Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Dark Fantasy Mania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fantasy writers as in the Medieval Era.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue Mission

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Flash
Admin
Flash

Rescue Mission  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 pm

I would be with him when he passes. I appreciate your call. You may stay if you wish, and help me bury him, when his last breath dies within his lungs and his heart no longer beats. I think he would like that.

Lyra blinked tears out of her eyes when she heard Shadow's grim mental words and prediction. No, Erin wasn't dead. Not yet. At least... She didn't think so. If he had died, she definitely would have known it. As it was, she had no intention of burying him just yet; despite the fact that they were slowly losing him, the Elf refused to think about that possibility until she had to. She wiped her eyes, then looked up at Dante who had just asked if there was anything he could do to help. There was fear in her face when she looked at him, echoes of pain in the premature lines on her face. The thought of losing Erin terrified her; there was no other word for it.

"Immortal or no, there's little anyone can do once Death has made up its mind... But there's one trick yet that might save him." Her voice shook, and her usual calm had been abandoned. She wasn't crying, but she was close to her tipping point.

The Elf tried to get a grip on herself, but she was too distressed to do so. She looked over at Jenny, who was crouching beside her. "I'm sorry," she said quietly to the girl as much as Erin. "I never intended for any of this to happen." But happen it had, and she had to fix it. If she let herself wallow in grief, Erin would die.

Squaring her shoulders, Lyra reached over to Shadow. Wolves... It was a good thing they slobbered so much. Gently, she brushed her hand against his muzzle, picking up thick strings of saliva. Carefully, she picked up two of the elder berries and crushed them, mixing the berry with the saliva. That being down, she applied it to the tiny wound. The only way she could pick it out was because the place around had started to swell slightly. Hardly enough to be noticed, but she picked it out nevertheless. There was still some of the mixture on her hand, and she wiped it off on her trousers. She'd done all she could. It would either work or it wouldn't. One hand stroking Shadow, she took one of Erin's bloodied hands in her other, eyes fixed desperately on his face.

Please... Please...

ooc:
Wolf_Knight wrote:
OCC- Aw... come on wolf! I was starting to like Erin. Why kill him now? I had other characters of mine I wanted him to meet.
I second that one!
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyworldmania.rpg-board.net
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 am

Dante stiffened on the spot. They had over looked something rather important, "the assassin could still be here."
He muttered in a quite voice so Lyra and Jennifer could hear him. Casually, he wandered back inside the inn. Then, he ran up the stairs opening a window. Picking his bow up he knocked an arrow scanning the streets with his night vision. Not seeing anything or anybody out of the ordinary he worked his way back to Lyra, Erin, and Jennifer. He came to stop besides Lyra, standing a little ways away to get a breath of fresh blood free air.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wattpad.com/user/savvylight?utm_source=wp_widget
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 am

He wasn't... responding. A silent tear trickled down Lyra's face, and this time she made no move to brush it away. She didn't want to watch Erin die. Not today; not like this! He was Erin... He was too strong to die. He was too important for Death to take him away. He was too young to be cut down so soon. He had the rest of his life ahead of him! It wasn't fair! She should be the one dying, not him. She didn't deserve to be alive... She hurt too many people.

Lyra's gentle grip on his hand turned unconsciously to something more desperate. Anything. She would give anything for him not to die.

Damn it all, Erin, she thought miserably. I know you can't hear me, but know that if you slip away from us today that I'm sorry. I'm sorry, so very sorry... I never should have left you that night. Maybe you wouldn't have been captured and then none of this ever would have happened. You'd still be alive... You'd still have a future... All because of me. If I hadn't been so scared... If I just could have learned to take a chance. She bowed her head, and her tears caught in her dark tangle of hair. And now it's too late... and anything that might have been is gone. If I could do it all again, I'd do it differently.

She looked back at his face. So still and so pale. More tears fell, and there was nothing she could do to stop them.

Hanna entered the town slowly. Head bent towards the ground, eyes on her feet. Right, left, right, left, right, and left again... Her feet moved of their own free will it seemed, pulling her away from the forests where she had come from and towards a new destination. She was tired of the memories that haunted her there. Everywhere she went and everywhere she turned, there were the memories... Memories of a man with chestnut brown hair and bright, piercing green eyes. Memories of a man whom she had sworn love to... Memories of a man who she had wanted to spend the rest of her life with. But that was over now. She understood. That part of her life was dead and gone with the man. She had buried a part of herself with Dante... in a grave without a body.

The young woman moved easily down the worn street. It was quiet... Almost unnaturally quiet. A few people moved here and there, but they moved far too quickly and didn't speak a word. At this time of day, the streets should be crowded and noisy, and full of life. This was a place that had just received a blow, but none that she could immediately think of. It wasn't war and it didn't seem to be plague. So what was the matter?

As she walked on, her eyes were drawn to a strange little group huddled in the shadows of one the buildings. An Elf girl who seemed to be crying, and to her right was a dire wolf. To the girl's left was a vampire. Hanna's heart twisted, and she felt as if she had received an invisible punch to the stomach. Fire flashed from her eyes. The little rat. It was her kind that was responsible for Dante's savage murder. It served her right, now having to suffer through the same pain she had had to endure. It would have taken very little for Hannah to go over to them and start a fight just because she could, but the threesome didn't appear threatening. Quite the opposite. As she drew nearer, she saw that they were gathered around a body. Suddenly feeling horrible about her earlier thoughts, she averted her eyes and walked on.

She didn't want to see that. She didn't want to see the dead man. She didn't want to see his blood staining the earth as Dante's must have. She didn't want to see the stark white face, or hear the sounds of grief from the woman he had left behind. Dante...

Hanna looked back at the group compulsively, despite the fact that the scene probed old wounds... wounds that had never fully healed... wounds whose scars would never fade. Then she stopped. She blinked.

"Eyes of Mother Earth, close on me!" Hanna uttered the oath thoughtlessly and stood, rooted to the spot, staring at the man who had just walked out of the shadows, a man whose catlike movements stirred old memories. He was older now, and his hair was silver instead of the brown she remembered. If it hadn't been for that, she might have thought his ghost had risen from the dead to come to haunt her.

But then...

He walked away from the group, just a few steps, but it was enough for her to see his face. Then he looked up, and there was no mistaking him. Green met purple, and she let out a strangled sort of gasp.

At first she only took a few tentative steps towards him, but before she knew it she was running towards him, long brown hair streaming behind her like a comet's tail. "Dante!" she cried. The single word tore from her throat, but it spoke volumes of the hell she had endured without him. Alone. Broken. And then she was in his arms and it was as if everything in the world had just been made alright again. She could breathe again for the first time in years. Years...

Hanna tore herself away from him, suddenly angry. "You idiot!" she yelled, pulling back a fist and slapping him as hard across the face with all the strength she had, and she was very strong too. "THEY TOLD ME YOU WERE DEAD! THEY TOLD ME YOU HAD BEEN DESTROYED BY VAMPIRES ONE NIGHT!" She hit him again, though not quite so hard as before, but still enough to hurt. "DEAD! SIX YEARS! SIX F***ING YEARS! AND YOU SURVIVED? DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON? THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!" She aimed a kick at his shins. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I WENT THROUGH?!" she shouted at him. "I-" She choked on her words and shook her head, blinking back tears. Anger slowly started to give rise to something else. She could act angry all she wanted, but at the end of the day she was so relieved that he wasn't dead that she could barely stand. And then the fight was out of her, and she was staring helplessly into those green eyes that she'd missed so much... that she had thought she would never see again. How very glad she was that she was wrong. Guilt twisted her gut. The last time they'd seen each other they'd had a fight, and she'd left him alone. That was his last memory of her... Oh why, why did she have to be so stupid? Unable to be angry with him any longer, she threw her arms around him and kissed him full on the mouth. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, voice choked with tears as she buried her head in his shoulder, holding him tightly, afraid to let go less he slip away again. "Please... Don't leave me again..."

ooc: High fives, Knight? I thought that was pretty good for being written at past one in the morning. xD
{Wolf, this is what happens when you try to kill off Erin.}

Last edited by WolfGirl on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelled her name wrong. How embarrassing!)
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Dante stood away from the small group. Breathing deeply in the scent of clean air. It smelled like a good spring morning. But, it lied. It's strange how weather can do that. On days of blood shed, it can be the perfect day... on a wedding day there could be a blizzard...
Flowers... Vanilla... Hanna... Dante spun around and made eye contact with a girl with long brown hair and electric purpal eyes. She looked like she had only aged a few years. Not by much. Then she said his name. Quietly, as if unsure. Then, she called his name. Then she called him a few foul names, hit him multiple times. Next she did what he least expected. She kissed him. Dante's hands pulled her close, wrapping them around her waist. Now, Her head was on his shoulder, she was crying... he hated seeing her cry. Then a thought occurred to him, that hit him to his core. Could she tell that he wasn't even alive. His skin pale, silver haired, he didn't have any heart beat... he didn't have any heat...
"Hanna."

OOC- *High five*
Wolf! Don't let Erin die. Or Dante may have to bite him! (JK) He's totally missing out on the drama.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Hanna squeezed her eyes tightly shut, trying to stem her flood of tears. She wasn't upset, not exactly. She felt like someone had just given her a fierce punch to the stomach. Six years, and he hadn't even tried to tell her that he still lived. Why? Had she really upset him that much? Had she really caused him that much pain, that he had never bothered to tell her that he still lived? She felt like a child, and a fool into the bargain. But she couldn't be angry with him. Not now. She was too relieved; too overwhelmed with emotion.

She pulled back just slightly and lifted her hands to dry her eyes. She didn't want him to see her cry like this. He had always hated it when she cried, and Hanna wanted to prove to him that she was still strong despite the dark and lonely years apart.

"They told me you had been attacked by vampires," she said quietly after a moment, laying a hand over the place where his heart no longer beat. He was so cold... so dreadfully cold. "You're one of them now, aren't you?" she asked softly.

ooc: Ew, sorry for the tiny post! I'm being dragged off to the movies! SAVE ME!
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Dante took her face in his hands Using his callused fingers he wiped away her tears. He looked so sad. He wanted to give any other answer, "Yes."
He swallowed, "There were two of them. I killed one but his mate chased me... hung me upside down in a tree. Attempting to bleed me like an animal, but I had wounded her. So, she left. Not before feeding me her blood." He was attempting to apologize some thing he wasn't very good at. "The reason I left was I was afraid..." he swallowed. "I was afraid...." He tried again, "I'd try to kill you."
He covered her hand with his leather gloved one. There was a pleading tone in his voice... trying to make her understand.

OCC- Have fun, what one are you going to see?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:03 pm

At first, Hanna was too shocked to respond, though his answer hadn't been anything she hadn't expected. His sad eyes looked into hers, and the pleading note in his voice really did make her want to believe him... But she just couldn't. Six years. He had willingly allowed her to believe that he was dead for six years. It wasn't just that that hurt her... What really cut her was the fact that he hadn't even tried to work something out with her. He hadn't tried to talk to her, hadn't tried to find a solution. In her eyes, he had taken the coward's way out because he was afraid he would kill her. Kill her? Bull. Hadn't she showed him that she could hold her own? Hadn't she let him know that he didn't need to fear for her?

"That's a really, really lame excuse," Hanna finally said, dropping her eyes.

She couldn't look at him, not now. If she looked into those bright green eyes, she would lose her nerve. Right now, she needed to stay strong. It wasn't that she wanted to be angry at him, far from it, but she wanted him to understand that she wasn't just doing to come crawling back to him because she loved him. Of course, she wanted to come back to him... but at the time learning the truth was forcing her to look at him in a whole new light. If he really cared about her, wouldn't he at least have tried? If he had meant what he said, wouldn't he have tried to find a way to work things out?

Her face hardened, and Hanna looked up at him defiantly. "You at least could have tried," she said, trying to keep the betrayal out of her voice. She almost succeeded, but the pain was still there all the same. "I wouldn't have turned away from you; you know that. We could have tried to find a solution... You didn't have to hide..."
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Dante just stared at her. Blood lust is a powerful thing when your first turned. "Hanna, the first living thing I came across, I killed it. Without remorse. I was lucky it wasn't a mortal child. " He took in a shaky breath, "What do you think happened to the Tompson's house cat. It took me three years to get my sanity back. Feeling yourself die and change can and will push you over the edge."
Dante said quietly. "After I could trust my self I went back to town. I saw my own grave stone, you were gone."
His tone wasn't accusatory, It sounded like a man who had lost everything... "Your grandfather came and got you and your mother didn't he?"
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:03 pm

"Three years you had to regain sanity, eh?" Hanna snapped. "Would it have been that hard to send a letter? At least tell me that you were alive?" She crossed her arms defensively over her chest and glared at him. "Of course I left." And then her tone turned bitter. "There was nothing left for me there. You were dead. Everywhere I went reminded me of you. People would give me pity, and I didn't want that. I tried to move on, but that's easier said than done, isn't it?" She gave him a quick look, then went back to addressing his boots. "When Grandfather came for mother and I, I didn't protest. I wanted to go with him. You were dead... I never imagined that I had been lied to; there was no reason for me to stay there and wait for you."

Hanna looked up at him. Her purple eyes expressed conflicting emotions in them. One was anger, which was understandable. Six years. Six years of living half a life. Another was sadness. She felt suddenly like she wasn't worth the effort. She hadn't been worth taking a chance on, or trying to find. That sadness lead to hurt, but it wasn't directed at him. She was attacking herself inside, for she was sure that it was something that she had done to drive him away... and the guilt was killing her. But... But love was also there. Tentative though it was, it was still there. She wanted to go back to the way things had been before, more than anything else in the world, but she understood that six years was a long time. She didn't expect anything from him, especially considering how she had just behaved, though she stood by her actions; she wasn't going to lie to Dante about her feelings and what his actions had done to her.

She looked away for a moment, then back up at him again. "So what do we do now?" she asked him quietly. "Do we go our separate ways, or do we decide do we want to come back together again?" Hanna refused to blush when she said the last part. She needed an answer.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:19 am

Dante looked at Erin, Lyra, Jennifer, then back to Hanna. Then he thought, voices, experiences, names, and dates swirling in his head. At that point it had started to rain. Then he opened his mouth, "I did what I thought was best at the time. I was a coward. I truly am sorry."
Then, he kissed her. It was slow and sweet.
"But, as for your last question only you can answer that." He started to move away from her, then he paused and looked back, "All the swords you got on your birthday, the ones you grandfather sent for. They were from me." He turned and walked over to Lyra. "We need to get Erin inside Elf, or he'll die of cold."
Would she honestly risk her life... to stay with me?
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 am

When the rain first began to fall, the Elf was unaware of it. Rain splattered against the dirt, soaked her hair and tricked down her spine, but she remained oblivious to it. Only when it moved from being a drizzle to a downpour did she move. Tears ran down her face, but she wept silently. Not a sound escaped her lips. Erin was going to die. In her heart of hearts, she knew that there was less than zero chance that he would pull through at this point... And it was all her fault. If she hadn't abandoned him that day. If she had just been able to find him sooner. If only. She felt numb, and her eyes stared at nothing as she looked vaguely around towards the little reunion a few feet away.

Well, she thought dully. At least someone is happy.

It was Dante who saved her. He moved away from the girl with whom he had been conversing, though there was more between them than a need for conversation. Lovers, she guessed from what bits of their conversation reached her, meeting each other again for the first time in many years. Dante stopped next to her, but she didn't raise her head to look at him. She wanted nothing but to sit in the rain and let it wash her away; she didn't deserve to be alive... But Erin did, and his words jogged her back to reality:
"We need to get Erin inside Elf, or he'll die of cold."

Lyra nodded slowly, and rose unsteadily to her feet, swaying slightly. Movements uncoordinated, she wiped the tears from her eyes, but it did no good. Raindrops replaced her tears, and she stopped trying before she drew too much attention to herself.

Hanna followed after Dante when he moved back to the sad little group, feeling surprised. Whatever she had been expecting, she hadn't expected him to kiss her... But his kiss was enough to take her back home. It was as if he'd swept all the years aside with that simple, yet meaningful, gesture and made room for something new.

Now, as she looked down at the sad scene, she felt herself moved to pity. Her purple eyes moved to the Elf, who was clearly crying. Her red-rimmed eyes and the way she shook like a leaf in the breeze told her that much, but she made not a sound. Strange. Maybe she was a mute. She looked so helpless, as if her world had just been yanked out from under her feet to leave her behind in a new darker one. While she felt bad for her, she was also contemptuous. The Elf couldn't just stand there. If the man wasn't dead yet, he would be soon. The rain was picking up.

Hanna took a step forward and nodded to the Elf. "Come on," she said, trying not to sound too rough. "Where too?" She bent down and grasped his ankles, looking pointedly at the Elf.

Lyra jerked her head towards the inn, not trusting herself to use her voice. She took Erin's wrists, feeling his haphazard pulse, and together the two girls lifted the warrior. Lyra led the way, avoiding the gathering puddles, and came up to the rough-hewn door. With a slight frown of concentration, she pressed down on the handle with her elbow, and after a few tries managed to turn it. The door opened faster than she had expected, and the Elf nearly stumbled. Quickly regaining her balance, she nudged the door farther open with her foot and backed in, Hanna following.

Her mind felt as if it had jammed. Nothing seemed real. Maybe this was all just a really bad dream... But none of her nightmares were ever this terrifying. They made their way to their room and laid the warrior down on a cot. As soon as they had done so, Lyra released him and sat cross-legged on the floor, head bowed. And still the tears fell.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Dante had helped carry Erin up back to their room. He felt feather light, like the shell of a creature. Then he remember Shadow. He had again managed to impale himself with arrows. Iron ones. "Sweet Son of a hat troll, Shadow come here."
He didn't give shadow much of an option.
"Bite me and I shall bite you back," he growled threateningly in an undertone, he pulled his gloves off. He began the prosses of pulling them out. "your lucky they are not barbed."
For one of them, Dante had to pull out his dagger and slice an thin area away to work it free. When he finished he cleaned them all and wrapped them in clean white bandages.
Then he cleaned up. Sitting in the corner he meditated focusing entirely on Erin. He sat like that for at least a good hour then, "Lyra. He's in a coma."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Shadow

Scarlet Shadow

Location : In a place where chocolate bunnies and vampires still exist

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Jennifer stood in the rain, her long locks of grey hair covered part of her face. She looked up and closed her eyes, she stood there in dead silence trying to wrap her mind around what had just happened. A young lady had just walked by and, um, attacked Dante, but then kissed him. Okay, lovers. Erin is on the verge of dying. Death. Lyra is probably feeling like killing herself. Guilt. And here I am, just a young vampire with no destination. I met a few friends? Jenny look up at the sky, her eyes shot open and a few tears ran down her cheeks. The vampire felt like a nobody. She was just a fugitive. The rain hid her tears, but she was still hurting.

She turned her head to the inn where they took Erin to. The warrior was dying, she could sense it, but she couldn't tell Lyra that. She would much rather die herself, than deliver news like that to the Elf. Everyone had scurried into the inn, but Jenny didn't want to follow. She would be as much as an outcast in there as she was out here. The vampire stood in the silent streets alone. Everyone with good sense was indoors.

An outcast, she thought to herself.

Without thinking anything through. Jennifer turned her back on the inn and started walking the other direction. She was never needed here and she never will be.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Lyra raised her head, and wiped her eyes, staring at Dante sadly. Biting her inner lip, she looked away from his bright green eyes. Comma. The word turned circles in her head. Comma. That was like an endless sleep, wasn't it? And that meant that he probably wouldn't wake up... that he was... he was... She closed her eyes, shaking her head from side to side in denial. No. She didn't want to accept it, didn't want to believe it. Erin wasn't in a comma; he was just unconscious. But in her heart of hearts she knew that Dante was likely to be correct. She could no longer see the slight rise and fall of his chest as he breathed, and when she slipped her fingers around his wrist she could only just detect a pulse.

Erin, she thought miserably, getting to her feet again. Her eyes came to rest on the warriors still, pale face. Even lifeless-looking, he was still handsome. Please... Hang in there... The realms need you. Your people need you. Her mind was silent for a long moment before she projected a final thought to him. I need you.

The Elf finally looked back to Dante. Tears clung to her dark lashes, but she was no longer crying. She felt too hopeless to waste time on foolish tears. What was the point? There was nothing left to do. She'd tried... and she'd failed. She'd failed the one man she couldn't afford to let down, and now he was paying the price. "He's going to die, isn't he?" she asked quietly, avoiding his eyes as she asked the question. She stared at the floor, misery turning her brown eyes almost black.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Dante was torn. Then the look of utter misery on her face, he couldn't lie. Not to Lyra. She had been kind to him from the beginning. "I don't know."
He felt like he was delivering a death sentence. He stood slowly wincing as he bumped a bruise he had received at Lyra's hands.
"Come here," He moved over to her in a few quick strides and enveloped her in a hug. It was the kind of hug a big brother would give a younger sister. To lend strength and provide comfort.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 am

Lyra accepted his hug without protest; she needed a it more than she would have liked to admit. She held tightly, desperately, wanting to assure herself that at least Dante was alive. It took most of her willpower to prevent herself from bursting into tears again, but she managed it all the same. When she pulled away from the vampire with a muffled "thanks," she felt spent, drained of all energy or motivation. She kept the hopeless thoughts back and tried to think positively, but Lyra wasn't wired for optimism.

I don't know. The Elf turned Dante's words over in her head. Well, that was better than confirming the death that she figured would come sooner or later... And Dante wouldn't lie to her, would he? If he didn't know, then there must be enough doubt that Erin might still pull through.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet
Character Name: Erin Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Erin lay still, but his mind was not yet lost. Shadow...he called weakly with his mind, Bring me my sword...i think...the only way to survive is to use the "purging flame"...but i need that sword... Shadow whimpered but obeyed nonetheless. Purging flame...that did NOT sound good.

The dire wolf retrieved the sword from where it lay outside and charged back up to the room Erin, Dante, and Lyra were. Shadow lay the hand and a half sword on Erin's chest, and slowly, but surely, the warrior's hand moved slowly to grasp the worn leather handle firmly, though his eyes were still shut tight.

Shadow grabbed Lyra's clothing in his teeth and tugged her away from the warrior, his superior size and weight giving him an advantage, and his body blocked Dante from the Erin as well. Stay back!

The room began to feel warm. And then hot.

Erin's body seemed to be glowing red the waves of heat that rippled off him distorted his image. His hair began to burn and smell was sickening. His clothes began to curl and blacken around the edges from the blistering heat. What was more was that his sword, that lay on his chest, burst into flame seconds later, and Erin Bartholomew Thalrun/Wolf was burning...alive.

The smell was horrid. Clothes and hair burning in this hellish fire conjured by an almost dead man. It was inconceivable.

Shadow whined and pressed his muzzle against Lyra's chest, trying to avoid the awful smell and horrifying sight.

Erin burned alive.

Was it suicide? Was he trying to end his own suffering?

The fire was too intense for anyone to have gotten close enough to pull him away anyways. They couldn't save him from his fiery grave.

The light was blinding and heat was nearly suffocating and the vermillion hues of the inferno begged the thought, how was this a fit fate for the wearied warrior?

Minutes passed and with them, any hope of even a fire legacy surviving. The flames began to die down and the smell with them.

Shadow looked to where Erin's ashes should've been...and yipped in surprise.

Erin was still there amidst the embers. His skin was not blackened and his scars seemed to have faded to near perfect skin. His clothes had a few sparks clinging to them and his hair seemed just as long as ever...but it was shinier...Erin's pale face had filled back in with it's usual tanned color and his chest rose and fell steadily. He was breathing normally again. Behind his eyelids his eyes moved rapidly.

The dire wolf rushed to his side and began licking his face. Master?

Erin's hand shot up from his side and gently rested on the massive head of his wolf, his fingers combing through the thick, dark fur and the sword that had rested upon his chest slide off to one side.

"Shadow?" Erin's voice came out hoarse and rasping. His dark brown eyes fluttered open, bright and alert, taking in his surroundings.

Shadow helped brace the warrior as he sat up slowly. "By the Goddess...i feel like hell burned in my veins." And then, he noticed Lyra and Dante. " In an instant, he had a dagger drawn and at the ready, his eyes deadly. "WHO ARE YOU?" He growled dangerously. "Why are you here?" He looked from the sad looking elf girl to the pale vampire. "You will not find me easy prey, blood-drinker, nor you, elf. If you value your lives you will run back to whoever sent you to kill me...or...i can SEND you back...in several shipments...maybe your heads first?"

Erin's life was safe...but his mind may not have fared as well.

Something was wrong. Erin's head felt fuzzy all of a sudden and he stumbled back a few steps with Shadow catching him again. "Oh....my head....why does it hurt so much???" A look of such anguish filled his face then. He knew he was forgetting something...many things probably...but he just couldn't remember them...what had happened? Who were these people and why were they watching him so intently? And...who was the elf? He felt he'd known her..maybe even... What? No. Never. I was never in love with anyone...was I? The warrior held his head in his hands, the pain in his mind was throbbing fiercely, I think...i think i loved her...and...maybe...maybe she loved me back? No...that can't be right...not me...it can't be right...can it? Erin looked up at Lyra, his eyes taking in her modest appearance, her concerned look and tear-stained face. She's been crying...who is she?

"I'm Erin Wolf..." he began haltingly..."And i think i have been sick..." He looked at her almost pleadingly...What am i forgetting? Please. Help me remember...I WANT to remember...

Back to top Go down
http://chivalrynow.net/
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Dante yelled in surprise pulling Hanna, Lyra, and Jennifer away from the fire. His green eyes wide in shock. "Son of a-"
He stopped the curse, when he saw Erin.
Shadow helped brace the warrior as he sat up slowly. "By the Goddess...i feel like hell burned in my veins." And then, he noticed Lyra and Dante. " In an instant, he had a dagger drawn and at the ready, his eyes deadly. "WHO ARE YOU?" He growled dangerously. "Why are you here?" He looked from the sad looking elf girl to the pale vampire. "You will not find me easy prey, blood-drinker, nor you, elf. If you value your lives you will run back to whoever sent you to kill me...or...i can SEND you back...in several shipments...maybe your heads first?"

Dante raised his hands slowly, "Shadow?" He asked haltingly. He would prefer his head remain firmly on his shoulders and not to turn into a pile of Ash. "Erin please we are your friends. We were sparring and you got hit with a stinger of some..." He gave Lyra a questioning look, "A bee of some sort? You passed out and we brought you inside."
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 pm

When Erin's body burst into flames, Lyra's first instinct was to run to him and try to put it out, but Dante pulled her back and she couldn't break free. Even for her, it was hot in the room. In fact, looking back she was surprised that nothing in the room had caught fire. Perhaps it was Erin's power as a Legacy, perhaps it was Fate stepping in to lend a hand; she would never know. When the flames died, she suddenly found herself unable to move, as Shadow went to his master.

"Holy!" Hanna yelled, springing away from the wet dire wolf while Dante tried to pull her back as the body in the cot erupted into flames. She stared at the burning body, wrinkling her nose at the stench of burning hair and flesh. The fool. Didn't he know not to play with fire? And why was his idiot wolf stopping them from putting him out? Did he want to see his master killed for goodness sake? But...

The fire died, and she shoved the wolf out of the way to see what had happened to the man, despite the fact that he had fangs longer than she would care to think about and was over two feet taller than she. If it had a problem with her, they'd find out very quickly who was the stronger. She wasn't alive now because she could sweet-talk. No. She wasn't the granddaughter of one of the great Elvin rulers for nothing. To her surprise, he was not dead. While she was glad for the Elf, Lyra, she was also extremely confused. For a moment, she was completely stumped before the gears clicked. A Legacy. The man must be a Legacy of Fire.

Shadow helped brace the warrior as he sat up slowly. "By the Goddess... I feel like hell burned in my veins." For a moment, he seemed back to normal, but then, he noticed Lyra, Dante, and Hanna. In an instant, he had a dagger drawn and at the ready, his eyes deadly as he sprang to his feet. "WHO ARE YOU?" he growled dangerously. "Why are you here?" He looked from herself to Dante. "You will not find me easy prey, blood-drinker, nor you, elf. If you value your lives you will run back to whoever sent you to kill me... or... I can SEND you back... in several shipments... maybe your heads first?"

Lyra flinched visibly at his harsh words, eyes fixed on the dagger in his hands. It wasn't so much the dagger that bothered her, it was the fact that he was pointing it at her with such a threat in his eyes, and spoke with such venom that stabbed at her. He honestly looked like he intended to kill them; there was nothing left of the other man that she had once known in those cold brown eyes. This was Erin as he appeared to his enemies. Was she a part of that list now?

"Erin?" she asked anxiously, concern creeping into her eyes. "Erin... Are you alright?" She took a small step forward, but no more. Her eyes were still on the dagger. If she made the wrong move or said the wrong thing, she had no doubt in her mind that he could kill her easily.

When the man whipped out his dagger, Hanna jerked out her own steel dagger. She would not tolerate this man hurting Dante, herself, or even the Elf that she barely knew the name of. If he had lost his memory, that was his own stupid fault for trying to use too much power when he was so weak. Had the warrior been any weaker, she was certain that the effort involved in harnessing all that energy would have killed him... Though she knew very little about Legacies and what they were capable of, but she didn't fear them.

"Put the knife away," Hanna barked. "Now, before this has to get ugly. You do not want to make me angry."

Erin stumbled back a few steps, Shadow catching him again. "Oh... my head.... why does it hurt so much???" A look of anguish filled his face then. He looked confused, like he had forgotten something and was trying very had to remember what it was that he had forgotten. But the warrior held his head in his hands, hands gripping his hair for a moment, before he slowly looked up at Lyra, his eyes taking in her modest appearance, her concerned look and tear-stained face.

Lyra held her ground, though she wanted to run to him... to take him in her arms and tell him that everything would be okay, that'd she would find a way to make it better again. His pain was her fault, her causing, she should be the one to fix it. But Lyra couldn't trust herself to go near him just yet. He looked too alive, too healthy for her to believe he was real. What if he crumpled to ash if she touched him or turned into smoke and disappeared into thin air? Scared and frightened, she tried not to let her emotions bleed onto her face.

Hanna didn't become any less tense by his sudden change of mood. It might be a trap. The Elf was smart enough to hold her ground, though she looked like it was taking a good amount of self-control to do just that. She was very conscious of Dante behind her, but she didn't turn around to look at him. If he wanted to help, he could. Erin was clearly unstable and that made him dangerous. A powerfully built Legacy of fire with an enormous dire wolf wasn't a pair to cross, though cross them she would if he made the wrong move. She watched his every movement with sharp eyes, taking a step forward, not slackening her grip or relaxing. She didn't trust him.

"I'm Erin Wolf..." he began haltingly..."And I think I have been sick..." He looked at her almost pleadingly.

Lyra swallowed hard and tentatively handed him his lock and journal, which she had taken with her when they had all gone in. Her fingers shook slightly, and she let go as soon as he had a grip on it. "Everything you need know," she said quietly, meeting his eyes quickly then looking away again. She took a step back, towards the door and away from the others. She wasn't going to be of any help to him, how could she be when all of this was her fault? It was better that he put her out of his mind... get that pleading look out of his eyes.

Erin, please understand me, she thought, very distressed. Her thoughts were targeting herself, punishing herself with every one. All I'm ever good for is hurting you, aren't I? I can't do anything right. I couldn't even save you. I tried, but it didn't work, did it? I failed you, and now you must pay the price for my mistakes all over again. She twisted her hair viciously in her fingers, eyes fixed on the ground. She couldn't look at him. He'd forgotten it all: His past, their meeting, the thief, the fire, his capture, and the rescue... which hadn't been needed. He had saved himself there too. He had never needed her, she needed to stop kidding herself. He hadn't needed her help when he'd had his near-fatal bee sting; he saved himself again too. So what was she still doing here? She only caused him grief, only got him into these situations. All of them. They were all better off without her.

The Elf looked back up, composure slipping. "I- I have to go," she blurted abruptly. She turned around, ran to the door, and forced it open. Lyra didn't know if the door shut behind her or not, but she didn't stop to close it. She had to get away from there before she did something else to hurt him. Holding her breath as she ran, she nearly tripped going down the stairs but steadied herself and kept running. Several people cast her funny looks as she flashed past, but she ignored them. She didn't care what they thought.

Lyra shot out of the inn and back out into the rain. She allowed her feet to carry her through the deserted streets of their own accord, not paying attention to where she was going. Gradually, she slowed and at last came to a stop. The rain came hard and fast, and she was already soaked to the skin, clothes clinging to her thin frame. Her hair felt cold and heavy, catching the water and holding it. She brushed a few wet strands out of her face and looked around, turning a full circle. She didn't know where she was, but that was okay... so long as the rain was there to wash her away.

When Lyra snapped, Hanna wasn't surprised. From the way she had been acting and the misery and fear on her face, it was clear as water to her that the Elf was close to the Legacy, or at least was close to him. His cold and seemingly cruel actions towards them probably had been like a slap across the face to her. It was her problem, and she moved aside to allow the Elf better access to her escape route, but kept her eyes glued onto Erin. She trusted Dante with her life; she trusted Erin about as far she could throw him. But from the way the man had addressed the Elf, and the look he had given her before she had run, she guessed that she meant more to him than he wanted to admit. Contempt twisted her lips into a smirk, and she straightened.

Hanna pointed to the door. "She went that way, Fire-Boy," she smirked. "What are you waiting for? Run after her."

The girl with purple eyes wanted to ask Dante what was going on without those two around, not wanting to make thing too awkward for them. That, and it seemed a little rude to ask him directly what had been the matter when he had just almost re-killed himself and woken up. Whatever the case, she watched him expectantly, taking a step back towards Dante.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Shadow looked at Erin. Master...go after her...i do not think you are thinking clearly right now, but you must go after her!

Erin growled and sheathed his dagger and instead grabbed his hand and a half sword from the floor, the blade instantly aflame with crimson fire, the heat rippling off in sweltering waves.

He stepped forward, pointing a finger at Hanna, " First mistake, you have no idea who you're messing with." He willed her dagger to begin glowing red hot...hot enough to melt flesh if held much longer. "And second mistake, you decided to threaten me. Be glad i choose to let you live. I have more important things to worry about." Erin brushed past her leaving her to deal with the still burning dagger.

Go after her...you must go after her. That's what Shadow had told him. But why? What was he missing? Erin pounded down the stairs and out the door of the inn and into the rain. His eyes swept left to right searching. He noticed footprints. Slender, more so than a humans' ...elf prints. he set off at a pace that would be the envy of a highly trained soldier. Erin Wolf could march at such a pace for some time.

Erin spotted her a few moments later a little further down the path and slipped in front of her. "Excuse me?" He reached out and tapped her shoulder trying to get her attention. "Isn't it a tad dreary out to be taking a stroll, Ms? you could catch a cold or something..." Erin had absolutely no idea what he was doing. "Ms...I was wondering...if you could help me with something?" He reached behind him and withdrew the journal she'd returned to him. "You gave me this back in the Inn...I was hoping...maybe you'd go through it with me. I think I have forgotten many things...Would you...help me remember them? I would be...grateful." The warrior's previously rough demeanor was falling away, and something of the old Erin seemed to be trying to break free. He tried again, "Please? I'd appreciate the help. I think you know somethings about me...and I think you could help me read this book...the rune on the cover is in Elvish...i seem to have forgotten my Elvish..." Erin attempted a gentle smile.

"Lyra? That's your name, right? I've been sick. I know that much. To have judged me, after being sick like that...is not entirely fair. I...I apologize to you for whatever happened back there in the Inn. I don't know who you really or what happened before i was sick...but i get the feeling you figure prominently in it." He gazed at her, his dark eyes searching her face. "I may not remember much from my past now...but I'd like it if you were still a part of my present and maybe even my future..." Erin looked away, fearing some sort of lashing out at him for anything at all. She seemed unstable. That also meant unpredictable. She also seemed hurt. Which meant she needed someone to care. Erin decided then and there that he cared.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Dante snarled at Erin's shrinking form, fangs bared.
"Stupid. Intellectually. Challenged. Mortal." He growled. Reining in his temper his fangs shrank and he ran his finger's over his face, Sighing deeply. Turning to Hanna he took the cherry red dagger out of her hand. Not paying attention to the fact it burned his skin. He dropped it into the water basin in the corner then poured icy water over it. Danger out of the way, he turned his attention to Hanna's hands. Taking care of Hanna's burn marks he explained what had happened between Erin and Lyra. How he had met them, and of the dragon Kazaryl. Who may or may not be following him. He smeared a salve on the burns, he had pulled it out of his bag. Rubbing it gently into her skin. Then he wrapped the fingers individuality, very carefully, showing his eye for detail.
"Do you wanna take a bet on whether or not Lyra will set his pants of fire?" He asked, finished.
He moved over to the basin and pulled out the cooling dagger, It was slightly deformed.
"Nothing I can't fix," He assured Hanna before placing it on a table. His hands were healing, Dante didn't feel any pain when he moved his fingers. If Hanna insisted on looking at them all she would see would be pale new skin stretched over the what used to be burns.

Last edited by wolf_knight on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incomplete Post)
Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 am

Hanna felt her hand growing far too hot far too fast. Letting loose an oath, she hurled the knife with all the strength she had at the strange Legacy, but he was already got. The blade had turned red with heat, but when it sank into the wall with a dull thunk, the wood didn't catch fire. Instead, the melting steel oozed slowly out of the entry-point and spilled onto the floor, where it rapidly cooled and hardened. Hanna let loose an angry yell and swung around, storming out the door.

"You get back here, you b@st@rd son of a b!tch!" she yelled. "I don't know what laws govern your life, but you don't point daggers at the people who're trying to help you!"

She almost ran along the hallway, furious, as she tried to chase him down. She almost did too, but then he was out the door and the rain slammed it shut behind him. The girl jerked it open, but by the time she stood outside he was gone, and his wolf with him. Furious, she delivered a fierce kick to the door and stalked back to the room where Dante was.

When she arrived, Dante took her hand and dropped it into the water basin. As soon as he had done so, he poured icy cold water into the bowl. With a growl of pain, Hanna's fingers spasmed slightly, but she forced her control back over them. "Thanks," she said after a moment, watching him take care of her burns without protest. His hands were surprisingly gentle, though she didn't know quite why she was shocked. She had missed his touch more than she expected, but right now her thoughts weren't dwelling on romance or old memories. Her mind was simmering with anger.

"The hell did he do that?" Hanna demanded furiously, breaking into Dante's explanations after a few minutes of him talking. He was trying to bring her up to speed, but she was having a hard time focusing on his words with Erin's actions so fresh in her mind. "That was not necessary! He would have done the same thing if I had pulled a dagger on him!" Fuming, she absently pulled her hand back and flexed her fingers, mind working furiously. "Why do you travel with him?" she demanded. "And why does Lyra care so much about him? He pulled a freaking knife on us, for the love of Heaven and Earth! The hell is wrong with him? If he's such a great person, he's know better than to draw a weapon on an enemy that he's clearly forgotten."

Outside in the rain, Lyra was staring at Erin with trepidation in her face. Rain pelted her with a ferocity that she was unaccustomed to, but she had been in Paludem before and the downpour didn't take her by surprise. As long as it didn't start thundering and lightning, she would be alright. If anything terrified her, it was thunder. Strangely enough, lightning didn't bother her half as much as its counterpart did. Maybe it was the great, booming rumbles that seemed to shake the very earth and echo in her head, but she didn't know. All her life, thunderstorms had terrified her.

As the rain slowly soaked his body too, she stared at him, listening with more than a little surprise as he spoke, though the fear didn't quite leave her dark eyes. He started out far too formal for her too be comfortable, though her flinching back probably hadn't made him feel all that great when he'd tapped her shoulder. He might have been trying to be nice, but she couldn't get the image of him pointing his dagger at them out of her head, and the anger in his eyes. Above all, the anger.

A part of his present and a part of his future, what's he talking about? What's he want? Is this some kind of trick he's playing? Warily, she took a step forward, eyes on his face. "That's my name," she answered cautiously. In her heart, she couldn't take his words to heart. He was disoriented and had just lost his memory after going through a near death experience; she couldn't hold anything to him in his state. It wouldn't be fair to him. But she so wanted to believe him, to take his words to heart, and never let go... But that wouldn't be fair. He wasn't in his right mind. It would be cruel to hold him to anything or to act like his words meant anything, yet a small smile tugged at her lips before she forced it away.

Slowly, she extended a hand to him, then took the journal from his loose grip. "I know almost nothing of your past," Lyra admitted, voice raised above the rain but at the same time it still seemed quiet. "And I can barely read, but I'll help you." She paused, then continued haltingly. "Just keep your dagger to yourself... You're not the only Legacy around." Lyra turned her attention to Shadow, fixing her eyes on his. Is there any hope for him to regain his memory? she asked the enormous dire wolf. Or will we have to reteach his past and who he used to be to him?

"Come on." Lyra took him by the wrist, and pulled him after her. "If we stay out in the rain we'll both catch our deaths, no matter how invincible you are." She didn't care what happened to her, but if Erin got sick in this weather she thought she just might have to kill herself. She wouldn't be able to deal with watching him die all over again. The Elf dragged him out of the main street and around a corner to a place where the roof of one building offered shelter from the rain, if not the cold. Soaked to the bone and shivering slightly, she sat down with her back pressed against the wall and gestured for him to sit beside her. She would help him, but only because she owed him that much. His mess was her fault; she should at least try to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Character Sheet
Character Name:
PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 am

Dante listened to her rant and his lips twitch in a crooked grin. This was normal, it was almost like he was back home again. Listening to her about market prices, dumb roosters who had to attempt to chase her out of the barn yard... the list went on and on.
"Your mouth has become much more foul with age," Dante remarked. He himself rarely swore unless there was a reason. "Unfortunately for Erin, he has a flair for the dramatics. I do not recommend waving any more weapons in his face. Him having his memory erased is a wee bit- okay huge- of a humdrum. Considering his temper and your temper there may be a mild explosion. If he points a weapon at you... well... you may be able change his mind if you can talk him out of it. Just please, don't raise you hackles at him. He's not half bad he just needs some time to chill and relax."
He was slipping into old speech habits again.
"I travel with them because I ran into Lyra and she needed help. Most of the time it is by luck that I run into them. "
Dante was exhausted, he had only gotten about 2 hours of proper sleep last night after being possessed. The rest of the time he had been in meditation repairing most of the mental damage wrought by the Dark Sorcerer.
Dante sat on the edge of one of the cots running his fingers over his face. Thunder crackled and popped out side. But Dante didn't give it a second thought. Now that he could relax you could see the bruises vanishing on his white skin.
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Lyra took Erin by the wrist and led him out of the downpour, and the rain drummed out on the roof above their heads. He watched her as she sat and shivered, motioning him to sit by her. Wolf nodded and took a few steps towards then paused, a strange look crossing his face. His hand went slowly to his belt, unbuckling his sword, still in it's sheath, and set it aside. He did the same with his daggers, laying each carefully on a small wooden cart that lay at an angle against the wall, well away from Lyra. He nodded once, affirming to himself that he was unarmed now, and then proceeded to walk towards her once again.

'You are cold, yes?" He watched her shiver again, and, without waiting for response he draped his heavy cloak about her shoulders. That done, he closed his eyes and boosted a little of his power into his aura, making the air around him heat up, creating a little cocoon of slightly warmer air around the elf girl and himself. Erin sat down next to her, a discrete distance away, not wanting to impose himself on her. After all, he seemed to have frightened her greatly back in the inn. He called up the scene in his mind.

"WHO ARE YOU?" he'd growled dangerously. "Why are you here?" He had looked from her to Dante. "You will not find me easy prey, blood-drinker, nor you, elf. If you value your lives you will run back to whoever sent you to kill me... or... I can SEND you back... in several shipments... maybe your heads first?"

The warrior shook his head. While it'd have been a great rant...it was meant for enemies...not...well, not her. Whoever she was.

"Hey, Lyra. I want to apologize. I guess...i guess i was surprised when i awoke. All I knew was i'd been poisoned...and that i'd had been forced to use my powers to purge myself...Like channeling hell through your veins to burn away anything that was not there before...Waking up, instinct took over...i reacted like i was being hunted again...just like when i was young..." Wolf sighed and scratched his head slowly, his dark hair ruffled in the wind was starting to dry, but only just. "What i did and said back at the Inn was wrong...can you forgive me?" He pointed to the cloak he'd placed around her shoulders. It was a worn, slate grey-green color and smelled of the woods, of dire wolf, and, of Erin's particular brand of fire; sharp, and rough, with a strange undertone that resembled a wildfire burning through ancient pines. There were a few rips and tears in the cloth here and there, but other than those, it was relatively whole. The cloth was made of some thick, heavy material, and there
were some old scorch marks, almost as if he'd used the cloak to shield himself from an inferno at some point. "In the left pocket is the book you'd given me back in the inn...But it won't open..." Wolf sighed, "f you can open it for me, i don't mind if you go through it all...i guess i owe you that...to know a bit about me...well, really that thing probably has EVERYTHING about me in it...I have had it since i was little...I'd like to remember who i was..." Erin glanced at her and then looked away, his hand beckoning Shadow to him.

"Hey, boy. I missed you." Erin gently grasped a tuft of the wolf's fur in his fingers and hugged the huge creature, almost as if he was desperately in need of something/someone to hug/hold. "Oh Shadow...what has happened to me? Where is Endar? Mother and father? I feel...like...like i have been lost and need to be found..." Erin held the dire wolf tightly, as though he was Erin's only friend, and, at the moment, it certainly seemed that way. He was facing away from Lyra, hoping she'd not see the anguish in his face, as he realized just how much of his mind had been damaged by the purging.

Back to top Go down
Flash
Admin
Flash

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 am

Hanna rolled her eyes at him. "He made me mad," she protested. "But I'll keep the foulness to a bare minimum if it makes you happy."

She looked around, hearing the rain pounding against the roof, the walls. There was a great rumble of thunder and a crash of lightning, and she nearly jumped in surprise. The rain was coming down hard, but she hadn't been expecting a thunderstorm. Still, she was more familiar with Lapidem and Syliva, not this wet, marshy realm that she found herself traveling through now. It was far too wet for her liking, but the frogs must like it, there seemed to be millions of them.

"Unfortunately for Erin," Dante went on, "he has a flair for the dramatics. I do not recommend waving any more weapons in his face. Him having his memory erased is a wee bit- okay huge- of a humdrum. Considering his temper and your temper there may be a mild explosion. If he points a weapon at you... well... you may be able change his mind if you can talk him out of it. Just please, don't raise you hackles at him. He's not half bad he just needs some time to chill and relax."

Hanna blew her hair out of her face in frustration. "I'm just going to be the one to point out here that if someone drew a weapon on you, you'd probably respond in kind. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go down in a fair fight than fall because I was trying to be the diplomat. Someone like that isn't going to stand there and hear your excuse for being in the wrong place at the wrong time; they'll skip straight to defending themselves." She lifted a slender hand and tucked her hair behind her ear, still looking cross. "Those dramatics are going to end up killing him, because if he threatens you or your friend again, I'm going to personally remind him not to bite off more than he can chew... and I don't think any amount of relaxing is going to help him."

Traveled with that weak Elf because she needed help? The heck? she thought. She's old enough to take care of herself; she doesn't need Dante or anyone else running around after her to make sure she keeps her head above water. Especially Erin. I don't trust him.

But her thoughts were interrupted when walked over to one of the cots and sat down on the edge, running his hands over his face. All of a sudden, he looked utterly exhausted. Even as she watched, the faint bruises that she had noticed earlier were vanishing, and faint envy stirred. Being a vampire must be hell, but at least there were some advantages. Without another word, she walked over and sat next to him, their shoulders just touching. "Get some sleep," she said quietly, wrapping her arms around him in a secure hold. "You look dead tired." She pressed a lingering kiss to his brow. "Please? For me?"

Lyra was surprised when he draped his cloak around her shoulders, and almost told him to take it back before she stopped herself. It would be exceedingly impolite to deny an expression of chivalry, so she accepted it without protest. She was wet, cold, and her nerves were long past the breaking point. "Thanks," she said, drawing it tighter around her thin shoulders. It was warmer than she would have originally thought, and it had a nice smell to it. Pine scent, wolf, the unmistakable taste of raw fire an smoke, and another that she had come to associate with Erin.

The warrior was facing away from her, the better to hug Shadow, but Lyra decided that the sooner he got started with unearthing his past the more likely it was that his memory would come back on its own. The longer they delayed, the more likely they were to slip away. Time was no longer on their side, but it wasn't like it had ever been to begin with.

She slipped her hand into the pocket of the cloak, and retrieved the journal. "The journal's enchanted," she started, voice edged with nervousness. "I think only a Legacy of Fire can open it, but I don't have any proof of that yet... Anyway, some drunk tried to mess with it and he was almost badly burned. It didn't flare up with me, so that's the best guess I can offer." She didn't make a move to remove the lock yet. "That rune there," she said, gesturing to the worn rune in the center of the cover. "It's faded, but you can assume that's what it is due to the enchantment placed upon it." Her voice was becoming less nervous and easier now. This was her kind of territory. "Underneath that," she pointed, "is your name." She scooted closer to him so she could better to him. "Erin Bartholomew Thalrun," she said, eyes flickering to his.

Maybe, with a little luck, the sound of his name would unlock some of his memories. It was said that, sometimes, all it took was a key word to be able to access the ones associated with it. Unfortunately, she had never run into anyone who had lost their memories, and the damage Erin might have done to himself could have effected far more than merely memory... What if something else was damaged inside, something that they couldn't find just yet? She blinked, and banished the thought. She'd think on it if that truly was the case; there was no point in making herself worry even more about him.

All of a sudden, the black sky lit up white with lightning and there was a great rumble of thunder. A muffled scream escaped her lips before she covered her head and ears with her arms, burying her face into her drawn-up knees. A shudder wracked her body, and she seemed almost to shrink as she automatically tried to make herself as small as possible. The thunder died away, and she slowly lifted her head, brown eyes enormous. "Well," she said after a moment, trying to redeem herself slightly. "That is certainly a flash thunderstorm." It was a morbidly terrible pun, even for her, but it was the first thing that came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Mission    Rescue Mission  - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescue Mission
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Fantasy Mania :: The Five Realms :: Paludem :: The Marsh-
Jump to: