able to tell that the creature was once another, but then again, normally it didn't hurt like snake venom either. Her body shrunk until she was fox sized, and then she grew a tail. Beatrix had never felt anything so painful in her long life. She screamed as she changed, sending shivers down the spine of any living creature that was within earshot. This was the cry of a hundred different creatures, all in terrorizing pain.

Beatrix lay, sweating, on the the cold snow. She pulled herself into a ball to warm herself up.
The pain....The pain is gone...
Beatrix yawned her fox jaws and looked around for a place to sleep. Her beautiful red coat would easily be a sign to predators, so it had to be somewhere very concealed.
Gael!
Beatrix's sharp fox eyes drew in Gael. He was standing now, although Beatrix didn't know why. He looked much, much taller when she was in fox form. Beatrix's amber eyes stared gently into Gaels deep brown ones.
I can't change back... Her eyes said. I can't shift. I can't shift!
Beatrix's gentle thoughts turned to desperate pleas.

Will I ever be able to shift again?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Gael sprang to his feet, alarmed. Something was wrong; very, very wrong. Hadn't she said that her transformations were quick and easy? But the transformation took a little over a minute and her screams of pain tore at his heart and soul. It wan't just the fact that she was in pain that hurt him, it was the feeling of helplessness that came with it. There was nothing he could do for her. She was alone in her struggle... just as he was. And then it was over and the red fox curled up in a ball at his feet. He couldn't be certain, but she looked... peaceful. The pain was gone; she was in her natural state.

She yawned, showing sharp, white teeth and looked up at him. Her beautiful eyes were all that had remained unchanged; twin shimmering golden orbs. He knelt in front of her in the soft snow. Her eyes were dark with distressed and he realized that it wasn't just the painful transformation that was out of the norm... but she didn't seem to be able to change back. She whined, swinging her head from side to side in evident frustration mixed with fear.

"I don't know what to do," Gael said, bowing his head. "Goddess forgive me, Trix - I don't know!"

Tell me what to do! he begged her silently. The werewolf passed a hand over his face and then dropped it again, looking back to her. "Maybe you'll just have to stay like that for a while before you can shift again... I just don't know."
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Beatrix stood and padded over to Gael. Surprisingly, he did not flinch as the seemingly wild animal approached him. She pawed at his hand, resting on the cold snow, and then she pointed her nose at the direction they were coming in. They needed to keep moving, for her fear and pain scent was too strong, she could smell it all around; but she would not be able to trot as fast as Gael with her short fox legs.

She might be able to shift again, but she had disobeyed the Chimera Code and might be hunted down and her shapes removed. She would not allow that to happen. Civil as she might be, no Chimera willingly allowed their shapes to be taken. To humans, it would be considered killing your family and friends as well as removing all of your limbs, and then ripping a meaning for life out, too. Few Chimeras lived long after the removal.

Beatrix stared up at Gael meaningfully, hoping that he would take the message quickly and do as she wished. There was no telling if she would be able to shift again, but until she figured it out, they needed to be moving.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Gael nodded and slowly rose to his feet so as not to alarm her. She was so small, compared to him, even when she was in human form. They would have to leave quickly, he understood that. Foxes were not the only predators to roam these woods and the area around them must reek of fear. He understood her fear, her desperation, and motivation. Delaying any longer meant death for her. He didn't know much about Chimeras, but from the way she was acting, he got the feeling that she had done something wrong.

"C'mon," he murmured, turning back to their course. "Let's go."

Without another word, he started off. She would follow, he knew that, but still, he turned back just to be certain. He didn't want to leave her behind.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:30 am

Beatrix gave a small shake of her head as Gael nodded, turned and walked away. She began to follow, but she had no idea how long she would be able to keep up. To stay with Gael's pace, she had to trot, which took twice as much energy. Gael turned back to look at her just as she was beginning to trot.

Beatrix looked at the sky. It was a little bit after noon, so they would need to start looking for shelter in two hours or so. But they needed to get as far away from this reeking area as possible.

Beatrix ran to catch up to Gael.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Gael slowed his pace marginally so that she wouldn't have to run to keep up with him, but he nevertheless moved swiftly through the forest. He wasn't afraid of what lurked here, but he didn't want Beatrix to get hurt. He didn't know any medicinal knowledge for humans, let alone foxes. Until Beatrix could transform again, she would have to be careful.

He ducked under a low-hanging branch and dislodged a shower of snow as his head scraped against it. He stumbled slightly, but managed to keep himself from falling, but only just. He was long-limbed and tall, and sometimes his movements could be uncoordinated at the best of times. The simple truth was just that there was more of him than he knew what to do with.

Gael shook himself and turned back, again, to make sure that Beatrix was still there. She was, and he grinned at her shamefacedly at his blunder. He wasn't sure why he felt embarrassed, but it felt awkward to mess up like that in front of her.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Beatrix nearly laughed, but as foxes do not laugh as humans do, she was afraid it would scare Gael. For all of his height and might, he was just as clumsy as a kit sometimes. He probably wouldn't have been happy for her to laugh anyways, for he had looked embarrassed when he turned to smile at her after knocking all the snow down. Beatrix trotted after him, knowing that smiling back at him would have been creepy as well. All of the sudden, Beatrix froze in her tracks. She pricked her ears warily. There. There it was again. She could hear the heavy footsteps and feel the vibrations of a very large animal. It would not be a deer or an elk, as they would step lightly. That was the sound of a predator. There was no way they could come out alive of a fight with a creature as big as that, and so there only choice was to run. If it hadn't seen them yet, it would not pursue. She waved her tail once and ran as fast as her orange fox legs would carry her. She made sure to brush by Gael when she passed him. She was sure that he would understand the urgency and run after her. She just hoped that he would run fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Gael felt Beatrix brush against his legs and looked down in time to see a streak of orange fur go shooting past him, all the hair along the back of her spine standing up on end. Alarm shot through him, but he bit it back. Where was she going? Had she sensed something? He paused for a second to listen and heard, not too far off, the sounds of heavy footfalls crunching over snow. Heart pounding, he realized that it had to be some sort of animal... for no human would move with the deliberateness and stealth that he could pick up in those treads.

But when he turned back to the direction that Beatrix had taken, he couldn't see her. Panic shot through him, but he quelled it. Still, a silent cry welled up inside him.

Trix! Don't leave me alone here! he called silently, knowing that she would never hear his silent plea. Not even a Chimera could hear thoughts... or could they? With a shudder, he forced that thought away.

Without thinking, he began to run. The snow was falling fast, quickly covering the fox tracks. All he could do was hope that he was following the right course, for he lost the tracks fairly quickly. The werewolf wasn't panicking yet, but he decided a few things very quickly. Find Beatrix or be stuck out here. But then again... couldn't he make it on his own? Hadn't he always done things alone? Why was it that he was so suddenly caught up with her? It wasn't that she was beautiful or that he liked just being with her... there was just something about her that he couldn't put his finger on... and that something seemed to bring him home.

The werewolf forced away his confusing thoughts and came to a stop. He was lost, he knew it. The snow swirled around him, blanketing the frozen ground all over again. Had it been an hour? Longer? He hadn't caught up with Beatrix yet, hadn't even caught a glimpse of her after she took off. Shivering and numb, he forced his legs to continue carrying him. He was so cold... the snow looked so soft... and he was so tired. Abruptly, Gael shook his head and blinked rapidly, snapping himself out of his trance. As he passed under an ancient pine, the wind suddenly rose, tearing at the trees. There was a crack and he looked up through the storm-

And the swiftly falling branch caught him on the side of the head.

Gael didn't have time to cry out before he was knocked to the ground, stunned. When he crumpled to the ground, his head struck a rock that had been buried under the new-fallen snow and the world went black.

ooc: Because I thought that it would provide an interesting situation and because I was feeling evil xD
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Beatrix looked over to see how fast Gael was running. To her dismay, Gael wasn't there. She swiftly turned around and ran back the way she had come, careful to follow her own tracks back. If he was trying to follow her, he would be following her footsteps.She ran for a few minutes, until she realized that she could smell Gael's warm, wolf-like scent. And Blood. She could smell blood. Without hesitation, she veered off the path and followed Gaels scent. The snow was falling very quickly, and it was hard to see. That was probably why Gael was off the path in the first place, but what about the blood? Could the creature she heard have found him? Beatrix shuddered. She knew what the creature was, and it was not something she had ever wanted to meet. The scent was stronger now, and finally she spotted Gael. He was lying on the blood spattered snow, unconscious. Beatrix gave a spurt of energy and ran over and began furiously sniffing Gael. Nothing had been near, him, but it looked as though he had somehow been knocked over and hit his head on a rock. She took hold of Gaels shirt and ripped a section off the bottom off. She tried to put the cloth on his head and cover the wound, but she failed miserably. She pressed the bandage down with her paws, but since she wasn't very big, it didn't do too much. Beatrix decided to abandon the bandage and build a shelter. She dragged a large branch over next to Gael and propped smaller branches upon it. It wasn't a very big shelter, but it would have to do. She cleared the snow from under and around him. She couldn't do anything more for him, so she sat up to stay guard.
She quickly fell asleep.

ooc: Sorry about taking so long, I got caught up with school work and the farm and all of that. Also, on the story, My plan is that Gael will wake up right when the evil creature comes. Either Beatrix or Gael or both could fight it, although I have a plan if Beatrix fights it..... Twisted Evil
But, the next bit of the story is all up to you, so if you have a different idea, that would be great too.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Gael slowly regained consciousness. He became conscious first, of that he was cold. He shivered, but was unable to warm himself. He smelled the warm scent of fox, and guessed that Beatrix was nearby. Blinking, he opened his eyes. Upon doing so, he saw that there was a crude shelter covering them, a network of branches interlaced with each other blocked most of the snow and kept them from freezing to death. He rolled onto his back with a wince, he had been lying on his left arm before that and it had gone completely numb, and saw that Beatrix had also done what she could to clear the snow from under and around him. Head pounding and vision still slightly blurry, he climbed from beneath their shelter.

The werewolf rose to his fours, suddenly really waking up as his hands and knees met cold snow. His vision sharpened and he got to his feet. His vision was still foggy, but he could stand and see in a straight line. Suddenly, he froze. Something was moving in the darkness of the trees a little way to his left.

"Beatrix," he hissed, not really expecting her to wake.

Eyes fixed on the dark patch, he reached under his cloak and withdrew his obsidian knife. Obsidian was so sharp that he was half afraid of hurting himself with the thing every time he picked it up. It was the sharpest stone known to man, which was one of the reasons why he carried it. This knife had been fashioned for quick and efficient killing and it did its job well. His eyes scanned the darkness as there came a great snapping of branches and crunching of snow. He braced himself and his body sank automatically into a defensive position.

Nothing could have prepared him for the thing that emerged from the shadows, however. It's body was humanoid, but that was where the similarities ended. At least eight feet tall, two glowing red eyes looked down at him through slits in its emaciated face. It's mouth was open, and he could see that it was filled sharp, jagged teeth that were stained a dark red color. It's body was covered in a thin layer of unkempt fur and, through it, he could see the sunken abdomen, the muscles that stood out in sharp contrast against the bone. If he had wanted, he could have counted every one of its ribs. It's legs were long and the feet were narrow and reminded him vaguely of those of a wolf, for they were tipped with wickedly sharp claws and covered in a thin layer of hair. It's fingers were over long and ended in equally sharp talons. It was ten yards away, but he could smell a sharp blood scent coming from the creature: raw meat, blood, and bone.

Gael had to force himself not to take a step back.

A Wendigo.

Wendigos were rumored once to have been humans who had given over to cannibalism in desperate times to stay alive. It was said that the spirit of a demon entered their minds as they slept and when the person awoke, they had been left with a madness and a lust for human flesh. Within a few days, and after a painful transformation, the person became what was known as a Wendigo. The very personification of sin and great, Wendigos were demons in the bodies of corrupt humans.

Could a werewolf be turned into a Wendigo?

He thought not, but that was a chance that he wasn't willing to take. As if it sensed his thoughts, the monster suddenly bared its fangs in a hideous snarl and raised it's head. A monstrous howl shook the forest, filled with lust and greed... but pain was buried beneath it. It was almost as if the tormented human spirit that lay trapped within the body of the monster could sense what was happening and was trying to call out for help. Gael pitied the creature, but his pity did not extend so far as to completely throw away his life so as to avoid killing it. It was kill or be devoured while there was still breath in his body; and he couldn't afford to let the latter happen.

The Wendigo sank down into a crouch. On all fours, it put its weight on its wrists and its great hind legs, like some sort of primitive cave man. With a snarl, it advanced a pace. Gael was wondering when it was going to attack and starting to get extremely tense, when, all of a sudden, the thing reared up and charged. He didn't have time to think, only react. Then the breath was knocked out of him as the Wendigo sprang, landing directly on his chest. Gael slashed at its throat. It gurgled as a surprisingly thick waved of blood surged from the wound. Blood, warm and wet, splattered Gael's chest as the talons that held him fast loosened their hold. He wriggled away and crawled to his feet, but the creature lashed out with a hind leg and the blow caught his shin. Razor sharp claws raked him and the werewolf howled in pain... a sound that mimicked the cry of a wolf almost to perfection. Unable to put weight on that leg, he tried to balance himself as blood dribbled from the wound in the Wendigo's throat and his own timed ran swiftly out. This wasn't a fight that he could win. As the two combatants circled each other, looking for an opening, Gael prayed for savior.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Beatrix awoke. The cold winter wind penetrated her thick orange fur, and she pulled herself into a tighter ball in the snow. She wished to return to her sleep, but she knew that sleep would not return to her freezing body. Accepting that she would have to begin her day, she sniffed the air instinctively for Gael. It took her a moment to realize what she smelled. No. Oh no. This is the absolute worst possible thing that could happen. Beatrix sat up slowly and crept out the back of her tiny makeshift shelter. She could smell everything, but she didn’t dare look. Let the creature believe that she was an ordinary fox. Let the evil creature not even notice her. Beatrix crept from tree to tree, circling the clearing where Gael and the Wendigo were sizing each other up. She never looked directly at them, though. This was partly because she did not want to give herself away, and partly because she did not want to look at a Wendigo ever again.

She had fought a Wendigo once before, an she had nearly died. She only survived by a miracle; finding another friendly Chimera to help her. Otherwise, Beatrix would have died 63 years ago. Meeting One Wendigo has always been 6 Wendigos too many. Beatrix had heard that quote from Vissaron, the Chimera who had saved her. Beatrix stepped lightly over some fallen branches. She had to get behind the wretched Wendigo.

Please don’t let Gael continuously get into this kind of trouble. Neither of us will live long enough for this to happen more than once. Beatrix crept a few more steps. There. Now she was behind the Wendigo. And now she had o leap on it. Part of her wanted to run away, far away, trusting her Chimera instincts. But the strange human bits seemed to have infected her, and so she would not leave Gael. She judged where the neck was, locating one if its main blood veins. She would not be able to kill it, she knew, but she could drive it off. And that would be distracting it from Gael so that he could run. And he would have to run fast, for Wendigos were faster than anything she remembered. Enough of this! Beatrix stopped thinking and relied on her instincts, letting herself flow back into her knowing Chimera state. She leapt on the Wendigos disgusting back, and bit hard onto any piece of skin she could find. She was a poor match for a Wendigo in her fox form, but she would try. Try or die. The Wendigo stretched itself upwards, using I’s unnaturally long fingers to try and get Beatrix off. She held tight, though, and he soon resorted to shaking. Again and again and again. Beatrix hoped that Gael was running. She could only hold on for so long. The Wendigo gave one more wrenching shake, and she flew off. She hit her back against a tree and fell o the ground, limp.

She struggled not to let herself go unconscious, to give Gael more time. But she could still her snarling. And it wasn’t directed at her anymore. Beatrix forced her golden eyes to open, to survey the horror she already knew. The idiot! He has no more sense than a newborn fox-kit! He’ll die for sure this time. He’ll die for sure. Gael was standing, facing the vicious Wendigo with a small-ish night-black blade. Obsidian. Very good for killing. But not enough for a Wendigo. Not nearly enough. She stood up on shaking legs. The Wendigo flexed its claws. Beatrix took a weak step. The Wendigo bared its teeth. Beatrix took another step and fell over. The Wendigo lunged for Gael. Gael ducked, but not fast enough.

The moment before the Wendigos teeth met Gael’s unprotected throat, a giant creature knocked the Wendigo to the side. It was a dragon. It was a beautiful dragon, one that looked to soft and sweet for battle, but could kill with a breath. It had a relatively short nose full of tiny, razor sharp teeth. It huge, transparent wings shimmered like a dragonfly’s, and they connected with her front legs. The dragon appeared almost bat-like, although you could tell that it was far more intelligent. It had huge frills, and every tip of every frill looked as though it could kill. It was blue-grey in color, and its wings, although transparent, shimmered blue. Its tail swished. Beatrix looked down at the Wendigo and spoke in the vile, evil tongue of the Wendigo. It was a long, hissing and gargling noise, and Gael did not understand. Run……..or DIE. The Wendigo stared back in disbelief at the Chimera holding him down. Beatrix’s golden dragon eyes had no mercy, but it is not a Wendigos nature to give in before the kill. It snarled “Chimera….Wretched Chimera”. And then it bit her front leg, which had surprising strong and tiny scales covering it. Beatrix was not seriously wounded, but she was bleeding the black blood of a dragon. She took her front claws and scratched the Wendigos chest as he squirmed out from under her. The Wendigo reached its own claws toward Beatrix’s throat, but she moved too quickly and the Wendigo only managed to scratch her neck. Beatrix needed to end the fight before she got seriously wounded, and she knew it. She needed poison. Beatrix summoned the poison from her throat and let the toxic gas flow off of her tongue and right into the oncoming Wendigos face. The Wendigo shrieked, for the pain of the poison was instant. Beatrix stared down at the Wendigo, who was only slightly shorter than she was but it was now lying on the ground, shrieking inhuman cries. She snarled at the Wendigo, and the Wendigo opened its red eyes at her and stared with new hate. It lunged for her wing, an odd place to go, but it knew what it was doing. It’s extremely long fingers tore through her wing right next to her arm. It would not kill her, it knew, but the Chimera would remember. And if she ever crossed his path again……He would be sure to kill her. Wendigos were very vengeful creatures. Beatrix shrieked and lunged for the Wendigo again, but the Wendigo was already running. Beatrix watched him until he was gone, and then turned to Gael. Still in dragon form she walked over to him, intending to make sure that he was alright, but she collapsed before she got to him. She was too exhausted to look after him. She wondered vaguely how she was a dragon now, when only a little while ago she could not change from fox form, but she blacked out before she could finish the thought.

OOC: UGH sorry that took so long. I know that quality of this reply isn’t very good, but I hope it makes up for that in length. I do want to point out something, though. Beatrix is still in Dragon form. Just thought I should say that In case it wasn’t totally clear.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Gael found himself paralyzed, staring at the fight between the Wendigo and the golden dragon with eyes that seemed twice as big as they ordinarily were, if that was even possible at this point. The dragon had to be Beatrix, for the small fox was nowhere to be seen, and she was a Chimera, after all. She wasn't bound to one shape the way that most other creatures were. They snapped and snarled at each other as the two creatures tussled, blood splattering the snow, staining it with drops of bright crimson. The heavy, sickly sweet scent of blood filled the air and he gagged from the horrid scent of the Wendigo as the wind changed, then he winced openly as the sharp fangs of the beast bit down on the dragon's golden-scaled leg, almost in the exact same place where it had swiped at him, and he shivered at the coincidence. Okay, and the fact that it was freezing, but that wasn't the point. When Beatrix sprayed some noxious poison at the monster from her maw, and it lingered for a painfully long time in the air, stinging his eyes and making it hurt to breathe. It felt painful to breath out, almost as if an iron fist had clamped around his lungs and was trying to force the breath out of him. The inhuman, tormented screams of the Wendigo didn't help matters either. After about thirty seconds, he could hear the light running of feet as the monster ran for its life. Gael raised his head tentatively and then leaped back in shock as the dragon collapsed in front of him. No, as Beatrix collapsed in front of him. No matter what form she took, it would always be Beatrix.

Anxiously, he rose to his hands and knees and crawled the few feet that separated them. "Trix?" he asked anxiously, stroking her scaly head with gently fingers. Her great eyes were closed and her dragon breath steamed in the cold air. At least she was breathing and he wounds didn't appear too serious. He had no idea as to how to treat human wounds, least of all dragon ones. What was he supposed to do? Helplessly, he simply stayed by her side and waited for her to awaken.

ooc: Dang, this one was so short in comparison. xD
No worries! It was great, trust me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Beatrix ran. She ran and ran and ran, faster than she had ever thought was possible. And yet, she hardly moved. She was stuck in one form, but she couldn't figure out what her form was, or remember how to change. She could hear a voice calling, and the inhuman snarling of the Wendigo. Endon. But she couldn't reach them, even though she was running so fast. Beatrix screamed and screamed, but no sound would come out. Endon was on his own. Who is Endon? And he would die. Beatrix did not have time to wonder who Endon was. Perhaps he was dead already.

Beatrix woke in a panic. "Endon!" She screeched, only to find Gael jumping up and away from her as she struggled to her feet. in her dazed and feverish stupor, she forgot what form she was in. "Gael! Oh, Gael, I had the worst dream. There was--" Beatrix stopped mid sentence. Then she realized. She turned her head around to look at her bloody and scaled body. She swished her long, slender tail as if to reassure herself that she was indeed what she thought she was. She turned back to Gael and studied his face. He seemed in some sort of shock, but he wasn't running from her or attacking her, so all was well. Beatrix glanced back to where she had been sitting. The area had no snow, and the grass underneath even looked a bit brown. She was probably feverish from spending the night in such a furless and wounded form. She went back to the dried area amidst the snow and sat down to look at her wounds. She could speak human English if she wanted to, for dragons had the gift of tongues, but she didn't feel like it. She lifted up her left front foot and looked at it closely. It will heal quickly enough. Beatrix lifted up her right foot, only to have her wings scream with pain. She put her foot down and leaned her long neck over her shoulder. My wing.......my beautiful wing...... The silvery blue transparent wing had been ripped by the Wendigo. It would heal, but it would heal a different color. perhaps a silvery green. that wouldn't be too bad. But the scar would follow her into every shape. just as her wounds would.
And just has her beautiful golden eyes would, which were now darkened in sadness.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Geal gave a start and jumped back as the great dragon came awake in a sudden thrashing of limbs. And then there came a name: Endon. Who was Endon? She screamed the name out as if it had been life or death, as if someone truly important to her was about to be murdered or something. Was he someone in her past, another Chimera perhaps? His heart sank slightly at that, but he gave himself a firm scolding for such a reaction. She was a Chimera. Chimeras probably didn't associate that closely with humans; he had to put those kinds of thought to rest before it lead to trouble. Well, any more trouble than they already were in, anyway.

He crept back to her, near black eyes anxious as he took in her bloodied form with greater clarity. It was his fault she had gotten hurt. He should have killed the thing quickly, not hesitated. Beatrix could have gotten killed, especially in her fox form, and it was all his fault. Why hadn't he woken up sooner? Why hadn't he done something to help her while she was fighting? Maybe then, she would have been okay. But oh no. He'd just flattened himself behind a snowbank to watch and wait. Goddess, he made himself sick.

Would she forgive him?

He would have tried to comfort her, or at least give her a hug to try to make amends, but she was a pretty good sized dragon and dwarfed him by considerable feet. Staring up into her beautiful golden eyes, he detected sadness in them. A thousand curses upon him, just curses.

"You okay?" he asked her tentatively.

As soon as the words were out, he could have kicked himself. What a stupid question to ask when she was obviously not okay. Her wing was torn up, her left leg had been bitten, and there was blood on her flank. Or was that Wendigo blood? He didn't know and he didn't care, but the stupidity of his question rang in his mind.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Beatrix took her time to respond. She began to lick her wound, just to tidy it up a bit. She shouldn't talk to Gael in dragon form, it would probably scare him, but the blood on her human body would probably scare him too. She couldn't win. She gave a little dragon sigh before shifting into a human girl. Beatrix did not dare look at herself, but she could feel the blood on her clothes, and her arm. She didn't really need to look at her arm to assess the damage. It would be a long scratch extending from just beneath her shoulder to a little beyond her elbow. And it was still bleeding. She had opened it again.

"I'm fine. Perfectly fine. I only fought a puny Wendigo after all."

Beatrix could not help letting her sarcasm in anger creep into her voice.

"Only a Wendigo. It's not like a Wendigo has never been killed before. Wendigos are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DEFEAT. I've killed THOUSANDS of Wendigos. I JUST DECIDED TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A TOUGH FIGHT TO ENTERTAIN YOU."

Beatrix glowered at Gael, allowing her true anger to be revealed. She turned abruptly and walked over to a log and sat down, facing away from where Gael stood. She quickly morphed into a large bear, so that her shape could match her mood.

It only took a moment for the guilt to set in. Gael didn't deserve to be yelled at, these sorts of things happen to anyone and everyone. But she didn't apologize.
If there is one thing to be said about Chimeras, it is that they are above everything except a few dragons. And Beatrix definitely felt above an apology. She just saved his life; why should she apologize?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

He hated to admit it, but he was almost relieved when she transformed into a human form again. He didn't feel quite so small, so helpless, so childlike. However, the relief was very short lived. Her wound was bothering him greatly. Why was he so stupid as to not know how to treat wounds? If you were going to strike out on your own, knowing the art of healing was a necessity. He didn't have time to examine the gash, but it wasn't too deep, even if it was bleeding again. Then she was shouting him and his mind blanked.

"Only a Wendigo. It's not like a Wendigo has never been killed before. Wendigos are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DEFEAT. I've killed THOUSANDS of Wendigos. I JUST DECIDED TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A TOUGH FIGHT TO ENTERTAIN YOU."

Gael flinched back at her sharp words. Automatically, his hands came up to defend his face. Just as quickly as he reacted, his face froze with the realization of what he'd just done. Slowly, he lowered his arms. No. That reaction was an old one, based off of old fear and experience... and he wasn't afraid of Beatrix. He respected her greatly, but he was not afraid of her. Slowly, he lowered his arm. If she was angry, he definitely deserved it. He could bear her anger.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. "I know that it was really stupid, Trix. I'm sorry." I'm sorry I couldn't spare you. I'm sorry that I couldn't keep you from getting hurt. I'm sorry for bringing this thing upon us.

He limped tentatively towards her, but she spun away from him with a scowl as black as night. Oh dear... Before he would walk over to her, she had shifted into a large bear with dark fur. She was definitely furious with him. Pain stabbed up his left leg and he staggered, nearly falling as his leg refused to take his weight. Even without looking, he knew that it was deep... and without having the ability to take care of himself, it was likely that this would be one of his last wounds. Warm blood slowly pulsed from the torn flesh, freezing to his skin almost immediately due to the freezing temperatures. Well, this was just swell.

Beatrix's back was still to him, so he gingerly lowered himself to the ground, leg stretched out awkwardly in front of him. Running him just below his shin to his Achilles, he could see the white glint of bone where the sunlight struck it. Wonderful. Gritting his teeth against the pain, he picked up small handfuls of nearby snow and did what he could to get as much of the blood off his leg as possible so that he could see what he was dealing with. It wasn't pretty. There was already swelling around the gash and while the blood flow had almost stopped, it was deep. And that meant that, if he wasn't careful, it could get him killed. Damn. Before he could change his mind, he scooted backwards over the hard snow to their shelter and pulled his cloak to him. He needed to make bandages. Luckily for the werewolf, he did know how to do that. He ripped the flimsy strips into long strips and bound his leg tightly. He tied a tight knot and let out a breath that he hadn't known he'd been holding.

In a way, this was a good thing. Trix was fit to travel, so she'd have to leave him so that she could reach her destination. With his leg in what shape it was, he wouldn't make it very far. And that meant that she wouldn't be around for his transformation, which was just four nights away. With a sigh of relief, he hobbled to his feet and rested his back against a tree. Being confined to the ground made him feel so weak and helpless.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 am

"Don't be sorry."

Beatrix shifted into a falcon and flew away. Gael needed medical care, and she could not give it to him without supplies. And knowledge of the healing arts. Both of which she would have to fetch.

Beatrix did not explain to Gael where she was going because she was still angry, but she hoped desperately that he would still be there when she came back.
She flew for about 15 minutes before finding a good town. She stopped right inside of it and hid behind a barrel as she morphed into a human.She walked for another five minutes before finding a healers quarters. She did not knock, she needed supplies fast. She had no time for human manners. A large man with gentle finger sat at a desk in a house made of logs. Beatrix could not tell his age. His face seemed so...timeless. not old, but not young either.....

"I need something to heal someone who has a deep gash on their upper leg. And I need to know how to use it. "

Beatrix spoke with a near disdain for the man, even though she felt almost as though she should respect him.

"I have money to pay for it."

Beatrix knew that humans often liked to see the money first, and that humans were greatly obsessed with money to begin with. It was ridiculous.

The man turned to Beatrix slowly, which annoyed her. "What caused the gash?" The old man spoke in a voice that seemed to flow, like water.

"A Wild Animal."

The man nodded as if he had expected it. "Give me a moment and I will fetch the necessary supplies."
The man stood and walked into a closet looking space that smelled very strongly.

He returned a few moments later with a small basket. He set it on his desk and then looked at Beatrix.

"I do not want your money."
Beatrix was slightly surprised, and the man felt this.
"I want you story."
Beatrix nearly gasped. He couldn't possibly know! No human could tell that she was a Chimera without seeing her shift!
"How did this person get injured? Where is he now? What does he mean to you?"
Beatrix glared at the man.
"A some wolves attacked him while I was out looking for food. He killed some and ran the rest off, but when I came back he was bleeding heavily. He is in the woods outside this town. And he........" Beatrix hesitated? Tell the man the truth? No. "He has information for me that I need, but he cannot give it to me for several days yet.
The healer stared at her for a moment. He glared at her, knowing that she was lying.
He knows, he knows!
Her conscience screamed at her, but she stood stock still.
The man handed her the basket.
"Go and heal your friend."
The healer stressed the word friend. He was incredibly perceptive for a human.
"Thanks you." Beatrix spoke tersely, eager to leave. She ran out the door, and the moment she could, she morphed into a Barn Owl.
She flew back twice as fast, even though she tired very fast.
She could only think of one thing now.
Gael.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Gael slid down the tree. He was exhausted from the past half hour. His mind was in anguish beating himself up about Beatrix and his leg was not helping. His leg folded under him, the injured one stuck awkwardly in front of him. The ground was freezing, comforting to his hot body. His head pounded, matching the acute throbbing in his leg. The temporary bandages that he'd applied were slowly freezing as his blood continued to soak them. He groaned, body slowly going limp. So cold... He shivered, the wind blowing freezing snowflakes into his face. It must be snowing again. The raw scent of blood and Wendigo clogged his nostrils, making him want to be sick. Breathing heavily through his mouth, he couldn't get enough air. Not enough... Couldn't...

And he was lying on the ground in a very different place, in a different time, almost a different person. The sunlight was bright and intense, beating down upon his weary body. Flies buzzed around him, settled on his exposed flesh. He drew in a breath, almost gasping from the pain of that simple action. As he became more aware, he became conscious that the ground was hot and damp, a wet breeze blowing salty air into his face. It stung his arm, his chest, made his face burn with the pain of it. He tried to open his eyes, but found that he could only open his right. The left was so encrusted with blood that he could not even lift it. What was the matter? What had happened to him?

Dimly, he was aware that he had been here once before, and some part of him knew that he was reliving the hopelessness that he had gone through after he was attacked all those years ago. His dream self, however, was living it as he had. It was completely unaware of what was going to happen next. It didn't know that he would be found within the next several hours.

Gael winced, trying to raise his head to look around. He fell back with a groan, not wanting to see the mutilated mess that was his chest. The air stank of blood, thick and heavy. It turned his stomach to suddenly realize that it was his. Then he gasped as the memories from a few hours ago hit him hard: the dark, the blinding rain, the white glow of a full moon, hot breath and sharp teeth.

A hand touched his shoulder and he jerked, pain from the sudden motion making his body spasm. He didn't know how long he had been trapped in the past. "Kill me!" he gasped, trying to rise, but falling back with a faint whimper. He couldn't breathe. He was drowning the the burning agony that was his own body, that he could never escape from, in the knowledge of the life he was now facing.

With a fevered exclamation, the werewolf's eyes flew open and he shot upright. Fever dulled his senses, made him want to throw up from rising too quickly. Where was he? It was so cold, quite unlike the seaside... Maybe this was a dream. He smiled vaguely at the thought. What was the good of dreams when you always woke up? Movements uncoordinated, he struggled to stand. However, his leg shook so badly when he tried to put his weight on it that he fell back in a heap. He was too weak to get up again.
Back to top Go down
THECRO

THECRO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Beatrix was ready to give up. She had treated Gael to the best of her abilities, And now he looked as if he were dead already.
She glanced at his cold, sweaty body and immediately squeezed her eyes shut. She couldn't stand to see him so still and obviously unhealthy.
Why did I have to be so angry at him? Will the last thing he knows of this life be me, angry at him?
I never wanted this to happen. I never planned to have him so close to death. And now I wish I had never met him....Perhaps he would have lived if I hadn't followed him, if I had suppressed my curiosity for once....
Beatrix muttered to herself, angry, cold and desperate. "You'll never keep yourself out of trouble. And trouble will surround you for several hundred more years. It is the curse of the Chimera. You just had the bad luck to let yourself care. you're a fool, you know. A bungling idiot. For all your knowledge, you will never be wise."
Beatrix dropped to her knees, uncaring about her cold, damp clothes.
And now someone you care about is dying a slow, painful death. And it's all because of you. Gael may never live to see the springtime, or even the sunlight. He'll never hear the birdsong again, and he'll never have to look at your shameful face again. He's dying. He's probably dead already."
Beatrix was openly crying now, something she had never done before, something she would probably never do again. She was born a fox, and foxes do not cry. She was also born a Chimera, and Chimeras have little emotion. And yet Beatrix wept. She wept for every death she had ever witnessed, she wept for the tragic stories she watched. She wept for Gael.
"And if he is dead, no harm will come from the words I've been thinking ever since I first saw him walking in the snow."
Beatrix let more tears fall, melting the snow. She curled herself into a ball and hugged her knees, longing for comfort. She ignored the world around her, letting herself sink into her depression.
"I love Gael."

OOC: I am SO SO sorry for the time it took to put this up. I was completely swamped for the past few weeks, with goats and school and all of that. I am so sorry. I just typed this up today, very hurried, so don't be surprised about a lack of quality.
Again, so sorry.
Also, I was listening to this song while I typed this. I find it terribly powerful : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Gael was drifting in and out of consciousness. Eyes out of focus, he was lying on his back on the rough earth where Beatrix had cleared the snow away. His brow beaded with sweat, he was having trouble focusing on anything. Dimly, at the edge of his awareness he could sense Beatrix's presence. She was talking, but he couldn't make out the words. Her voice sounded distressed, and that made him agitated. He didn't like it when Beatrix was upset, especially when it was his fault she was feeling down. She was too sweet to not be smiling. He licked his lips, eyes fixed straight ahead of him. Slowly, the werewolf blinked his eyes. His vision swam back into focus, but he couldn't see anything aside from the snow-laden branches above his head.

"Trix?" he asked, drawling in a painful breath as he spoke so that her name was nearly lost. Pain flashed across his mind as he tried to raise himself, but only made it up a few inches before he collapsed back down.

Damn leg, he thought savagely. He could tell it was infected. Despite the fact that his body burned with fever, he felt freezing cold inside and out. He could feel himself shivering, but it was barely perceptible to the eye. Well... to the mortal eye, anyway.

"Trix," he muttered, not caring if she heard him or not. More than anything, he was talking to himself at the moment. "Hey, Kid." He moved his head slightly so as to be able to see her, even if her outline was indistinct and looked more like a lump on the ground than anything else. He didn't care, he needed something to hold onto and the trees above him weren't cutting it. His hearing felt dulled and his head heavier than lead, but was that crying he heard?

"Listen," he began, wetting his lips and trying to tell her that he was only half-dead. "You gotta go. I die... If I die... it won't be... too long before the... the scavengers come."

Gaelgathor tried to focus on her, narrowing his eyes against the harsh light of dawn. How long had he been out for? At least he had woken up, that was something. All he remembered was a falling sensation, and then the light. He had expected to have been dead, but fate clearly had other plans for him. He didn't know whether he should be grateful or not to still be alive, since all it really meant was more suffering, but heck to it. He had to have something working in his favor.

"I don't... intend... to die anytime soon," he growled, leaning his head back again, once more staring up at the trees. "But when it all boils down to it, my intentions don't matter." His shivering had lessened slightly, leaving him feeling far too hot for comfort. "You..." And he hated himself for having to say it because he didn't want to hurt her, but he had done enough damage as it was. "You ought to leave me here... Continue your journey."

The effort of speaking for so long left the werewolf drained, and he closed his eyes, trying once more to summon whatever was left on his strength. He would need it.

ooc: Since I'z sick, this is a lot easier than before! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest    Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Creatures Live In The Dark Forest
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next